Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    I think there's a good case for us trying to keep him. In 2011 we rebuilt almost the whole squad, but we had JJ and Solly to build around, with long term experience of the club. 
  • Options
    Been playing really well (especially once he stopped touching his poxy hair every 5 seconds) I always like my captains to have a bit of personality, so it’s a no from me 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Credit where credit's due, he's been our best player recently. However, I hope we can get an upgrade on him in the summer, he frustrates more often than not and his set pieces are hit and miss. A good back-up, but if we're serious about challenging for promotion next season we shouldn't be building a team around him.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Think JFC deserves a new contract if he wants one. Wouldn't say that about a lot of players.

I do hope we are looking for a Fraser or a Whiteman to start in the middle next year. Someone who can dictate the game.
  • Options
    Credit where credit's due, he's been our best player recently. However, I hope we can get an upgrade on him in the summer, he frustrates more often than not and his set pieces are hit and miss. A good back-up, but if we're serious about challenging for promotion next season we shouldn't be building a team around him.
    Agree.  Don’t get me wrong he’s had some good performances of late, but for me he shines in what is a poor team.  I really am hoping for players of the quality of Bielik, Cullen and Aribo back in our midfield next season.  At best I think he’s a good squad player to add support.  At worst I worry we’re going to have him as some sort of mainstay/focal point in our midfield and I just don’t think that’s the direction we should be going in 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Think JFC deserves a new contract if he wants one. Wouldn't say that about a lot of players.

I do hope we are looking for a Fraser or a Whiteman to start in the middle next year. Someone who can dictate the game.
    Whiteman joined Preston in January.
  • Options
    I truely believge JFC will not be with us next season, much like Chuks.

Chuks becaue he is injury prone. He is a striker and his stats are amazing, somebody will pay more to gamble on him than we will pay knowing he can break down at any second.

The same is true for JFC, he is good and we know him to be injury prone. Added to the fact he has the same agent as Phillips and Doughty, he will be gone in the summer, to someone offering more money.
  • Options
    I truely believge JFC will not be with us next season, much like Chuks.

Chuks becaue he is injury prone. He is a striker and his stats are amazing, somebody will pay more to gamble on him than we will pay knowing he can break down at any second.

The same is true for JFC, he is good and we know him to be injury prone. Added to the fact he has the same agent as Phillips and Doughty, he will be gone in the summer, to someone offering more money.
    Is JFC injury prone or did he have one really serious injury?

Missing 2 or 3 games every 3 or 4 months is quite normal isn't it? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Whiteman joined Preston in January.
    Yeah, not necessarily those players, but someone of that ilk
  • Options
    A definite yes on re-signing him for me.

We need some stability in the team, and if Bowyer stays for the rebuild he is undoubtedly a Bowyer type player who will graft for the team, he's also currently our only box-to-box type midfielder and been one of our most consistent, best performers. He's 5th overall in the statbank for the season behind Chuks, Inniss, Famewo, and Stockley. AND as someone already said, he stuck around and signed on for an extra year when we were still a total basket-case club with ESI 2.0, weeks/months away from administration, out of loyalty for the club that helped him recover from injury.

Just put in the contract that he has to have a haircut if he wants to stay.
  • Options

We need some stability in the team, and if Bowyer stays for the rebuild he is undoubtedly a Bowyer type player who will graft for the team, he's also currently our only box-to-box type midfielder and been one of our most consistent, best performers. He's 5th overall in the statbank for the season behind Chuks, Inniss, Famewo, and Stockley. AND as someone already said, he stuck around and signed on for an extra year when we were still a total basket-case club with ESI 2.0, weeks/months away from administration, out of loyalty for the club that helped him recover from injury.

I’m pretty sure he stuck around because there were no offers that suited him and he would be on a contract that wouldn’t have had to dip cos of the salary cap 
  • Options

I’m pretty sure he stuck around because there were no offers that suited him and he would be on a contract that wouldn’t have had to dip cos of the salary cap 
    Also plausible but I prefer my version lol
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Agree.  Don’t get me wrong he’s had some good performances of late, but for me he shines in what is a poor team.  I really am hoping for players of the quality of Bielik, Cullen and Aribo back in our midfield next season.  At best I think he’s a good squad player to add support.  At worst I worry we’re going to have him as some sort of mainstay/focal point in our midfield and I just don’t think that’s the direction we should be going in 
    There's a flip side to this though. Place bielik or Cullen in this team and I'm not sure they shine more than JFC. Similarly put Jake in a good team and you could well see a Cullen shine through. Agree on the set pieces being hit and miss, but recall a certain Mark Kinsella who you could say the same about, with similar styles. Now, not saying JFC is as good as Kinsella, but to build a team for promotion from here and into the Championship I think there are 10 other positions to solve before replacing him (maybe 9 if Inniss gets fit again).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the outside as I certainly am, it's so difficult to know really how the squad is going to look next season, but assuming we are looking at squad improvement I'd offer JFC a sensible 2yr deal, but let him talk to other clubs if he ended up surplus to requirements. 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    cabbles said:
    There's a flip side to this though. Place bielik or Cullen in this team and I'm not sure they shine more than JFC. Similarly put Jake in a good team and you could well see a Cullen shine through. Agree on the set pieces being hit and miss, but recall a certain Mark Kinsella who you could say the same about, with similar styles. Now, not saying JFC is as good as Kinsella, but to build a team for promotion from here and into the Championship I think there are 10 other positions to solve before replacing him (maybe 9 if Inniss gets fit again).
    I totally agree with your first point, I think it's spot on. 

But I also think that you added 3 really good players (a center back, a center mid and a striker) to our current squad everyone else would look better. 

I don't think any of our players aren't good enough to play in a top 2 league 1 team.  What we haven't got are the 3 or 4 to make us that.  JFC sums this up to me, he is worth a place in the team but when he is one of your best players you have a problem. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jonniesta said:
    cabbles said:
    I totally agree with your first point, I think it's spot on. 

But I also think that you added 3 really good players (a center back, a center mid and a striker) to our current squad everyone else would look better. 

I don't think any of our players aren't good enough to play in a top 2 league 1 team.  What we haven't got are the 3 or 4 to make us that.  JFC sums this up to me, he is worth a place in the team but when he is one of your best players you have a problem. 

Yes, your last point is sadly accurate! 
  • Options
    My last post got lost becasue i mentioned injury's.

I don't really think this will be a case of the club not wanting JFC next season, I think it will this agent wanting to move him on after a decent season (arguably doing his job and getting a decent pay rise like Phillips and Doughty).

But we will know when having to offer him more money he has played 2 seasons out of 4 and a half with us.
  • Options
    Whilst he has been playing well, he’s a player I’ve simply never been able to get excited about. He’s been with us about 4 years or so now, and never really stood out until recently. And even then I think the reviews of his performances have been inflated a fair bit.

Obviously it depends who’s available in the summer but I personally am not fussed either way with JFC
  • Options
    I would keep for next season, when he and Albie were in central midfield away at Bristol Rovers they ran the show far better than all  that has played there this season.
    I think JFC is far more likely to be here next season than Albie 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I suspect JFC's future beyond summer depends on how the season finishes. Another League One campaign and he might well get another year, if we do luck our way through the play offs I suspect it will be thanks, but goodbye.

I suppose it will also depend on how ambitious Sandgaard/Bowyer are feeling too.
    So you're saying we'd be too good for him if we got into the second division?
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    cabbles said:
    Yes, you’re right about filling other positions ahead of him.  I’ve just got this nagging feeling we’re still going to have both JFC and Pratley on the books next season.  Can’t quite seem to shake it :-( 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    A fit, sharp, confident JFC is upper League 1 to lower championship quality and he could still improve. The issue with him has always been injuries and that he seems to take a lot of games to really get up to 100%. In the past after injury you’ve felt he’s just getting back to form then got badly injured again. I feared it had happened a few weeks back but thankfully he wasn’t out for too long. Definitely worth a new contract, even if by some miracle we get promoted, but we need to bring in players who are at least as good, if not better, for him to compete and rotate with.

I honestly don't mind if Pratley is here next season either, but he needs to have at least two younger, faster, more technically adept players in front of him in the pecking order for that holding midfield role.