Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• 1 down.....just another 9 to go. 
  • Honestly don't know much about the lad, but certainly a position of need and I am very pleased that we are buying young players who we can develop. So welcome and very best of luck to him!
  • looking forward to seeing what he brings to the party, if he's the midfield anchor then we need a dynamic midfielder to play alongside him. Welcome George, Essex boy I think so I bet he's please to be back nearer home.
  • In Gallen, Ged, Thomas, Nigel and Ruben we trust... 
  • Good to get a younger DM in, even better it’s on a free. I trust Adkins and Gallen on this over Sunderland fans. I thought it would be done when Cawley denied Mullin but not Dobson.

So were Football Insider right or did they just read it on here?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/charlton-athletic-agree-to-sign-sunderland-23-yr-old/
  • 1 down.....just another 9 to go. 
    3 down Golfie, or will you greet the next one with "1 down 8 to go"?

Not a signing that will blow the league apart but we don't need 10 of them.  Great signing, good age, can improve, something we didn't have.

What price he is our captain sooner rather than later? 
  • solid if not spectacular signing, know nothing about him but I suspect he'll go on to become a key player for us next season though
  • Sponsored links:

• He was at Arsenal from the age of 8-17 so he must have some talent/ability.
  • Just hope we don't blow the budget too soon on these big name signings from top clubs. 
    would it make you feel better if we'd paid £1.5m for him?
  • only a two year deal? Surprised at that, thought it would be three. Got to get to the point where we are not rebuilding every summer. That's why I was hoping this summer we'd be signing players good enough for the step up to the Championship. Not convinced at the moment that is the case.
  • hopefully one of those signings that on the face of it don’t really excite, but turns out to be a blinder. I don’t know anything of him to comment so fingers crossed he’s ok. 
  • looking forward to seeing what he brings to the party, if he's the midfield anchor then we need a dynamic midfielder to play alongside him. Welcome George, Essex boy I think so I bet he's please to be back nearer home.
    You can tell!
  • Welcome to 'The Valley' George, give 100 per cent and the supporters will be singing your name.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Doesn't seem like the Sunderland fans thought much of him, but I'm slightly encouraged by the fact some of them seemed to think it was more having a whole midfield of the sale type of players that was the issue - hope we get some energy and pace in alongside him and let him do the more defensive work.

Wimbledon seemed to rate him too which is promising.

Versatile, young but still reasonably experienced in this division, hopefully a good signing.
  • Nah, he's here for his energy and pace. Let's hope we get some skill, subtlety and ball control alongside him
  • I’m sure we’ll see some players come in on longer deals, especially if we’re paying a fee, for example DJ and Stockley.
  • only a two year deal? Surprised at that, thought it would be three. Got to get to the point where we are not rebuilding every summer. That's why I was hoping this summer we'd be signing players good enough for the step up to the Championship. Not convinced at the moment that is the case.
    No agent would tie their player down at a League 1 club for a lengthy period of time, their earning potential at a higher level club is higher. If we get promoted you'd like to think they'd revisit the contracts, or have an automatic extension built in. I imagine that's the way they do it.
  • I would hope he can play a decent 20-yard pass with accuracy at least
  • Mildly troubled by it being a 2 year deal given his age, but other than that I'm very happy