Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• I’ve no idea how much Adkins rates him, or how he wants us to play next season. 
    He was Captain on Tuesday so maybe he does.
  • Great shame for the lad, and I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. 
  • Any news update on his injury?
    Not sure if he's had a scan yet.

I'm hoping it's not a complete rupture.
  • Any news update on his injury?
    Not sure if he's had a scan yet.

I'm hoping it's not a complete rupture.
    He was interviewed by Minto at half time on Sunday and said he's aiming to be back by Dec/Jan.
  • I hope the club looks after him - I'm pretty confident something will be done.
  • cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    I can’t get on board with the opinion he’s Championship quality.  I think that’s pushing it a bit.  Had he not gotten this injury, I would’ve been surprised if he got picked up by someone in the Championship 
    "Championship quality" is a bit of a braod spectrum though.  When he played for us in the championship, and Brighton, he wasn't out of his depth.  Remember he got an assist on the opening day, was arguably MOM, out of position, at Fulham.

Would he have been in our 1st 11 last season probably not, especially when we had Gallagher.  Would he of added to the teams we played at Swansea, Derby and Huddersfield, to name 3 that stuck out, almost certainly.

Would I sign him to be my main man in a championship midfield?  No. Would I take him on free to be my 5th or 6th center mid?  I would strongly consider it.

Lots of people on here didn't rate Williams but he got a move to the championship. As a squad player.

If he hadn't got injured, and didn't sign a new contract, I strongly suspect he would have endes up at either a pompy or Ipswich as a 1st team player or a millwall or Luton as a squad one. 
    He was very good at Fulham, put a great ball over for the knock back for Gallagher’s opener.  Having said that, if he was fit I wouldn’t have put him in ahead of Bielik, Cullen or Aribo during our promotion season from League One.  I’ve just never rated him that highly.  I can see why a lot of our fans like him, I’ve just always thought he was a limited player and has shone this season because it’s been pretty poor.  

In terms of a new contract, I am sure he would’ve been offered one given his run of games.  I don’t think the injury is as bad as it was last time, so as Manilow mentioned, he may well be able to get a lot of the rehab done in the off season and potentially still be here next season 
    No one, as far as I can see, is.  The point is Lapslie, Reeves, Marshall, Morgan and Pratley played about 80 games between them.   We would have been better if JFC has played half of them.  That doesn't even include the games you could have played Aribo at 10, or Beilek as a center back and then slotted JFC into midfield.

He has shone this season and we will finish 6th-8th, he shined in 17/18 (3rd in POTY)  we finished 6th.

JFC gets a "bad press" because he isn't Josh Cullen. 
    He definitely doesn’t get a ‘bad press’.  He has been lauded on here by a lot of people, and highly praised on Valley Pass.  

It would’ve been interesting to see how he fitted in to that midfield of 2 seasons ago.  You make a good point.  I think he’ll still be here next season, as I feel Nigel likes him, his teammates like him and he’s a good pro.  Depending on the extent of the injury, I imagine he’ll be a regular.  Personally, if he’s a regular, I just don’t see us going up.  If we’re in a position of having him and Gilbey as the mainstays of the midfield, which I think they will be, then I’m not hopeful 
    I can’t see why we won’t bring in a new CM, I think two new CMs is more likely than none. JFC is out for a while either way and we clearly need an upgrade on Pratson-Watley.
  • Question: If the club offered JFC a contract and he didn't sign it straight away, is this a liberty? 
  • Razor1890 said:
    Question: If the club offered JFC a contract and he didn't sign it straight away, is this a liberty? 
    Yes, he should be paraded through South London and stoned. 
  • Looked like he was doing rehab away from the club today on insta. Unsure if it’s a bit of extra work but strange, I’d expect the club to announce an update on his sitch soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We don't seem to be getting many updates from the club at the moment.
  • JFC is not a happy bunny.
  • edited June 2021
    masicat said:
    JFC is not a happy bunny.
    ???

Has Nige deleted his deliveroo app?
  • se9addick said:
    Hopefully we aren’t getting turned down by a footballer with one leg, that would be a low 
    Depends what we're offering.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Hopefully we aren’t getting turned down by a footballer with one leg, that would be a low 
    Employment, more than he’ll get elsewhere! 
  • se9addick said:
    There is a chance we are.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Not a lot by the sounds of it. 
  • It does all seem a bit weird to say the least. I would hope that as he got injured playing for us we would have offered him atleast another year on the same terms as he was on. If so no idea why he hasnt signed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Maybe the club know he was hawking himself round the Championship before he did his ACL
    Exactly. Spent most of his time at Charlton injured; played well in the last year of his contract, hawks himself on a free having collected our wages.  We offer him a deal on wages commensurate to his worth to us next season (low), he can't really be that upset.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Not a lot by the sounds of it. 
    If it's a 1 year contract, we don't believe he's going to play much in that contract on top of a lack of confidence he can do it at the level above, I kind of get it.
  • Don’t understand the “we should offer him a contract because he got injured while playing for us” perspective. You would have thought that after getting treated like a door mat repeatedly in recent years our support more than most would have realised that there is no loyalty between players and club in football.

We should let him use our facilities to rehabilitate himself and only offer him a contract if we think he will actually contribute something on the pitch this season that we can’t get elsewhere. 
  • Swisdom said:
    He won’t be kicking a ball till 2022, and given his injury record you wonder what chances there are of having a sustained injury free spell in the years ahead.

Im assuming we’ve offered a contract out of duty of care and doesn’t leave us shafted just a few months after his hopeful return. If we have and he doesn’t want it then that’s entirely down to him. I would have no interest in being messed about by him and his agent though 
    Exactly.  If he hadn’t got injured he would have been off in a flash and not spared a thought for us.  Suddenly the injury comes along and his first statement was along the lines of “I expect the club to stay loyal to me”.

it’s not a nice scenario but it cuts both ways
    Yep, he would have been on the way to Birmingham or Luton but for the injury 
  • edited June 2021
    JFC wouldn’t have shown us loyalty if he didn’t do his ACL, that’s a fact! Club does have a duty of care but ultimately if he doesn’t want to sign then that’s JFC and his agents prerogative. No club will sign him until he’s fit which will be next year. 
  • AndyG said:
    It does all seem a bit weird to say the least. I would hope that as he got injured playing for us we would have offered him atleast another year on the same terms as he was on. If so no idea why he hasnt signed it
    I think he would be happy with a year so he can get fit and bugger off. Apparently the deal is for two years and he is not happy.
  • Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    It does all seem a bit weird to say the least. I would hope that as he got injured playing for us we would have offered him atleast another year on the same terms as he was on. If so no idea why he hasnt signed it
    I think he would be happy with a year so he can get fit and bugger off. Apparently the deal is for two years and he is not happy.
    It's the non negotiable value of the second year that's the issue. I believe.

Which I can kind of understand.  If he comes back in January and performs to the level he has this season I suppose he feels he should be able to have a contract for 22/23 that's similar to the one he would have been able to get now, if he wasn't injured. 
  • Surely the club can come to an amicable arrangement, whatever that is in this situation?