Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    We hit 6k three days ago, do you think we’ll have reached 7k by end of next week? 
    if u look at the seats available on the 'buy season ticket' page, it would suggest we have well exceeded £7k already unless a lot of the seats that are greyed out haven't been sold ? i think a block in the NW is held back for academy / players? not sure what others would be held back ? (excluding directors box and the blocks at end of east and west not opened) - maybe current season ticket holders who have yet to renew?? or have they been released now?  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    We hit 6k three days ago, do you think we’ll have reached 7k by end of next week? 
    if u look at the seats available on the 'buy season ticket' page, it would suggest we have well exceeded £7k already unless a lot of the seats that are greyed out haven't been sold ? i think a block in the NW is held back for academy / players? not sure what others would be held back ? (excluding directors box and the blocks at end of east and west not opened) - maybe current season ticket holders who have yet to renew?? or have they been released now?  
    I'm guessing many of those greyed out are existing ST's who can still claim their current seat?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I'm guessing many of those greyed out are existing ST's who can still claim their current seat?
    Even if that's true you'd expect those to eventually sell. There can't be many people that bought last year and won't buy this year.
  • Options
    Thought we might have a stu wall situation developing there... phew!

Then i remembered an IQ is required to join CL.
  • Options
    Thought we might have a stu wall situation developing there... phew!

Then i remembered an IQ is required to join CL.
    nope sorry,thinking out loud isn't a good look this time

• Options
    edited May 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were still in May (5) headline writer.
    😉
  • Options
    Come August I imagine the walk up sales will be heavily Covid dependant. If numbers are really low, I imagine it will be a relatively easy sell to get "casuals and locals" to come to a summer Saturday game, as people will be desperate to do "stuff", especially if they've not had much of a holiday

Obviously a midweek game against Cheltenham in February would be a harder sell
  • Options
    Looks to me as if 2,500-3,000 of the tickets sold might be in the Covered End Lower or family stand, which isn’t great for the club in revenue terms.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    It's great for the club in match atmosphere terms.

And that’s the bit that is seen when goals and goal action in front of the covered end are shown on tv and clips. A picture with a packed stand making noise is great advertising.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks to me as if 2,500-3,000 of the tickets sold might be in the Covered End Lower or family stand, which isn’t great for the club in revenue terms.
    Blimey mate . Why do you always put a bad spin on things ? 
    I’m not sure that looking at detail is “a bad spin”. I’ve seen all kinds of nonsense about the revenue likely to be raised from season tickets on here. I just try to inject some reality into it. 

The very large spread of the adult prices - itself a hangover from previous regimes - skews the sales into low cost areas, which reduces the club’s income. If the club has sold two thirds of tickets in that area it will only have brought in, say, £350k-£400k from a third of sales. People are focused on numbers sold but it’s revenue that matters to the club in the end.
    Is there a quantifiable benefit to the club from higher numbers of STs, even in lower priced sections, due to increased spending inside the stadium (merchandise, catering etc) or is that “priced in” to the outsource agreements?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    se9addick said:
    I’m not sure that looking at detail is “a bad spin”. I’ve seen all kinds of nonsense about the revenue likely to be raised from season tickets on here. I just try to inject some reality into it. 

The very large spread of the adult prices - itself a hangover from previous regimes - skews the sales into low cost areas, which reduces the club’s income. If the club has sold two thirds of tickets in that area it will only have brought in, say, £350k-£400k from a third of sales. People are focused on numbers sold but it’s revenue that matters to the club in the end.
    Is there a quantifiable benefit to the club from higher numbers of STs, even in lower priced sections, due to increased spending inside the stadium (merchandise, catering etc) or is that “priced in” to the outsource agreements?
    The profit per head from ancillary spendIng is so trivial next to tickets it’s barely worth considering - apart from the fact that most people spend nothing, you have to factor in cost of sale, etc. Unlike tickets there is the cost of the person selling it to you, the unit cost of producing and delivering it to you, etc.

I am not saying it isn’t worthwhile offering these things but think £2 per head per match as a benchmark. And remember not buying a season ticket doesn’t mean you never attend - or that you always attend if you do have one. In fact, as we know, thousands of season ticket holders are invariably missing.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Ferryman said:

And that’s the bit that is seen when goals and goal action in front of the covered end are shown on tv and clips. A picture with a packed stand making noise is great advertising.
    Possibly, but is that the best way to achieve this if so? Would it be radically different if the season tickets were £350 and the match tickets were £15 for adults? What would be the revenue effect?

Has the club actually just created a way for people to pay £260 but sit in the £400 seats above?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Possibly, but is that the best way to achieve this if so? Would it be radically different if the season tickets were £350 and the match tickets were £15 for adults? What would be the revenue effect?

Has the club actually just created a way for people to pay £260 but sit in the £400 seats above?
    People have been doing that for years.
  • Options

This price in the Covered End arose from a view that we needed more fans Immediately behind the goal - the question I would ask is whether the cost of that would be better spent on players.

And yes, I get that some people paying £260 wouldn’t buy at a higher price, but I doubt if they would all then spend zero on match tickets. The question is more whether big gap between £260 and £400 is dragging people who will buy anyway to the lowest price.
    Can certainly say it had that effect with me. I was always going to buy but I couldn't justify an extra £140 for the sake of a seat a few m higher.
  • Options
    Even at £400+ for a top price ST it’s still about £20 a game. 
    Compare that to other sport/leisure activities and it is excellent value. 
    The empty lower tier at the toolbox looks awful on TV, whereas CAFC players celebrating in front of a full covered end looks inviting. 

I like the pricing structure, but would probably buy at any reasonable price. 
    There are hundreds of new dwellings around the O2 in the last year or so, and a fairly full stadium, with successful footy this season may just build our core support in the local area.