Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    so, is that both of the Randell twins gone ?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Shame but we're always likely to miss out to Championship teams if it's a direct competition
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Joel Randell is still there although the link was only one of mistaken identity then a "want" wasn't it? 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    CH4RLTON said:
    I have absolutely nothing to back this up with but just have a strange feeling theres going to be a bit of activity on here today.

Totally agree about the activity on here today but sadly none will be about rumours or signings
  • Options
    Sign Famewo on a 3 year deal and I'd really start to get excited !!!
    Just spoke to my Norwich pal, just to get a feeler on what he thought the chances were of us getting him back, he's not really sure what's going on. He said there was talk early in the window they'd sell him, they had him and another young promising CB who stayed as a fourth option last season, who ended up playing loads and did well as they had a bunch of injuries to their 'main' CBs, so that's pushed Famewo further down the pecking order. I don't think he's good enough for Prem for sure and doubt they'll keep him as a 4th or 5th option, so you'd think they'd be looking to either sell or loan him out again.

Sounds like they've had a nightmare summer so far though. Chief exec's gone, head of recruitment is gone, lost Buendia to AV, and there was the whole sponsorship debacle  :D  hopefully we'll be able to capitalise on that with Famewo though...
    Just about what I've been told.
    Also out of interest (not sure if its true) but one of Norwich cities star young performers, who comes from the same town where I live and goes with a girl from my road. Refused to go to a prem. side after the club had agreed to sell him at the start of last season, saying he was a Norfolk boy and wanted to stay.

Hope you are well, John
    Thanks Johnny. Jim and I are progressing. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Joel Randell is still there although the link was only one of mistaken identity then a "want" wasn't it? 
    Joel Randall was a January rumour, can't see it being one we go back to. 
  • Options
    Sign Famewo on a 3 year deal and I'd really start to get excited !!!
    Just spoke to my Norwich pal, just to get a feeler on what he thought the chances were of us getting him back, he's not really sure what's going on. He said there was talk early in the window they'd sell him, they had him and another young promising CB who stayed as a fourth option last season, who ended up playing loads and did well as they had a bunch of injuries to their 'main' CBs, so that's pushed Famewo further down the pecking order. I don't think he's good enough for Prem for sure and doubt they'll keep him as a 4th or 5th option, so you'd think they'd be looking to either sell or loan him out again.

Sounds like they've had a nightmare summer so far though. Chief exec's gone, head of recruitment is gone, lost Buendia to AV, and there was the whole sponsorship debacle  :D  hopefully we'll be able to capitalise on that with Famewo though...
    Just about what I've been told.
    Also out of interest (not sure if its true) but one of Norwich cities star young performers, who comes from the same town where I live and goes with a girl from my road. Refused to go to a prem. side after the club had agreed to sell him at the start of last season, saying he was a Norfolk boy and wanted to stay.
    Who was that? Sure my pal would be interested in that lil story
    Well I shouldn't name names in case, but your mate would know of a young star for Norwich who was dropped for the first couple of games at the start of last season and it was thought that he was sulking because he couldn't get the move he wanted when the reverse is apparently  true.
    Believe it if you will.   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No we bid in January - they wanted a lot of money though so it was dead before it even started.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    MarcusH26 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Joel Randall was a January rumour, can't see it being one we go back to. 
    Wasn't it Williams that was the actual rumour and then it got twisted to Joel, then it spark a load of comments about that exactly the sort of player we should be signing?

Edit:  Apologies looks like I missremembered https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56026402
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021

• Options
    MattF said:

So it was Joel we were after and Williams was the mistake?

My head hurts. 
  • Options
    Disappointed with not getting Randell Williams. Out of the players we've been linked with I was excited about and thought we had a good chance of getting. Money and the lure of the Championship won day it seems. Shame
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No we bid in January - they wanted a lot of money though so it was dead before it even started.
    Plus now he seen his mate get championship move he will only be interested in the same … 
  • Options
    Cawley not expecting us to sign the other Randall twin.

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 
    Cousins and Power …..blimey can you imagine reaction if we brought them !!!!!

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
    BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously why do you need to do that! Makes you look a right plank!
    if i was worried about what you thought i looked like, you'd be right 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
    BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    They haven't bought either of them have they?  They have however brought them in. 
    just no - happy to have the discussion - depends how bored u r 
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

Chuks splashing that signing on money I see
    With the addition of our badge, I will assume DONE DEAL. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWADDICK said:

God their website is worse than Nimer's 
  • Options
    Randell Williams is ok but Joel Randall is the real prospect.  Still a possibility then!  Honestly - he looks mustard 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:

BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    They haven't bought either of them have they?  They have however brought them in. 

YOU !!!!!!!!!!
    ARE !!!!!!!!!!

Also, while we're policing grammar; incorrect use of hyphens. You should have gone for, 'Just no. Happy to have the discussion, depends how bored you are.'
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Randell Williams is ok but Joel Randall is the real prospect.  Still a possibility then!  Honestly - he looks mustard 
    Cawley said it looks like he’s got somewhere else lined up
  • Options
    SamE7 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:

BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!

YOU !!!!!!!!!!
    ARE !!!!!!!!!!

Also, while we're policing grammar; incorrect use of hyphens. You should have gone for, 'Just no. Happy to have the discussion, depends how bored you are.'
    The one that gets me is ‘are’ instead of ‘our’
    🙈
  • Options
    When would one use an Oxford comma?
  • Options
    When would one use an Oxford comma?
    Before the penultimate iteam in a list, before the and, or the or. :wink:
  • Options
    Did you Google that?
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

Love the watch Chuks...didn't get that down Petticoat Lane Market
  • Options
    Did you Google that?
    No, a friend of mine got in a big argument on twitter about it a couple of months ago.  He is an author and a big fan. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!