Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Charlton are going to rely on their younger players because that is the argument to make the better kids sign for Cafc in the first place. If they don't see a route through to the first team we will lose out on even more talented youngsters. Catch 22 for Cafc as we need the journey men players as well and the 21-24 age group who may be next Vardy, Holt or Lambert,(Ajose normally)
    So difficult for Steve Gallen 
    It's a slightly Rolandish argument though

"We need a pathway to the first team for our talented academy players, so it's important that we don't have too many senior pros"
  • Stockley?  
    Looks to thin to be Stockley … ??
    But he's 2 yards behind everyone else so could well be him 😏
  • Charlton are going to rely on their younger players because that is the argument to make the better kids sign for Cafc in the first place. If they don't see a route through to the first team we will lose out on even more talented youngsters. Catch 22 for Cafc as we need the journey men players as well and the 21-24 age group who may be next Vardy, Holt or Lambert,(Ajose normally)
    So difficult for Steve Gallen 
    It's a slightly Rolandish argument though

"We need a pathway to the first team for our talented academy players, so it's important that we don't have too many senior pros"
    Question of balance.

It's also important that we get promoted to the Championship, sooner rather than later.

• edited August 2021
    Stockley?  
    Yeah, it’s probably Chucks Aneke or DJ.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stockley?  
    Looks like Claydon to me

Not sure that's Stockley or Clayden tbh. Face doesn't fit either.
  • Davo55 said:
    Stockley?  
    But he's 2 yards behind everyone else so could well be him 😏
    I thought it was him as it looks like he's thinking: "Sod am I running, I'll just do a diving header"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stockley?  
    Looks like Claydon to me

It's Clayden
  • redbuttle said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stockley?  
    Looks like Claydon to me

It's Clayden
    I think Clayden is in the blue
  • Phew ... that was exciting while it lasted.

Stockley morphed into Charlie Kirk !!  :open_mouth:  

But actually it was just young Clayden. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow step up PSG or City
  • Harry Kane right about now….. will Man City switch attention or is Messi PSG bound?

• redbuttle said:
    Shrew said:
    ...so to summarise today

Nixon saying "something in Kirk" on twitter

@Swisdom confirming 'I believe we have put a bid in'

@TheAddicks4Ever has heard from a man in the pub we are interested in Mungo Bridge, Loan from Aston Villa.

No. It was me who added the comment to Swisdoms post saying I believed a bid had been put in.
    Apologies 
  • Looks like Kasper Schmeichel to me 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    2 weeks ago we were obviously light, but I didn’t feel as though we were behind anyone else in the league.

This week especially that gap is starting to widen. A few quality players have moved to clubs around us.

I have full faith in everyone at the club. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t questioning the lack of activity. Let’s hope for a massive influx at the end of the window. 
    Since Akin arrived on the 8th July, we've signed ONE player in 4 weeks

Yes the market is tough, but that's still pretty underwhelming, when nearly all other clubs have made more signings during that period
    Yes, we're under two days away from the start of the season and our business so far hasn't been good enough. A lot of work still left to do.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!