Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Options
    Our manager spotted with a Ho

Adkins out
  • Options
    Loving the lighthouse in the background, could do with Nige and some trains / steam trains in the background, really get us salivating..
  • Options
    Good to hear from Nige on an away day out in Plymouth Ho..
    How comes the players aren't out there with him, go kick some arse Nige and get those lazy so & so's out of bed, get some fresh air and a quick 5k run in before breakfast, not on bloody holiday  B)
  • Options
    Good to hear from Nige on an away day out in Plymouth Ho..
    How comes the players aren't out there with him, go kick some arse Nige and get those lazy so & so's out of bed, get some fresh air and a quick 5k run in before breakfast, not on bloody holiday  B)
    Evidently they did go out for a walk. 👍
  • Options
    Stig said:
    clive said:
    Steadycam for a portrait cameraphone - what's going on Nige? 

Seriously, good vid though!
    most phones have real time stabilisation in them. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021

On balance, I think my worst nightmare would be being stuck in a lift with Professor Positive.

Reminds me of one of those dreadful evangelical born-again Christians. 

He seriously gives me the creeps.  
    Wow!!, Good job then that we didn't end up with "The Cowleys" or Paul Cook, you would be looking for a length of rope and a convenient hook to tie it too.
  • Options
    Francis Drake and his crews were the second lot to circumnavigate the globe.
    Folk like him and Ferdinand Magellan are for those days sort of the equivalent of the Mars helicopter people now.
    With Nige as manager we get online learning alongside the football.
    Tomorrow I am hoping for some good cooking tips. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On balance, I think my worst nightmare would be being stuck in a lift with Professor Positive.

Whereas, no doubt, you'd be "positively" orgasmic stuck in the very same lift as Albert Steptoe  - stubborn, narrow-minded, foul-mouthed and downright cynical.

One man's meat.......
  • Options
    Even he has got an extra spring in his step this morning. 
  • Options
    Hopefully how we played last night is going to be the Adkin's style - obviously not expecting 6-0's every week but we looked so fluid moving forward and the front 3 terrified their defence. It was refreshing to see after such static attacking for a lot of the season.
  • Options
    Looks a pretty scenic backdrop.....where is it?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Smeaton lighthouse in Plymouth 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Doesn't Nige sound extra happy today, happy birthday Phil by the way :)
    Might be a time to change the heading of this thread, we all know he is the manager now, and Jacko is the assistant...... maybe .."The Adkins Morning Show"
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Doesn't Nige sound extra happy today, happy birthday Phil by the way :)
    Might be a time to change the heading of this thread, we all know he is the manager now, and Jacko is the assistant...... maybe .."The Adkins Morning Show"
    I actually think that he sounds much the same as he does every day - upbeat and looking on the brighter side of life. And it is great that he acknowledges what a fantastic result we had last night but that we need to focus on the next game. We can't change what happened against Plymouth anymore than we could had we lost but we can use it as another stepping stone to the ultimate goal.

In fact, Adkins might well have written that great poem by Rudyard Kipling:

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same

You'll be promoted Charlton Athletic "   

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Ho!Ho!Ho! :)
    I don’t think it’s Lapland but after last night, Christmas has come early 
  • Options
    Looks like Southall's hitmen have got him in sight.
  • Options

When I first heard him I would agree with you. Then I started seeing it as him having a bit of a laugh. If I thought he was being serious it would freak me out a bit. Mind you, that final grin he does at the end is, most definitely, creepy.
  • Options
    The Dali Lama,. Ken Dodd, Thomas Sandgaard, Norman Vincent Beale, Nigel Adkins, Mr Motivator.

Gurus who only come around once in a lifetime.

Brilliant just Brilliant.

• Options

When I first heard him I would agree with you. Then I started seeing it as him having a bit of a laugh. If I thought he was being serious it would freak me out a bit. Mind you, that final grin he does at the end is, most definitely, creepy.
    I guess by the very nature of what I did prior to being a goat farmer, I find that because he always uses the same turn of phrase (walking is great, birds are singing, sun is shining, let’s make the most of the day etc) I can’t help thinking he’s hiding something 😳