Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    Really good signing, only going to get better and gave us no end of problems in the away game 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Good transfer window.
    Alright, no defenders, but Sandgaard said he would rather risk losing 3-4 than 0-1.
    We might be going back to the 4-3 on a Friday night days, or even rival the mighty Rochdale.
    5-5 is going to be the new 2-2.
    I remember Bowyer saying he was after wide attacking options and a box to box midfielder. DJ clearly is the first, not sure Smith is box to box
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Seems very similar to the level Kirk is at, and I’d have been delighted with him.

Finding myself pleasantly surprised on deadline day for once. Great business.
    As Kirk is a LW if we don't go up he should be a priority in summer if he's still looking a decent option.
    Especially as we can't count on Millar being here next season. It would be nice if he came back, if he likes it and Liverpool don't want to test him at a higher level it COULD happen but unlikely.

Kirk would make a more than decent alternative.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Good transfer window.
    Alright, no defenders, but Sandgaard said he would rather risk losing 3-4 than 0-1.
    We might be going back to the 4-3 on a Friday night days, or even rival the mighty Rochdale.
    5-5 is going to be the new 2-2.
    I remember Bowyer saying he was after wide attacking options and a box to box midfielder. DJ clearly is the first, not sure Smith is box to box
    He will be, after Bowyer's tried to change him. :smile:

• Options
    Sounds more like a Sri Lankan cricketer but from what I saw of him in the games against us he looks a pacey, dangerous player.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Very happy with that, felt he had a real swagger about him at the Valley, was walking around like he owned the joint and had some excellent footwork. Big fan of players who have that Taylor-esque confidence about them.

I can't say I have watched most of the players we were linked with but of the 2 times I've watched this lad you could tell he was one of their better players. Jaiyesimi and Millar on the wings will be fantastic to watch.

Well done to the club I would say, Maddison didn't fancy it, Williams was never gonna be a player to take us forward and now we have a younger player who I imagine will play a lot of games for us and have more influence.

Welcome to the biggest club in South London Diallang
    Bloke signed off his fairwell tweet with a video of his highlights. I’d call that confident bordering on crass. 
  • Options
    Jaiyesimi and Famewo would've spent (limited) time together at Norwich in 2019.
  • Options
    Swindon fans are absolutely fuming at him being sold

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very happy with that, felt he had a real swagger about him at the Valley, was walking around like he owned the joint and had some excellent footwork. Big fan of players who have that Taylor-esque confidence about them.

I can't say I have watched most of the players we were linked with but of the 2 times I've watched this lad you could tell he was one of their better players. Jaiyesimi and Millar on the wings will be fantastic to watch.

Well done to the club I would say, Maddison didn't fancy it, Williams was never gonna be a player to take us forward and now we have a younger player who I imagine will play a lot of games for us and have more influence.

Bloke signed off his fairwell tweet with a video of his highlights. I’d call that confident bordering on crass. 

Did he? Most recent tweet I see is a tweet response to Darren Huckerby on January 9th!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Curbs will love this fella. Wikipedia says he can play on the left wing, the right wing, or in the centre, in midfield or up front.
    Won't pronounce his name snywhere near right though!!
  • Options

The tweet you're referring to is a pinned tweet from last May after clubs voted to end league 2 early and Swindon were awarded the title.

He was on loan at the time so was thanking Swindon fans for his time at the club. Then Norwich released him and he ended up back there on a permanent deal.
    Ah fair enough then. My mistake. 
  • Options

That's our new right-back sorted then! In all s looks a decent signing on paper! 
  • Options
    Btw how was he below Morris??
    Given the contract length and age, I'll guess Morris was more a "this season" signing with jaiyesimi being a long term plan that we brought forward to get a needed position in.

Not a bad January tbh Millar is definitely an upgrade on Maddison and this boy should make Doughety's departure unnoticable.

Would have been nice to have kept Williams for a natural CAM when playing the diamond but said months ago he'd be off in this window so not a massive surprise. Millar/Morgan to play there when we go diamond.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Curbs will love this fella. Wikipedia says he can play on the left wing, the right wing, or in the centre, in midfield or up front.
    He could be the new Jackson!
    Oh no. Have his legs gone?
  • Options
    That's different, I assume they had no scarf lying around, so ripped a badge off the wall  :D

That thing weighs a ton. I think it’s been photoshopped 
  • Options
    Blimey, how many of those goals were deflections? We need a lucky player for once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Swindon fans are twitter are fuming. Quite a few saying they thought he might move to a Champ club in the summer. So if true could be a late gem. 
    He probably still will
  • Options

The tweet you're referring to is a pinned tweet from last May after clubs voted to end league 2 early and Swindon were awarded the title.

He was on loan at the time so was thanking Swindon fans for his time at the club. Then Norwich released him and he ended up back there on a permanent deal.
    Ah fair enough then. My mistake. 
    Don’t back down, now Maddison is gone we need a new scapegoat and I think you’ve just found it! 
  • Options

Did he? Most recent tweet I see is a tweet response to Darren Huckerby on January 9th!
    His end of loan spell tweet back in May 2020.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    LoOkOuT said:
    That is easy for Curbs, "Dai on the wing", proper Welsh for someone christened Llewelyn!
  • Options
    I'm suitably whelmed.
  • Options
    Yep. Pretty whelmed by this one. Only spotted it this morning when I woke up so a positive start to the day. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    We don't have to master pronouncing his name, Diallang Jaiyesimi .

He calls himself 'DJ'.

I reckon I can cope with that. :smile:

LoOkOuT said:
    If he’s not known as ‘Tone’ in the dressing room then I’ll be disappointed.
  • Options
    Anyone know how he knows Deji?
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Anyone know how he knows Deji?
    Both from Southwark. Both Nigerian. Only 5 years difference in age. Other than that, not sure. 

To be honest on Instagram and One of our academy lads will post something and you will get another player from elsewhere with no apparent links commenting like they are close mates. Could be anything 
  • Options
    Happy enough to get happy enough to get this late signing over the line. Think we are much stronger after what has been a good transfer window. Let the good times roll.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!