Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• edited May 2021
    bobmunro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Seems harsh that loyalty points from this season won't count. So fans who bought season tickets this year in very difficult circumstances and propped the club up get no reward. But fans who went when were in the championship do. Thats not rewarding loyalty is it?
    The reward is CAFC Cash. Depending on how much you've spent you can use the balance towards your new season ticket. Even by streaming a game for a tenner I'm saving the cost of that match "ticket" (£17) and a balance is building up. 
    This.
    I haven't used any CAFC cash this season, just a tenner a time paid directly for each stream. Which means pretty much that the cost of our season tickets for this season has been fully refunded. Not sure why that should qualify for loyalty points.

Huh? The "reward" is charlton giving season ticket holders back some (not all) of their money. Thats not a reward, its a refund for something you paid for but didn't get! Buying a season ticket should get you loyalty points. That's how it works. But the club have chosen to ignore the loyalty of people who bought tickets this season and wipe out their points. I have no issue with people keeping their points from the previous year, that makes sense to me. But why wipe out this years points?

Doesn't really matter in the great scheme if things i spose, but does seem odd. COYA
  • YTS1978 said:
    bobmunro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Seems harsh that loyalty points from this season won't count. So fans who bought season tickets this year in very difficult circumstances and propped the club up get no reward. But fans who went when were in the championship do. Thats not rewarding loyalty is it?
    The reward is CAFC Cash. Depending on how much you've spent you can use the balance towards your new season ticket. Even by streaming a game for a tenner I'm saving the cost of that match "ticket" (£17) and a balance is building up. 
    This.
    I haven't used any CAFC cash this season, just a tenner a time paid directly for each stream. Which means pretty much that the cost of our season tickets for this season has been fully refunded. Not sure why that should qualify for loyalty points.

Huh? The "reward" is charlton giving season ticket holders back some (not all) of their money. Thats not a reward, its a refund for something you paid for but didn't get! Buying a season ticket should get you loyalty points. That's how it works. But the club have chosen to ignore the loyalty of people who bought tickets this season and wipe out their points. I have no issue with people keeping their points from the previous year, that makes sense to me. But why wipe out this years points?

Doesn't really matter in the great scheme if things i spose, but does seem odd. COYA
    Except there was no opportunity for others to earn loyalty points for ad hoc match day attendance, so would be very skewed. And season ticket holders did at least have the reward of attending a handful of matches when it was possible.

It’s a shame the club can’t reward purchase of streaming passes but I believe the systems are not compatible.
  • YTS1978 said:
    bobmunro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    This.

You got your money back, VG members didn't.. but it is what it is. We didn't even get to use our discount online. 
  • edited May 2021
    YTS1978 said:
    bobmunro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    This.

I don't think loyalty points based on a season where people couldn't build up points is fair, and certainly would have been against streaming earning points. There was always going to be unhappy parties however they did it.

I say this as someone who had a season ticket this season. 
  • Sark99 said:
    redman said:
    slightly confused. Is the 4 May date just for existing season ticket holders? We didn't renew last year due to Covid and the schenanigans with Elliot etc, but had season tickets for over 20 years before that. Will feel a little peeved if this is ignored. 
    redman, I am in exactly the same position. I have tried asking this exact question at supporters club meetings. Having sat in the same seat in the East Stand since it opened I would be frustrated if I could not retain my usual seat. 
    Likewise.
    My wife and myself have had the same two seats in the Eaststand since the Eaststand opened. I also never renewed for season 2020 mainly because of Southall, Elliot and the uncertainty for this season.

I will be buying for next season.
    Also I understand from the friends that I sit with, that a couple we’re sitting in my two seats for at least 1 of the matches played at the Valley earlier this season.
    i will find out soon.
    No season ticket holders seats were reserved the 3 games this season. It was a limited application for season tickets holders who were selected via a ballot, from there they chose a seat, and most seats were even available to maintain social distancing 
  • edited May 2021
    Animal Addicks! WTF?
    There will be Plant Addicks the following season, so that your favourite cactus doesn't feel left out
  • Does anyone know if there is plans in place for a finance option

Apparently when i rang last year before this last season they ran out of time finding a company
    i hope they sort something out

Apparently when i rang last year before this last season they ran out of time finding a company
    Pretty sure there's something about a finance option in the FAQs, unless I imagined seeing it!

There is information in the brochure, I think?
  • Sponsored links:

• Animal Addicks! WTF?
    Clearly don’t know their history....Should have been one for Fish.....Feeeessshh...

Come on you Haddocks...
  • As someone who attends matches with family including 2 teenagers, I'm interested to learn what the situation will be for a "pass" into Crossbars. 

With no covered concourse at the rear of the Curbs Stand, and with our matchday experience dependant on meeting with friends sitting in other areas pre match, we need assurances that a Fans' Bar will continue to address our needs. Somewhere safe to eat & drink where the older ones will be able to sit is essential IMO.
    I’m not sure why it would be any different from previous years ...? 
  • Animal Addicks! WTF?
    Clearly don’t know their history....Should have been one for Fish.....Feeeessshh...

Come on you Haddocks...
    Then again, it would have been expensive for parents if their kids wanted to join it because as every true Addick knows young fish costa fortune...
  • I'm surprised with the prices, I thought Sandgaard may have made them more attractive.  
  • So in summary essentially same as last season but with some new ‘ membership’ options which may or my not be of some perceived  value / interest  dependent on personal circumstances and preferences ?

No surprises and no need for any outcry I’d suggest. 

I think the unknown and potentially more interesting thing will be the future of Charlton TV / live streaming options but suspect that’s dependent on wider EFL decisions etc. 

I see no reason to rush to a purchase decision with the unknowns on COVID and streaming choices and also evidence of backing the squad rebuild. 

There won’t be a waiting list sadly for some time. 
  • I’d imagine they’ve created the ‘membership packages’ for those who can’t/don’t get season tickets. 

Most of the benefits are to do with getting people inside the valley (via discounted tickets etc), I’d imagine they’ll add a ‘CAFC TV’ membership too? 

Al links to getting more fans involved with the club 
  • J BLOCK said:
    As someone who attends matches with family including 2 teenagers, I'm interested to learn what the situation will be for a "pass" into Crossbars. 

With no covered concourse at the rear of the Curbs Stand, and with our matchday experience dependant on meeting with friends sitting in other areas pre match, we need assurances that a Fans' Bar will continue to address our needs. Somewhere safe to eat & drink where the older ones will be able to sit is essential IMO.
    Just checked in case I was mistaken but in the "brochure" it states " Fans' Bar Returns for the 2021-22 season . Enquire today : sales@cafc.co.uk " plus tel no. 

Doesn't than imply that there may be a charge ? 

One other question. 

IS there access to Crossbars from both tiers of the Covered End as stated ? Wondering as I'm unsure where entry would be or whether this info is out of date. 

NOT picking holes but if I have queries, then presumably others may too.
  • edited May 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    As someone who attends matches with family including 2 teenagers, I'm interested to learn what the situation will be for a "pass" into Crossbars. 

Just checked in case I was mistaken but in the "brochure" it states " Fans' Bar Returns for the 2021-22 season . Enquire today : sales@cafc.co.uk " plus tel no. 

One other question. 

IS there access to Crossbars from both tiers of the Covered End as stated ? Wondering as I'm unsure where entry would be or whether this info is out of date. 

Fair cop, I missed that bit. Keep us posted with what they say plz. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2021
    What would also be good for The Fans Bar is to be able to access the Upper tier of the Covered End from the bar through the doors if they were manned by someone with a ticket scanner. Would save the hassle of going out down the stairs outside the ground and then through the turnstiles and up another set of stairs just to get to the other side of the door you can see from inside the bar.

They scan tickets in the club reception so why not do everyone a favour and save the queues outside from building up even more than necessary, hoping a change of regime will see a change of approach but more in hope than anything really.

FF is right though it does make you wonder if some kind of membership scheme is coming or maybe if it will be one of the perks of taking up those new membership offers. Be interesting to see all the detail.
  • What would also be good for The Fans Bar is to be able to access the Upper tier of the Covered End from the bar through the doors if they were manned by someone with a ticket scanner. Would save the hassle of going out down the stairs outside the ground and then through the turnstiles and up another set of stairs just to get to the other side of the door you can see from inside the bar.

They scan tickets in the club reception so why not do everyone a favour and save the queues outside from building up even more than necessary, hoping a change of regime will see a change of approach but more in hope than anything really.

FF is right though it does make you wonder if some kind of membership scheme is coming or maybe if it will be one of the perks of taking up those new membership offers. Be interesting to see all the detail.
    Season ticket holders in the upper shelf of the Cupboard End used to be allowed to go straight up.

This was back in the days of paying each season to use Crossbars and before the new scanner tirnstiles. There'd always be people on the doors who would collect your ticket.
  • edited May 2021
    sammy391 said:
    I’d imagine they’ve created the ‘membership packages’ for those who can’t/don’t get season tickets. 

Most of the benefits are to do with getting people inside the valley (via discounted tickets etc), I’d imagine they’ll add a ‘CAFC TV’ membership too? 

Al links to getting more fans involved with the club 
    Except there is a £25 price for season ticket holders to become members. I think it’s more likely that someone has thought to themselves, here’s a revenue stream we’re missing out on. A price point of £35 suggests the same thing. It’s not well pitched against a £2 ticket discount. If you’re going to 18 games - to make your £35 back - you’d be better off buying a season ticket.

Another point is that Valley Gold members pay £120 a year, but don’t get £2 ticket discounts. These things aren’t straightforward.

• J BLOCK said:

One other question. 

To me that means that the club may charge for entry into the fans bar. This didn't work the last time they tried that so I would be amazed if it worked this time around. Its hardly full on a matchday at the best of times either 
  • I think there will be bigger issues with traffic getting to and from the ground in the future given the ridiculous TFL (?) inspired road management changes on the Lower Road. People wont have time to have a drink !

Asking people to pay  an ‘entrance fee’ to drink a pint in the ground and not elsewhere is a non starter of an idea. Can’t under estimate how expensive a football match experience is these days and potentially unaffordable to a good few post pandemic. 
  • I think there will be bigger issues with traffic getting to and from the ground in the future given the ridiculous TFL (?) inspired road management changes on the Lower Road. People wont have time to have a drink !

Asking people to pay  an ‘entrance fee’ to drink a pint in the ground and not elsewhere is a non starter of an idea. Can’t under estimate how expensive a football match experience is these days and potentially unaffordable to a good few post pandemic. 
    Took me an hour to get from Southwark to Charlton on a recent Saturday. I’m not unsympathetic to what they’ve done, but I should think the lower road between Greenwich and Charlton will be impassable on matchdays.
  • PWR

Ive logged in but can’t see any renew or buy new season ticket buttons, is there a date for release?
  • DA9 said:
    PWR

Ive logged in but can’t see any renew or buy new season ticket buttons, is there a date for release?
    Yeah tomorrow at 9:30
  • Be good to get some more clarification on crossbars, also a shame the price didn't drop 10% or so. I know TS has been spending money with very little return so far, but considering this last 12 months has been rough for many people and we don't know if games will be locked out again.. its not an easy sell. Especially if a bar that was previously free for many, now has a fee to enter.