Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    Would start him and Millar tomorrow and go for it. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I want Jaiyesimi in, but if creative players do anything wrong, they're straight out... So I don't want that... Which leaves me confused. 
    That's a manager problem, not a player one.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Bowyer was talking about last weeks game. Don't know why Rich Cawley has put it up now.......deflection perhaps  ?

A player who Swindon fans were raving about & who scored 4 in 18 can't get a start with us & didn't feature at all yesterday, when everyone knows we are weak upfront & looking for someone to ignite the spark.

Draw your own conclusions. Mine is that he is a "project" (like Bonne) and really only brought him in to help Swindon out. 
    Sorry, don’t agree. I think Bowyer’s time is up. DJ was a demon at Swindon. A true fan favourite. He also ripped us apart, looking dangerous big time. Suddenly, he needs developing and, therefore, is a ‘project’? Sorry, no. We want whipped balls into the box for out target men and yet he can’t even make the squad. I’m losing patience with Bowyer now. As someone else said, he doesn’t seem able to get the best out of anyone any more. 

Our squad should be ripping up this league and yet we are cannon fodder for the likes of Fleetwood who had 21 shots yesterday. Not good enough. Fed up with this waste of talent and missed opportunity this season. How much more will the ambitious Sandgaard tolerate?
    On what basis - other than our own delusion - should we be ripping up this league?

Man for man we’re weaker than - as one poster framed it - our squad that ‘scraped through the playoffs’.

I think we should be doing far better than we are - but the anti-Bowyer rhetoric does become eye rolling at times. 
    A squad that 'scrapped through playoffs' but are on the whole all playing at a higher level then where we are now.

Considering the talent of that squad, maybe they shouldn't have 'scrapped through the playoffs' in the first place. 
     Josh Parker - the scorer of the grand total of... 0 goals?
    He'll bang in a hattrick* tomorrow... Just you watch. 

Interesting how people forgot that Vetokele also came back into some form in that season. 5 Goals and 5 Assists in 25 games after so many injury issues, was for me not to be sniffed at. 

*Hattrick may consist of a single set of or a mixture of goals, assists and oh so close moments, either way he'll be a thorn in our side, just like he was for those that played against us when he was in our side.
    The be hauled off for jumping out of a tackle from his own player, and then won’t be seen for 3 weeks.
  • Options
    If DJ doesn’t start tomorrow then we might as well give up. How much worse can we possibly get from last Saturday ? Bowyer could pick me at centre forward and we wouldn’t look any worse than that.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Bowyer was talking about last weeks game. Don't know why Rich Cawley has put it up now.......deflection perhaps  ?

A player who Swindon fans were raving about & who scored 4 in 18 can't get a start with us & didn't feature at all yesterday, when everyone knows we are weak upfront & looking for someone to ignite the spark.

Draw your own conclusions. Mine is that he is a "project" (like Bonne) and really only brought him in to help Swindon out. 
    Sorry, don’t agree. I think Bowyer’s time is up. DJ was a demon at Swindon. A true fan favourite. He also ripped us apart, looking dangerous big time. Suddenly, he needs developing and, therefore, is a ‘project’? Sorry, no. We want whipped balls into the box for out target men and yet he can’t even make the squad. I’m losing patience with Bowyer now. As someone else said, he doesn’t seem able to get the best out of anyone any more. 

Our squad should be ripping up this league and yet we are cannon fodder for the likes of Fleetwood who had 21 shots yesterday. Not good enough. Fed up with this waste of talent and missed opportunity this season. How much more will the ambitious Sandgaard tolerate?
    On what basis - other than our own delusion - should we be ripping up this league?

Man for man we’re weaker than - as one poster framed it - our squad that ‘scraped through the playoffs’.

I think we should be doing far better than we are - but the anti-Bowyer rhetoric does become eye rolling at times. 
    A squad that 'scrapped through playoffs' but are on the whole all playing at a higher level then where we are now.

Considering the talent of that squad, maybe they shouldn't have 'scrapped through the playoffs' in the first place. 
     Josh Parker - the scorer of the grand total of... 0 goals?
    He'll bang in a hattrick* tomorrow... Just you watch. 

Interesting how people forgot that Vetokele also came back into some form in that season. 5 Goals and 5 Assists in 25 games after so many injury issues, was for me not to be sniffed at. 

*Hattrick may consist of a single set of or a mixture of goals, assists and oh so close moments, either way he'll be a thorn in our side, just like he was for those that played against us when he was in our side.
    The be hauled off for jumping out of a tackle from his own player, and then won’t be seen for 3 weeks.
    Impressive so Burton are quite like us? I was referring to Parker btw 😉
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think that could happen - but as the centre back pairing. 
    Why do you think that? 
  • Options
    It looks to me Soundas that you've totally misunderstood Maccn05, he's supporting Bowyer.
    That's how I read Maccno5's post too.

He made a point of supporting Bowyer .... but was saying he thought it inevitable that the negativity and fan pressure being drummed up would culminate in Bowyer leaving, one way or another. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    It looks to me Soundas that you've totally misunderstood Maccn05, he's supporting Bowyer.
    That's how I read Maccno5's post too.

He made a point of supporting Bowyer .... but was saying he thought it inevitable that the negativity and fan pressure being drummed up would culminate in Bowyer leaving, one way or another. 

“He’s not going to make it until the end of the season- which is what I want.”
    What does that mean then?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    he wants him to make it to the end of the season 
    Mmmm......you could equally read it that he doesn’t want him to stay.....which is how I read it.🤔
  • Options
    Maccn05 also said, "Isn’t this a thread about DJ???
    Came to have a look and it’s more Bowyer bashing".
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    MarcusH26 said:
    I’d like this, plus a 6 man midfield all made up of defensively minded central midfields that aren’t comfortable passing forwards 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Mmmm......you could equally read it that he doesn’t want him to stay.....which is how I read it.🤔
    Digging a hole!
  • Options
    Erm just to clarify @SoundAsa£ I’m 100% behind Bows and agree with the points you raised.

As others said said my big worry is that if results and performances don’t improve Thomas may react to all the noise on socials and let Bows go.Which is the last thing I want.

When you add all of these factors together you could see why he could. As much as I want it to I’m not sure I see an upturn coming and the noise will continue to grow... that’s why I suggest that it feels inevitable.

here’s hoping for 6pts these week and the pressuring dissipating.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Digging a hole!
    I am too old and long in the tooth to be caught out doing that mate!
  • Options
    Bowyer could pick me at centre forward and we wouldn’t look any worse than that.
    I have no idea if you are any good SHG but if you are, Bowyer would find your best position and play you somewhere else.
    In Bowyer we trust
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why do you think that? 
    It’s just a hunch. I’ve got this idea in my head that Bowyer might start doing something different to break it all up a bit. I honestly think playing players out of position could be an option. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why do you think that? 
    It’s just a hunch. I’ve got this idea in my head that Bowyer might start doing something different to break it all up a bit. I honestly think playing players out of position could be an option. 
    He might start doing some tactics sessions?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Why do you think that? 
    He might start doing some tactics sessions?
    I think one step at a time.  Let’s try and grind out a draw or even a narrow defeat tonight and think about tactics in a few weeks once the dust has settled. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any insight into why Jaiyesimi isn’t getting starts? I thought he was an exciting, creative player and we had brought him in for just that reason. Given that he’s one of the few players that will be here beyond the summer wouldn’t it make sense to make him feel like a priority?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Does anyone have any insight into why Jaiyesimi isn’t getting starts? I thought he was an exciting, creative player and we had brought him in for just that reason. Given that he’s one of the few players that will be here beyond the summer wouldn’t it make sense to make him feel like a priority?
    Because Bowyer doesnt like exciting, creative players. He got rid of Fosu who is now playing for a team that in the last 2 seasons have been a solid top 6 Championship side.

I'm pretty certain Bowyer didn't go to Gallen on transfer deadline day & say "I like the look at that kid at Swindon that tore us apart last month - can you try to buy him". More likely Swindon were pimping him around as they were in dire financial straits & needed cash asap. No one outside the Premier League were doing cash deals on deadline day, esp not in League 1. I expect Gallen saw DJ as a "project" and like Bonne thought that we might be able to turn a decent profit in a year or 2. We just so happened to have some cash due to TS & Swindon knew it. 

DJ is not a Bowyer player. 
  • Options
    We seem to have sucked the life out of him. He's offered nothing in the limited time he's played. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!