Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Dunno if there is a position he hasn’t played, but if there is, Bowyer will find it 
    He's the new John Hewie.
  • I don't understand why he wasn't option A. 

Unless we were hoping to sign 2 players. Wanting Morris ahead of this guy is a bit baffling. 
    Can someone tell me who the Morris was we were supposedly after, please?
  • I don't understand why he wasn't option A. 

Unless we were hoping to sign 2 players. Wanting Morris ahead of this guy is a bit baffling. 
    Was the issue that stopped us signing Morris minor?

• edited February 2021
    I don't understand why he wasn't option A. 

Josh Morris, the one that hasn't done *that* well at Fleetwood this season. 3 assists, no goals. Didn't get off the bench vs us.  
  • "He’ll improve" 

Just missing "get minutes into him" on my bingo card :wink:
  • Worth persevering with - i don't think bowyer knows how to get the best out of any of our squad so I wouldn't judge him harshly
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:
    Bowyer was talking about last weeks game. Don't know why Rich Cawley has put it up now.......deflection perhaps  ?

A player who Swindon fans were raving about & who scored 4 in 18 can't get a start with us & didn't feature at all yesterday, when everyone knows we are weak upfront & looking for someone to ignite the spark.

Draw your own conclusions. Mine is that he is a "project" (like Bonne) and really only brought him in to help Swindon out. 
    Sorry, don’t agree. I think Bowyer’s time is up. DJ was a demon at Swindon. A true fan favourite. He also ripped us apart, looking dangerous big time. Suddenly, he needs developing and, therefore, is a ‘project’? Sorry, no. We want whipped balls into the box for out target men and yet he can’t even make the squad. I’m losing patience with Bowyer now. As someone else said, he doesn’t seem able to get the best out of anyone any more. 

Our squad should be ripping up this league and yet we are cannon fodder for the likes of Fleetwood who had 21 shots yesterday. Not good enough. Fed up with this waste of talent and missed opportunity this season. How much more will the ambitious Sandgaard tolerate?
    On what basis - other than our own delusion - should we be ripping up this league?

Man for man we’re weaker than - as one poster framed it - our squad that ‘scraped through the playoffs’.

I think we should be doing far better than we are - but the anti-Bowyer rhetoric does become eye rolling at times. 
    A squad that 'scrapped through playoffs' but are on the whole all playing at a higher level then where we are now.

Considering the talent of that squad, maybe they shouldn't have 'scrapped through the playoffs' in the first place. 
    Do people forget who owned the club at the time and the rumours that RD didn’t want to get promoted because of higher operational costs?

Or that Karlan Grant was sold mid way through the season and replaced with Josh Parker - the scorer of the grand total of... 0 goals? I don’t remember at the time people blaming Bowyer for him.

I’d hate to have a memory as short as some on here.
    Whether he wanted to get promoted or not it would have zero at effect on how the squad performed.
  • meldrew66 said:
    Bowyer was talking about last weeks game. Don't know why Rich Cawley has put it up now.......deflection perhaps  ?

A player who Swindon fans were raving about & who scored 4 in 18 can't get a start with us & didn't feature at all yesterday, when everyone knows we are weak upfront & looking for someone to ignite the spark.

Draw your own conclusions. Mine is that he is a "project" (like Bonne) and really only brought him in to help Swindon out. 
    Sorry, don’t agree. I think Bowyer’s time is up. DJ was a demon at Swindon. A true fan favourite. He also ripped us apart, looking dangerous big time. Suddenly, he needs developing and, therefore, is a ‘project’? Sorry, no. We want whipped balls into the box for out target men and yet he can’t even make the squad. I’m losing patience with Bowyer now. As someone else said, he doesn’t seem able to get the best out of anyone any more. 

Our squad should be ripping up this league and yet we are cannon fodder for the likes of Fleetwood who had 21 shots yesterday. Not good enough. Fed up with this waste of talent and missed opportunity this season. How much more will the ambitious Sandgaard tolerate?
    On what basis - other than our own delusion - should we be ripping up this league?

Man for man we’re weaker than - as one poster framed it - our squad that ‘scraped through the playoffs’.

I think we should be doing far better than we are - but the anti-Bowyer rhetoric does become eye rolling at times. 
    A squad that 'scrapped through playoffs' but are on the whole all playing at a higher level then where we are now.

Considering the talent of that squad, maybe they shouldn't have 'scrapped through the playoffs' in the first place. 
    They didn’t only scrape through the play-offs, we were 3 points off 2nd place. May well have got there has we been able to sign players like Cullen and Bielik a few weeks earlier. Instead we started the season without a full bench.

Once you’re in the play-offs the majority of games are always going to be close, whether you made 6th on goal difference or just missed out on automatic promotion.
  • Scoham said:
    meldrew66 said:

They didn’t only scrape through the play-offs, we were 3 points off 2nd place. May well have got there has we been able to sign players like Cullen and Bielik a few weeks earlier. Instead we started the season without a full bench.

Once you’re in the play-offs the majority of games are always going to be close, whether you made 6th on goal difference or just missed out on automatic promotion.
    I use the point, as many people who are 'Team Bowyer' make out that in that season he made a bunch of misfits play way above their level during the toughest league one campaign ever.

When in truth the players we signed that year, considering many play at a higher level now, performed to the level they exactly should have done.

Bowyer should still 100% take credit for getting us promoted that season. But to make out like he did it in some against all odds scenario as some do, is disingenuous. 
  • edited February 2021
    meldrew66 said:

Josh Parker - the scorer of the grand total of... 0 goals?
    He'll bang in a hattrick* tomorrow... Just you watch. 

Interesting how people forgot that Vetokele also came back into some form in that season. 5 Goals and 5 Assists in 25 games after so many injury issues, was for me not to be sniffed at. 

*Hattrick may consist of a single set of or a mixture of goals, assists and oh so close moments, either way he'll be a thorn in our side, just like he was for those that played against us when he was in our side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maccn05 said:
    Isn’t this a thread about DJ???

Came to have a look and it’s more Bowyer bashing 
    It's Bowyer bashing on every thread now. No escape.

I'm looking forward to see DJ playing ...... but to get the best out of him, he's going to need some licence to show us what he can do.
    And that's down to the manager to set up the team to let DJ do his stuff.

Come on, Bowyer .... time for a re-boot.

• Yes, it's not as if DJ is stepping up a division and needs to get used to playing  against better players before he can be unleashed properly. 

That would have been like Swansea taking Gallagher from us last season, and only giving him token cameos from the bench
  • I want Jaiyesimi in, but if creative players do anything wrong, they're straight out... So I don't want that... Which leaves me confused. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Agreed play him wide and let him attack his full back.

I'm close to giving this place swerve until Bows inevitably goes it's becoming very negative the same people on every thread pushing the same narrative down everyone's throats. I was trying to read the less performance related threads like this and now it taken over here too LOL
    Inevitably.....WTF you on about pal!

• Maccn05 said:
    Agreed play him wide and let him attack his full back.

I'm close to giving this place swerve until Bows inevitably goes it's becoming very negative the same people on every thread pushing the same narrative down everyone's throats. I was trying to read the less performance related threads like this and now it taken over here too LOL
    Inevitably.....WTF you on about pal!

I’m not sure why that deserved a WTF?

I’m a big Bowyer fan and want him to stay but fan pressure, results, player effort, rumours and his own demeanour suggests he’s not going to make it the end of the season - which is what I want.

that’s why I say inevitably because all of the above make it feel inevitable.
  • Would be surprised if he doesn’t get significant minutes tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!