Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• I don't mind admitting that these days I know a lot less about players we could sign, or play against.  It may be due to the lockdown etc, but I generally have no idea who anyone is that we are linked with these days.  Apart from Josh Morris.

Anyway the Swindon reaction is very positive.
  • This is our best window, especially January window, in donkeys. Normally we leak our best players in January and struggle to replace them. We've now got 2 players for almost every position (apart from wingers) and added a lot more pace to the side, I think Bowyer and Gallen will probably look at the window overall and think they achieved their goals, we also shipped a lot of the bit part/squad players which frankly there isn't space for in the budget anymore.

• Seems to have played out of position a few times. he'll fit right in  :D
  • Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:
    Good transfer window.
    Alright, no defenders, but Sandgaard said he would rather risk losing 3-4 than 0-1.
    We might be going back to the 4-3 on a Friday night days, or even rival the mighty Rochdale.
    5-5 is going to be the new 2-2.
    I remember Bowyer saying he was after wide attacking options and a box to box midfielder. DJ clearly is the first, not sure Smith is box to box
    He will be, after Bowyer's tried to change him. :smile:

That's exactly what Bowyer said in the vanishing quotes :-) 
  • Looks an exciting player. Can remember his goal against us at Swindon which was a moment of real quality.

Good luck DJ and can’t wait to see you tearing it apart in this division.
  • edited February 2021
    The main thing I remember about the Swindon match is how physically competitive he was.  Can't remember him losing out against a defender when it was played long to him, was able to turn the defender and get Swindon forward again as well.

First attacking midfield player we've had since Aribo who's defensive strengths, should be a major attribute in the attacking 1/3 especially.  Something we really lack.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sure Bowyer is chuffed to get a centre back in.
  • Lets get excited once he gets going for us. I/We did expect Maddison and Gilbey to tear this league up having both been local legends in League One. 

Very happy with signing, but remembering a player's exciting moments at a former club, should just remain as that thought.
  • I’m left wondering if the conversation went like this:

Gallen: Bad news. I’ve been on the phone for an hour. We can’t get Randall or Kirk. What shall we do?
    Bowyer: Get dialling

2 minutes later....

Gallen: Yep, I’ve got him
    Bowyer: Who?
    He started by saying Randall and Hopkirk are deceased.
  • Good signing, building for the future, in my opinion a good January window. Get a CB back, or maybe 2, from the medical room we could have a good final 1/3 of the season. All about momentum. 
  • Sage said:
    He knows Famewo as well. Both played in Norwich U23s together.

So he comes in knowing Famewo, Oshilaja, and Smith. He should settle quickly and hopefully hit the ground running.
    That will definitely help 
  • No idea if he is what we need but as I have an irrational dislike of Swindon following our loss to them in the play-offs when some of their supporters really got me narked as they gave it the big one walking up Floyd Road after the game I'm really pleased we have nicked one of their best players!
  • robroy said:
    Anyone know how he knows Deji?
    Deji. And DJ.

Sounds nearly the same to me.

• Sponsored links:

• Welcome DJ, hope you can tackle.
  • No idea if he is what we need but as I have an irrational dislike of Swindon following our loss to them in the play-offs when some of their supporters really got me narked as they gave it the big one walking up Floyd Road after the game I'm really pleased we have nicked one of their best players!
    This a billion times, fuck em
  • Rothko said:
    No idea if he is what we need but as I have an irrational dislike of Swindon following our loss to them in the play-offs when some of their supporters really got me narked as they gave it the big one walking up Floyd Road after the game I'm really pleased we have nicked one of their best players!
    This a billion times, fuck em
    Same - have hated them since that day. Buy all their players and bench em. 
  • This ones caught us a bit left field, i can't recall one person mentioning this as a rumour?
  • edited February 2021
  • Think I will call him Jay , looks a positive move for us.
  • Ipswich 2-3 Swindon | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

A really powerful finish at the start of this clip
  • Should be a very good signing unless he pulls out of a challenge :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!