Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• I am so ANGRY with this. Exacty the same thing that has happened as last time.  Derby should be relegate this season and Rotherham allowed to stay up. EFL are a joke. How can you punish a team for a newer season when irregularities were this season and last.. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I am so ANGRY with this. Exacty the same thing that has happened as last time.  Derby should be relegate this season and Rotherham allowed to stay up. EFL are a joke. How can you punish a team for a newer season when irregularities were this season and last.. 
    It depends on the team. I'm sure if it was Rotherham their punishment would have been imposed this season.

Plenty of double standards with the EFL.

• Rudders22 said:
    I am so ANGRY with this. Exacty the same thing that has happened as last time.  Derby should be relegate this season and Rotherham allowed to stay up. EFL are a joke. How can you punish a team for a newer season when irregularities were this season and last.. 
    But IF they did punish Derby this season, then wouldn't that show they should have punished Wednesday last season?

I wonder what they would have done if a 6 point penalty applied this season wouldn't have relegated Derby
  • https://t.co/13tonyEfMS

EFL Statement above

Wycombe and Derby will be given an interchangeable Championship and League One fixture list tomorrow morning. Only a fine issued to Derby as it stands but that could be appealed by the EFL
  • LouisMend said:
    https://t.co/13tonyEfMS

EFL Statement above

Wycombe and Derby will be given an interchangeable Championship and League One fixture list tomorrow morning. Only a fine issued to Derby as it stands but that could be appealed by the EFL
    Wow !

Sounds like the EFL are going to appeal. Not surprising as its another slap on the wrist by an "independent" tribunal. £100k fine !!

Said it many times before- might as well just fuck the rules & do what you like. Like last season. We should have exceeded to wage cap (and seeing as it's been scrapped we would have been vindicated) and then just taken a paltry fine.
  • edited June 2021
    What a mess. How are they supposed to prepare when they don't even know what league they're going to be in
  • Just amazing.
  • What a mess, you couldn't make it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:
    What a mess, you couldn't make it up.
    Why not? The EFL make shit up every season
  • How ridiculous is this Derby have been found guilty of there charges and can appeal …… in the meantime today there will be two sets of fixtures made out for Derby and Wycombe in case the appeal fails ( how long does an appeal take ) one championship and one in league one 

Basically if their appeal fails Derby will be in league one 

Totally ridiculous it’s like they don’t really want to punish Derby giving them more time to get out of it …. But how long say our first game Wycombe what happens ??
  • Suppose the question is if we were Derby would they have treated us the same ….. think we know the answer 
  • Nailed on our first game Wycombe or derby
  • Compare Derby's treatment to that of Luton's, one cheats and lies about it the other just runs out of money. One is given a fine the other is punished so severely it takes them years to recover.
  • How ridiculous is this Derby have been found guilty of there charges and can appeal …… in the meantime today there will be two sets of fixtures made out for Derby and Wycombe in case the appeal fails ( how long does an appeal take ) one championship and one in league one 

Basically if their appeal fails Derby will be in league one 

Totally ridiculous it’s like they don’t really want to punish Derby giving them more time to get out of it …. But how long say our first game Wycombe what happens ??
    Er, no.  It's the EFL who are likely to appeal and if their appeal wins then Derby could get a points deduction (and possible relegation).
  • It is also unfair on Wycombe how do they budget and recruit players for next season without knowing what league they are in. 

Give Derby a 40 point deduction this season, if they get relegated without it carry it over to next season.
  • That is mental!
  • Sponsored links:

• But that is the whole point isnt it. The legalities involved in proving they broke FP rules are very murky. As it stands at the moment they havent broken any have they ? as in proven ? slippery lot some of these owners
  • AndyG said:
    But that is the whole point isnt it. The legalities involved in proving they broke FP rules are very murky. As it stands at the moment they havent broken any have they ? as in proven ? slippery lot some of these owners
    They have. They have to re-do their accounts without the fiddling now and been fined £100k.
    I am not sure that the EFL need to appeal. Maybe the new accounts mean that they have failed on spending and that the points deduction follows?
  • Why didnt this happen with us and Sheffield Wednesday? 
    I think the timing would have been the main issue. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Why didnt this happen with us and Sheffield Wednesday? 
    Pretty sure the EFL will struggle to complete the appeal in six weeks. Then Derby will appeal if it goes against them.
  • Any team that breaks FP, should be relegated with no appeal. The EFL should say these are our rules and if you want in, you have to agree to them.
    But the EFL don't make the rules........ Which is 80% of the problem.  The other 20% is their incompetence. 
  • Addickted said:
    Redrobo said:
    Pretty sure the EFL will struggle to complete the appeal in six weeks. Then Derby will appeal if it goes against them.
    The appeal had been heard and this is the decision. It is now for the EFL to decide the punishment. Derby will obviously appeal that so I think that it is highly unlikely that they will have points deducted retrospectively.
    In fact I would expect them to take legal action at the suggestion of retrospective action. It is just the EFL trying to look strong.
    This will all go the way of Sheffield Wednesday with insignificant punishment. One can only hope that they get relegated anyway.
  • Addickted said:
    Redrobo said:
    Pretty sure the EFL will struggle to complete the appeal in six weeks years centuries. Then Derby will appeal if it goes against them.
    I think that timescale is a more realistic target for the Football League.