Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    I didn’t particularly want him to stay prior to the ACL.  Would be pleased if he doesn’t choose to sign what we’ve put on the table 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I didn’t particularly want him to stay prior to the ACL.  Would be pleased if he doesn’t choose to sign what we’ve put on the table 
    Same here.
    I hope he goes as it frees up a place in the squad for somebody who can actually play for us.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Really? Why? One of our best players last season and offers some versatility too. If he wasn’t injured I would definitely be happy with him in the squad.
  • Options
    As others have said if it wasn't for the injury he'd have been long gone, probably to also join Bowyer at Birmingham.

We've offered him a deal (naturally on reduced terms) because he won't play for 6-7 months at least, so not sure how he can moan. Did he expect a pay rise?

I think a reduced contract this year, with the offer of improved terms for the second year (the obligation siding with us, not him, so we can't get shafted) if he comes back and does well would be more than fair. 

His alternative is to be unemployed for a year as who else will sign him?
  • Options
    As others have said if it wasn't for the injury he'd have been long gone, probably to also join Bowyer at Birmingham.

We've offered him a deal (naturally on reduced terms) because he won't play for 6-7 months at least, so not sure how he can moan. Did he expect a pay rise?

I think a reduced contract this year, with the offer of improved terms for the second year (the obligation siding with us, not him, so we can't get shafted) if he comes back and does well would be more than fair. 

His alternative is to be unemployed for a year as who else will sign him?
    The reported issue apparently being that the second year terms are NOT improved. No idea if true mind you.
  • Options
    I know he scored a handful last season, but how many good attacks did he waste with wild shots? Or poor pumps upfield from defence.
  • Options
    The thing is, this is his second ACL injury at the club, so I suspect the view will be, that it’ll take time for him to get back to a level that’s good enough, and that might not be within the length of a two year deal, by which time he’s 30 and little chance of a sell on. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cabbles said:
    Really? Why? One of our best players last season and offers some versatility too. If he wasn’t injured I would definitely be happy with him in the squad.
    I see where you are coming from. 
    But
    We have no guarantee he will come back as good as he was.
    This is his second major injury. 
    Also should we win promotion this season as is the aim then I think we need better than him in the championship. 
  • Options
    The question is why hasn't he signed a contract? Is he being unreasonable or is it the club? I don't know the answer to that one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    cabbles said:
    I see where you are coming from. 
    But
    We have no guarantee he will come back as good as he was.
    This is his second major injury. 
    Also should we win promotion this season as is the aim then I think we need better than him in the championship. 
    The thing is if Jake doesn't sign the real reason will never come out, on the record, what ever the real reason is.

We are, and Jake I suppose, are lucky that Thomas can afford to pay both him and a replacement.  Not many clubs are in that position.

It will look bad on the club if they don't look after him, even if it's actually JFC's fault for not agreeing with the contract.

If you seen not to "look after him" regardless of the reasons why, you may end up in a serious problem especially with so many players outside of the championship always in their last year of their contracts. 
  • Options
    I can understand him being offered the same terms with an extra year. If he is unhappy with that, I don't think the club can be criticised. If he has been offered anything below that it can. But unless the player comes out and tells us, we won't know.
  • Options
    I can understand him being offered the same terms with an extra year. If he is unhappy with that, I don't think the club can be criticised. If he has been offered anything below that it can. But unless the player comes out and tells us, we won't know.
    Even if he has been offered a lower deal he should sign it.
    The other option is the dole. 
    No one is going to offer him a contract if he's out injured for the next four to six months. 
  • Options
    You are clearly a great motivator Blackpool :)
  • Options
    You are clearly a great motivator Blackpool :)
    I'm great at everything 😉
  • Options
    This really amuses me,just what leverage does JFC have to get a better contract than the one offered(no idea what it is).If he came back in the new year and played well,he could justifiably ask for an increase,and I am sure TS would agree to it.But these injuries are un predictable,he could miss the whole season,and we would have coughed up a years salary which could have been spent elsewhere.Tough on him,but as previously stated on here,no injury and he could have been off without a second thought for us.
  • Options
    Even if he has been offered a lower deal he should sign it.
    The other option is the dole. 
    No one is going to offer him a contract if he's out injured for the next four to six months. 
    Agreed. I like him as a player and would prefer to keep him. He can’t be expecting a pay rise (if he is) and a 1 year contract. Loyalty goes both ways. 
  • Options
    I suppose he may believe his leverage may be that he was voted player of the season (I voted for Aneke) and he got injured playing for us. The rest we don't know so we should neither attack the club or the player until we do.
  • Options
    I suppose he may believe his leverage may be that he was voted player of the season (I voted for Aneke) and he got injured playing for us. The rest we don't know so we should neither attack the club or the player until we do.
    We won't probably ever hear the truth on the record.  If he doesn't sign the club will just say "Jake has decided to leave at the end of his contract".  Unless he does an interview and the club respond it will always be rumour and innuendo.

Some people will be convinced he was too greedy, some will be convinced the club was out of order. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We won't probably ever hear the truth on the record.  If he doesn't sign the club will just say "Jake has decided to leave at the end of his contract".  Unless he does an interview and the club respond it will always be rumour and innuendo.

Some people will be convinced he was too greedy, some will be convinced the club was out of order. 
    And hopefully some will not know. My point is we haven't got the information to be convinced one way or the other and as you say, we may never have.
  • Options
    It does help to read what was said at the time of the injury.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6093eba84fe0b/jake-forster-caskey-suffers-acl-injury
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    It does help to read what was said at the time of the injury.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6093eba84fe0b/jake-forster-caskey-suffers-acl-injury
    What do you expect them to say?

"Absolutely gutted cos my agent had got me a double my money deal at Birmingham"

"Well that's fucked it we have to pay JFC, who we were going to bin off anyone, and someone else to actually play"

I honestly can't see what else either of them could have said. 
  • Options
    We can do better. Get rid!!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    BillG said:
    We can do better. Get rid!!
    God help any children you have if they get an F in a test at school!
  • Options
    Is it his or the clubs option for the additional year?
  • Options
    Nice that he's going to be doing some coaching with the youngster whilst he recovers
  • Options
    Glad it’s sorted 👍🏼