Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• A fit, sharp, confident JFC is upper League 1 to lower championship quality and he could still improve. The issue with him has always been injuries and that he seems to take a lot of games to really get up to 100%. In the past after injury you’ve felt he’s just getting back to form then got badly injured again. I feared it had happened a few weeks back but thankfully he wasn’t out for too long. Definitely worth a new contract, even if by some miracle we get promoted, but we need to bring in players who are at least as good, if not better, for him to compete and rotate with.

I honestly don't mind if Pratley is here next season either, but he needs to have at least two younger, faster, more technically adept players in front of him in the pecking order for that holding midfield role.

I think you could say that about the whole squad.  Our "best players" list is only 2 or 3 long.  Then you have got about 20 players that are all, as good as, the same standard. 

We would actually be better of if we have 5 better and 5 worse players than 10 of what we have got.  Assuming the better ones weren't permanently injured. 
  • edited May 2021
    Well they have got to give him another year now.  Absolutely gutted for the lad. 
  • edited May 2021

The club can confirm that Jake Forster-Caskey suffered an ACL injury during Tuesday’s game against Lincoln City.

As a result the 27-year-old midfielder will miss the remainder of the 2020/21 season.

Charlton Manager Nigel Adkins said: “Jake has had a fantastic season and has been a really important part of our team. He has begun rehabilitation and will be provided with excellent medical care and attention throughout his recovery.”

Forster-Caskey said: "It’s a tough blow to take. But a bump in the road does not end the journey. My focus now is to get back and be more influential than ever. The support of the fans means everything."

Is that the same injury as last time?
  • OH PISS OFF!!!!!
  • edited May 2021

The club can confirm that Jake Forster-Caskey suffered an ACL injury during Tuesday’s game against Lincoln City.

As a result the 27-year-old midfielder will miss the remainder of the 2020/21 season.

Charlton Manager Nigel Adkins said: “Jake has had a fantastic season and has been a really important part of our team. He has begun rehabilitation and will be provided with excellent medical care and attention throughout his recovery.”

Forster-Caskey said: "It’s a tough blow to take. But a bump in the road does not end the journey. My focus now is to get back and be more influential than ever. The support of the fans means everything."

Is that the same injury as last time?
    Yeah it is... I'd be curious if its the same knee or not
  • he'll be missed on Sunday .. I hope that he makes a full recovery from a VERY nasty injury which is all too common nowadays
  • Gutted for him must be infuriating, just as he was getting back to his best.
  • Gutted for him, especially because I think he got it as a result of a hospital pass, I think from Famewo, who's usually tidy with the ball.
  • If you shop in the "knock down" crock aisle i suppose...

Very sad news for the lad.

Hope we start signing players from the "best of" range in Waitrose this summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow that's gutting, especially so as he has recovered so well from his first ACL and been virtually ever present this year. Really feel for him.
  • Absolutely cruel luck.
    Had a great season after climbing back from a similar injury before.
    Chin up Jake.
  • What a shame, he'll be back though and should really pick up this season's POTY with ease.

I guess that's why Taylor used the pandemic to get out pf playing out his contract... wonder what happens with Jake now, either way it's pretty gutting but hope to see him back in a Charlton shirt.
  • Nit clear to me that he’s completed ruptured his ACL as last time or if it’s a tear (I think you can do that with ACL as well as other ligaments). 

• I imagine he won't get a new contract with us if injured as back to back ACLs is bit of a risk, but we may take it.
  • edited May 2021
    Usually the injury prone players get constant little injuries and never get a settled run of matches. 1 game here, 3/4 here. 

Very unlucky to have two huge injuries. Very similar to Bielik who cost £10m and has had two huge injuries in last 18 months.

Will probably affect Adkins pre season preparations. Personally, I thought he was going to get a championship club so wasn’t expecting him to be here next season.
  • What a bloody shame, he has been excellent since he came back from his first injury. I hope he can get back in time for next season, he is undoubtedly a very good player.
  • edited May 2021
    I imagine he won't get a new contract with us if injured as back to back ACLs is bit of a risk, but we may take it.
    I hope he does get one year at the very least

We'll have a duty of care to help him out so if he doesnt get a renewal he'll be allowed to continue his recovery and rebah here at Sparrows Lane - If he is out of contract though he's not going to get paid.

If he does then get back to fitness and receives offers from both us and other clubs you couldnt blame him if he walked away from us - Its alright being given all the care and support but at the same time we wont have protected him financially when it mattered
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful news for JFC. In a season where so many have underperformed in our midfield he has been by far the most consistent and seemed to be going from strength to strength. Hoping the injury isnt too severe and he can recover quickly. From a contract perspective it's terrible timing for him though.
  • edited May 2021
    Absolutely wretched luck for Jake. As @Alwaysneil says, let's hope it's a tear rather than a rupture and not at the severe end of the spectrum
  • Absolutely gutted for him, been great this year.
  • I imagine he won't get a new contract with us if injured as back to back ACLs is bit of a risk, but we may take it.

We'll have a duty of care to help him out so if he doesnt get a renewal he'll be allowed to continue his recovery and rebah here at Sparrows Lane - If he is out of contract though he's not going to get paid.

If he does then get back to fitness and receives offers from both us and other clubs you couldnt blame him if he walked away from us - Its alright being given all the care and support but at the same time we wont have protected him financially when it mattered
    I’d imagine there’s some sort of insurance. Surely the club & player would have this in case of injury.
  • kodfish said:
    I imagine he won't get a new contract with us if injured as back to back ACLs is bit of a risk, but we may take it.

I’d imagine there’s some sort of insurance. Surely the club & player would have this in case of injury.

Dread to think what our insurance premiums are like given the amount of claims we must have been making the last few years!

Gutted for JFC. He's a solid league 1 performer and has done well to come back this year after such a long layoff. Hopefully this one won't be as long.
  • Players would have to pay for their own insurance.  Don't think it's standard in a contract for it to be included.  Plus as he's had an ACL before it might be very expensive for decent cover.

I hope the club offer him a 1 year contract, with 1 year option. Hopefully it's only a sprain not a tear, and he can get back pre-season.