Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• cafc999 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    As someone who attends matches with family including 2 teenagers, I'm interested to learn what the situation will be for a "pass" into Crossbars. 

With no covered concourse at the rear of the Curbs Stand, and with our matchday experience dependant on meeting with friends sitting in other areas pre match, we need assurances that a Fans' Bar will continue to address our needs. Somewhere safe to eat & drink where the older ones will be able to sit is essential IMO.
    I’m not sure why it would be any different from previous years ...? 
    Just checked in case I was mistaken but in the "brochure" it states " Fans' Bar Returns for the 2021-22 season . Enquire today : sales@cafc.co.uk " plus tel no. 

Doesn't than imply that there may be a charge ? 

One other question. 

IS there access to Crossbars from both tiers of the Covered End as stated ? Wondering as I'm unsure where entry would be or whether this info is out of date. 

NOT picking holes but if I have queries, then presumably others may too.
    To me that means that the club may charge for entry into the fans bar. This didn't work the last time they tried that so I would be amazed if it worked this time around. Its hardly full on a matchday at the best of times either 
    You'd be quite surprised just how busy it was getting in The Fans Bar. Tables very quickly filled and even at 2.15pm there'd be a long queue outside waiting to get in while I'm on my way out!
    Yep, it was definitely as full as legally allowed. If they are going to charge, the service needs to be better at the bar and for the food. Simply not food enough being sold out of things, 20 minutes after they open. 
  • edited May 2021
    It’s not so much an issue as tinkering with how crossbars operates as seems to be the gist of the thread now, it should a question of how can the club expand capacity around the ground. I use crossbars on matchdays before the game, get something to eat and in winter time just warm up, and usually afterwards for a couple of pints to let the queue at the station go away.

crossbars is popular, particularly on colder days (ie when most games in England are played) because its ‘indoors’ and warm. The club needs to look at how it can create more of those spaces. Adding a roof to the back of the East/Curbs stand looks pretty feasible to me. Enclose that space, put in some carpet, tables and chairs and that would make that more attractive for fans in that stand to use and take some of the pre-match pressure off crossbars.

Then there is the west stand car park. There must be space there to create another ‘indoor’ hospitality area, even a large marquee would do the trick of adding capacity. 

The bars below the stands could do with a heating system in winter. When I leave Crossbars on match day, I head for the bar in the Covered End for a quick pint, or two if there is a minutes silence for somebody totally unconnected with Charlton. Half time is usually a waste of time trying to get served. Full time the bars are shut so I head to crossbars as mentioned above - top marks to Brighton who opened their away fan stands bars after the game last time I went there.

The match day experience isn’t just about the football, there is a huge social side to going to a game. 

As the film said, if you build it, they will come.

• edited May 2021
    shine166 said:
    Be good to get some more clarification on crossbars, also a shame the price didn't drop 10% or so. I know TS has been spending money with very little return so far, but considering this last 12 months has been rough for many people and we don't know if games will be locked out again.. its not an easy sell. Especially if a bar that was previously free for many, now has a fee to enter. 
    It was only in the last two or three seasons that it was free to home fans, prior to that it was about £100/season (although I remember one season they must have whacked up the prices because me, Mum and Dad went to the Millenium Lounge before we went back to Crossbars the following season).

EDIT: I can't remember whether it was free when it was first opened.

I normally get to Charlton fairly early on a matchday (a consequence of trying to get a parking spot near the ground instead of having a five-mile hike and never being too sure what the traffic was going to be like coming down) and there would be occassions where I was queueing up to get into Crossbars at 1:40pm ... all it takes is a big kiddie birthday party in the lounge and that's a large chunk of the capacity used up.
  • shine166 said:
    Be good to get some more clarification on crossbars, also a shame the price didn't drop 10% or so. I know TS has been spending money with very little return so far, but considering this last 12 months has been rough for many people and we don't know if games will be locked out again.. its not an easy sell. Especially if a bar that was previously free for many, now has a fee to enter. 
    It was only in the last two or three seasons that it was free to home fans, prior to that it was about £100/season (although I remember one season they must have whacked up the prices because me, Mum and Dad went to the Millenium Lounge before we went back to Crossbars the following season).

EDIT: I can't remember whether it was free when it was first opened.

I normally get to Charlton fairly early on a matchday (a consequence of trying to get a parking spot near the ground instead of having a five-mile hike and never being too sure what the traffic was going to be like coming down) and there would be occassions where I was queueing up to get into Crossbars at 1:40pm ... all it takes is a big kiddie birthday party in the lounge and that's a large chunk of the capacity used up.
    Maybe there could be a separate space for kids parties, then everyone in the bar is buying beer and possibly food. No idea what the parties cost, but there's every chance they pay there £10 PH extra and nowt more. 

I'm not a big drinker, but its rare that il spend less than £50 per game in the bar 
  • The club came up with that wheeze to charge a few seasons ago. I bought our two passes. It effectively gave us access to an ‘exclusive’ lounge before the game and at half time - beats me how we weren’t all on first name terms there was so few of us using it and with one free drink included in the deal it wouldn’t surprise me if the takings over the bar could have been recorded with a quill pen and old school ledger system. They opened the bar to all comers near the end of the season. 
  • I think there will be bigger issues with traffic getting to and from the ground in the future given the ridiculous TFL (?) inspired road management changes on the Lower Road. People wont have time to have a drink !

Asking people to pay  an ‘entrance fee’ to drink a pint in the ground and not elsewhere is a non starter of an idea. Can’t under estimate how expensive a football match experience is these days and potentially unaffordable to a good few post pandemic. 
    Took me an hour to get from Southwark to Charlton on a recent Saturday. I’m not unsympathetic to what they’ve done, but I should think the lower road between Greenwich and Charlton will be impassable on matchdays.
    As someone who only ever uses it when I go to the Valley can I ask what they have done? 
  • redman said:
    I think there will be bigger issues with traffic getting to and from the ground in the future given the ridiculous TFL (?) inspired road management changes on the Lower Road. People wont have time to have a drink !

Asking people to pay  an ‘entrance fee’ to drink a pint in the ground and not elsewhere is a non starter of an idea. Can’t under estimate how expensive a football match experience is these days and potentially unaffordable to a good few post pandemic. 
    Took me an hour to get from Southwark to Charlton on a recent Saturday. I’m not unsympathetic to what they’ve done, but I should think the lower road between Greenwich and Charlton will be impassable on matchdays.
    As someone who only ever uses it when I go to the Valley can I ask what they have done? 
    The lower road between Greenwich & Woolwich is now single lane traffic in both directions, due to bus lanes & cycle lanes being installed by TFL & the Royal Borough of Greenwich council.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s not so much an issue as tinkering with how crossbars operates as seems to be the gist of the thread now, it should a question of how can the club expand capacity around the ground. I use crossbars on matchdays before the game, get something to eat and in winter time just warm up, and usually afterwards for a couple of pints to let the queue at the station go away.

crossbars is popular, particularly on colder days (ie when most games in England are played) because its ‘indoors’ and warm. The club needs to look at how it can create more of those spaces. Adding a roof to the back of the East/Curbs stand looks pretty feasible to me. Enclose that space, put in some carpet, tables and chairs and that would make that more attractive for fans in that stand to use and take some of the pre-match pressure off crossbars.

Then there is the west stand car park. There must be space there to create another ‘indoor’ hospitality area, even a large marquee would do the trick of adding capacity. 

The bars below the stands could do with a heating system in winter. When I leave Crossbars on match day, I head for the bar in the Covered End for a quick pint, or two if there is a minutes silence for somebody totally unconnected with Charlton. Half time is usually a waste of time trying to get served. Full time the bars are shut so I head to crossbars as mentioned above - top marks to Brighton who opened their away fan stands bars after the game last time I went there.

The match day experience isn’t just about the football, there is a huge social side to going to a game. 

I think the space behind the Curbs stand has to allow for emergency services vehicles to drive through. 
  • redman said:
    I think there will be bigger issues with traffic getting to and from the ground in the future given the ridiculous TFL (?) inspired road management changes on the Lower Road. People wont have time to have a drink !

The two way cycle lane outside M&S.

You now can't turn into the retail park from the Greenwich direction. This is the end of the 2 way cycle lane.

• If they charge for the fans bar, they’ll kill it, lots of my pals have already indicated that the revamped, Charlton fan owned Royal Oak will be the hostelry of choice  
  • It’s not so much an issue as tinkering with how crossbars operates as seems to be the gist of the thread now, it should a question of how can the club expand capacity around the ground. I use crossbars on matchdays before the game, get something to eat and in winter time just warm up, and usually afterwards for a couple of pints to let the queue at the station go away.

Spurs keep all their bars and food outlets open for a couple of hours after games, packed when I was there.
  • edited May 2021
    Ferryman said:
    It’s not so much an issue as tinkering with how crossbars operates as seems to be the gist of the thread now, it should a question of how can the club expand capacity around the ground. I use crossbars on matchdays before the game, get something to eat and in winter time just warm up, and usually afterwards for a couple of pints to let the queue at the station go away.

I think the space behind the Curbs stand has to allow for emergency services vehicles to drive through. 
    If so, emergency services can only be an ambulance or a fire engine. If there was a fire in the east stand then (and I am not an expert) I would suspect that by the time a fire engine got to the ground there is probably zero likelihood somebody would drive a fire engine down the back of that stand and chance being trapped (one way in, same way out). As for an ambulance, a paramedic vehicle should still be able to negotiate its way down that space.

• Crusty54 said:
    redman said:

The two way cycle lane outside M&S.

You now can't turn into the retail park from the Greenwich direction. This is the end of the 2 way cycle lane.

Nice one. A few delayed kick offs as away teams are stuck in traffic will mean an opportunity for fans to lubricate their vocal chords a little more and ramp up the atmosphere 
  • If so, emergency services can only be an ambulance or a fire engine. If there was a fire in the east stand then (and I am not an expert) I would suspect that by the time a fire engine got to the ground there is probably zero likelihood somebody would drive a fire engine down the back of that stand and chance being trapped (one way in, same way out). As for an ambulance, a paramedic vehicle should still be able to negotiate its way down that space.

Evacuation would be onto the pitch. Fire engines are less than half a mile away.
  • CAST have been in contact with the club concerning the Fans' Bar (formerly Crossbars). They have told us there is no intention to change the way it operates or to charge an entrance fee on match days. However, depending on future Covid restrictions re social distancing/ capacity limits, they may need to implement an advance booking system in such circumstances. 
    Happy days
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

My cats are gonna love those Bandanas.... not 
  • _MrDick said:
    shine166 said:

My cats are gonna love those Bandanas.... not 
    You can use it for mopping up your blood, once the cats fks you up for trying 😅
  • CAST have been in contact with the club concerning the Fans' Bar (formerly Crossbars). They have told us there is no intention to change the way it operates or to charge an entrance fee on match days. However, depending on future Covid restrictions re social distancing/ capacity limits, they may need to implement an advance booking system in such circumstances. 
    Thanks, Weegie ! 

That sounds positive & saves me a phone call .
  • Crusty54 said:
    If so, emergency services can only be an ambulance or a fire engine. If there was a fire in the east stand then (and I am not an expert) I would suspect that by the time a fire engine got to the ground there is probably zero likelihood somebody would drive a fire engine down the back of that stand and chance being trapped (one way in, same way out). As for an ambulance, a paramedic vehicle should still be able to negotiate its way down that space.

Evacuation would be onto the pitch. Fire engines are less than half a mile away.
    You'd think so, but that was certainly not the evacuation plan in the past. 
  • Does anyone know if the CAFC cash we have includes children's season tickets credits?
  • edited May 2021
    Pet mascot opportunities is tempting me to get membership for each of my  7 fish.

In reality I will get a season ticket again for the first time in a few years and may get a membership - for £25 I would enjoy seeing around the training ground and a training session which I have never watched so seems a decent option.  Well done the club, easy money for them an experience for me.
  • Do Blackheath Pet Supplies do goat mix? 🤔
  • Does anyone know if the CAFC cash we have includes children's season tickets credits?
    They will be on the kids own CAFC cash account 
  • Pet mascot opportunities is tempting me to get membership for each of my  7 fish.

In reality I will get a season ticket again for the first time in a few years and may get a membership - for £25 I would enjoy seeing around the training ground and a training session which I have never watched so seems a decent option.  Well done the club, easy money for them an experience for me.
    Doesn't say First Team training session - might be U18's or U23"s.