Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    Ipswich 2-3 Swindon | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

A really powerful finish at the start of this clip
    I watched this game as it was the day after our Friday night game on Sky and had the 24-hour Now TV pass. He was the standout player on the pitch. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Tommy Wright in the pre match presser for Swindon 

"The thing is he had a clause in his contract if a certain amount of money was met he could leave and that clause was met. We didn't want to lose him. We got DJ on a free and he is gone too soon. The clause in the contract was for a substantial amount so the club has covered themselves financially. He's gone and we wish him all the best."
    Seems we have done to Swindon what other clubs do to us. My guess is his agent knew we were desperate for a decent wide player and told us what we had to do to get him.
  • Options
    Fortch is the agent??!!
    Revealing.
    I don't think I have attended any Charlton game at any level in the past decade when Mr Fortune wasn't there.

• Options
    Smudge,
    You have just gained two super little footballers.
    Things are imploding at Swindon.
    Arsenal loanie Matt Smith recalled as they were not happy and hours later he is at the Valley.
    Forward who we call D.J  our best player gone to the valley for an undisclosed fee.
    Owner pocketing monies before a High Court battle on who actually owns STFC.
    Expect Power to walk away and manager Sheridan who is reviled.
    Swindon could be in administration soon, possibly, like Bury, folding for good.

The above was sent to me from a Twitter friend.
    I never asked him his thoughts, he just decided to tell me.
    I replied telling him that this actually didn’t sit well with me given all we as a club have been through.
    And I offered the supporters our help if they need it.
    I understand your sentiment, but if the fella had a release clause it could have been anybody that bought him. We just happened to be the ones
  • Options
    Can't wait to see him at left back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signing this this fella just goes to show one thing ... we need to improve our scouting network. South London boy and he ends up at Norwich! Missed that one. And the there’s the lad now at Palace, Eze. Lived in Woolwich and ends up at QPR via Arsenal, Fulham, Reading and Millwall. 
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing his name constantly spelled Darjeeling.

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Tommy Wright in the pre match presser for Swindon 

"The thing is he had a clause in his contract if a certain amount of money was met he could leave and that clause was met. We didn't want to lose him. We got DJ on a free and he is gone too soon. The clause in the contract was for a substantial amount so the club has covered themselves financially. He's gone and we wish him all the best."
    That release clause clearly made things a lot easier for us

Unless another club came in for him, and realistically that would rule out most L1 sides and indeed many smaller Championship sides due to the financial situation, we could explore other options knowing that if we wanted to go back, Swindon couldn't stop him leaving

Him coming from South London probably helped as well
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    _MrDick said:
    Signing this this fella just goes to show one thing ... we need to improve our scouting network. South London boy and he ends up at Norwich! Missed that one. And the there’s the lad now at Palace, Eze. Lived in Woolwich and ends up at QPR via Arsenal, Fulham, Reading and Millwall. 
    I completely agree with what your saying we have been a joke of a club for years with a really crap plan (not having a pop at Steve Avory / Steve Gallen) who have been working under impossible conditions.

Hope this changes moving forwards.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    said he played as number 10 in their promotion season, i reckon he was a target as well as Morris. We've been after Morris for while, Fleetwood blew us out of the water previously, they are paying about 8 bags a week...
    Jeezus 8k a week for Morris?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Swindon first team coach Tommy Wright on the deal for DJ:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    said he played as number 10 in their promotion season, i reckon he was a target as well as Morris. We've been after Morris for while, Fleetwood blew us out of the water previously, they are paying about 8 bags a week...
    then how the hell would we have signed him anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am well pleased with our signings,I wonder if they were mostly Bowyers top players or second or third choice 
  • Options
    If DJ was our 6th choice he wouldn't have received 3+ 1/2 year contract.

It would have been 6 months like Josh Parker.
    They said we were working on it all day, as such I'd assume he was in the top 3. Don't think he would have been above Randall and Kirk, but they can still be options at the end of the season. 
  • Options

Not necessarily, he might have refused to join on a 6 month contract. 
  • Options
    Having had a chance to look at the various bits of footage that have been posted (and elsewhere too) I have to say that I am quite excited about this signing. Have liked what I have seen from both Millar and Stockley too.

When you add the likes of Aneke and Schwartz to the mix I feel that we can now, at last, feel confident about us scoring goals without necessarily leaving us totally open at the other end of the pitch. There's plenty of pace and power with that lot!

• Options

don't think we'd have paid a six figure fee and handed out just a six month contract.
  • Options
    Diallang Jaiyesimi - Swindon's First Major Summer Coup

And v charlton, Dec 2020:
    https://youtu.be/W0ENxUmmxq8
    State of the camera work and editing in that Swindon video. So grateful for the quality of Valley Pass!
    It's amazing how good the opponents' goals look.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!