Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Fantastic appointment and Jacko stays as well. Well done Thomas 👏
  • Fantastic! And JJ his assistant is just the best news. COYRs
  • Welcome Nigel and great news JJ  staying
  • Very happy with this outcome. Jacko will help Adkins get to know the team and Jacko will learn a lot from Adkins who has a lot of experience. Good outcome all round

Roll on Saturday. Nigel Adkins red army. 
  • Brilliant news, over the moon with that. 100% support. 
  • Be the first to admit I didn’t fancy Adkins, but I’ve seen some interesting points in favour of him since.

With the likes of JJ and other people who know and love the club around him it could well be the recipe we need.

Up the addicks and hope this is the start of something!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

ADKINS THE ADDICK

Well you can adjust the list in terms of @Redhenry now Dazzler !!!
    BIG green tick on that one.
  • Welcome Nige.

Bit of a coup this by Sandgaard I think.
    Listened to.a recent interview with Adkins and he said he had been offered quite a few jobs both here and abroad. Said he wanted to be managing on the Prem again and thought his best chance of getting there quickly was to take over at a championship club and push them on quickly. He wouldn't have been short of championship offers.
  • Fantastic! Best possible outcome. Jackson will learn a lot, and we keep the Charlton connection in the coaching team, whilst appointed a solid manager for this level.

EI EI EI O
  • With JJ as assistant, will take that
  • I think overall it's a sound appointment, the real key to if NA's a success will be the backing he receives. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
  • welcome Nigel... happy with this and trust TS
  • He wasnt a name that excited me just a couple of days ago but for some reason thats all changed now. Jacko staying and showing nige the way 😉 is pukka.

Good times ahead. COYA
  • Very happy JJ remains as assistant, will be an important person to catch up Adkins quickly with what the team does and doesn’t do well.