Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    I'm impressed that DJ could hear Washington over the fans
  • Options
    I'm impressed that DJ could hear Washington over the fans
    Our fans were clearly taking mimicking MK Dons fans to the next level by creating a library atmosphere.

No wonder it all kicked off afterwards.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Not bad for what some clown on here described as a ‘brainless lump’ 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Such an exciting player to watch. Was dubious at the start of signing him but he has really excelled under Jacko. 

So good defensively and actually prefer him on the left!
    Yes it’s noticeable that very little comes down his side , whichever flank he’s playing on .  I genuinely think you can afford to play him and CBT in the same side 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Not bad for what some clown on here described as a ‘brainless limp’ 
    And playing out of position - though I’d argue thats helped him. Instead of a lone striker to aim his crosses for he’s got two. You wouldn’t get Stockley making that run that Washington did today either.

I was disappointed to see CBT go off as his pace was a real threat against Pompey. DJ isn’t as quick and direct but more likely to put in a good cross or pick out a pass.
  • Options
    It might be the best pass I’ve ever seen from a Charlton player. Must have been even better for those sitting in the East/Curbs too!
  • Options
    Had a great game yesterday. That was an unbelievable pass but almost as good was the way he controlled a long ball on the run down the wing. It was a brilliant piece of skill. Unfortunately he tried to beat the man again after already beating him and missed the opportunity to cross it. He was gutted as he knew he should have got the ball in first time but acknowledged what he'd done wrong. Hopefully better decision making like this will improve his game further.
  • Options
    Why didn’t he take the corners when Albie went off ? 
  • Options
    What odds would've been given for DJ, to make the best pass of his career and Conor would prove the doubters he can score one on one with the keeper ? Quality of the pass is everything and this probably deserve a LOL ? Kevin De Bruynesque type pass !

Support DJ, in his newish position as WB.
    Whether Right or Left wing back.
  • Options
    What I like about him is he is technically good with both feet and can also tackle back. 

I think he will progress to be one of our key players and I would like to see him tried in midfield as an alternative to Gilbey who is beginning to irritate me with his high energy running which produces very little. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I like about him is he is technically good with both feet and can also tackle back. 

I think he will progress to be one of our key players and I would like to see him tried in midfield as an alternative to Gilbey who is beginning to irritate me with his high energy running which produces very little. 

That's *almost* as insane as @Leuth suggesting we play Elliot Lee in Dobson's position.
  • Options
    I like DJ, he does some really good stuff outside the box and he was one of our best players yesterday. But when we create those situations when we isolate him against the full-back, he needs to do more.

He doesn't buy himself the half-yard to create the shit/pass opening and nearly always ends up smacking it against the defender's legs. Sometimes he looks like he's panicking and starts tripping over his own feet. 

There was a moment in the second half when we broke and had men over, all he had to do was play a simple pass and he panicked and hit it straight at their defender. 

Frustrating because he clearly has the ability. 
  • Options
    Over 50 games now and has not been what I hoped what he would be like at this level. Last night summed him up but not doing the basics for a wide player. Needs to up his game 
  • Options
    I was hoping we could sell him, but i think he has upped his game, if we get this Palace kid in on loan, and play him with CBT as first teamers, then DJ would be a very good back up player.
  • Options
    Look at the last two comments on the same player....diametrically opposed.

One say he needs to up is game.  The 9ther says he has. Another says he tackles back...somewhere else it says he must improve in this area.  There are 4 DJ players in our squad.
    Its called having different opinions, not sure who the 9ther is though.
  • Options

That's *almost* as insane as @Leuth suggesting we play Elliot Lee in Dobson's position.
    Is it?  DJ himself says he is actually a number 10.  If we moved a diamond he could play as a 10.  Although he would probably be 4th or 5th in line, but he would be ahead of Gilbey.
  • Options
    I thought he was absolutely superb last night. Of course not everything came off, he's a League 1 winger not a champions league winner
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I like DJ, he does some really good stuff outside the box and he was one of our best players yesterday. But when we create those situations when we isolate him against the full-back, he needs to do more.

He doesn't buy himself the half-yard to create the shit/pass opening and nearly always ends up smacking it against the defender's legs. Sometimes he looks like he's panicking and starts tripping over his own feet. 

There was a moment in the second half when we broke and had men over, all he had to do was play a simple pass and he panicked and hit it straight at their defender. 

Frustrating because he clearly has the ability. 
    That moment where his pass got intercepted - yes he could have played a simple ball and given Leaburn a run at the defender, but he tried to play it as a killer through-ball. Defender misses that, Leaburn is through. At least he goes for the more imaginative pass sometimes. I'd say he's begun the Garner era very much looking like a threat and a very useful squad member, but for some reason he just can't win with half our fans. The reason I defend him so much is because he gets an insane amount of disrespect
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Is it?  DJ himself says he is actually a number 10.  If we moved a diamond he could play as a 10.  Although he would probably be 4th or 5th in line, but he would be ahead of Gilbey.
    I'm ahead of bloody Gilbey. And I've got a fractured foot. 
  • Options
    Could he play as a false nine in this system? He did make a handful of appearances up front for Swindon in the past.

He's not the tallest but he's deceptively strong. Using that strength to bring others into play around him perhaps? Remaining question marks over his positioning, ability to be in the right place at the right time etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could he play as a false nine in this system? He did make a handful of appearances up front for Swindon in the past.

He's not the tallest but he's deceptively strong. Using that strength to bring others into play around him perhaps? Remaining question marks over his positioning, ability to be in the right place at the right time etc?
    If we get to that point then we’re in trouble
  • Options

DJ has said that he sees himself more of a 10 than a winger.

Seeing he got pressed into service last season as a RW, LW, RWB and LWB, he might as well be tried out as a false 9.
    Probably a Jacko type square peg in a round hole - but you never know.

He made and took his goal well enough last night.

• Options
    Pardon my ignorance but is DJ out injured? 
    Can't remember the last time he was in a match day squad. All the talk around JFC but I'm more puzzled that DJ can't even get a run out against Brighton Youth or Non-League Coalville?
  • Options
    Can't remember the last time he was in a match day squad. All the talk around JFC but I'm more puzzled that DJ can't even get a run out against Brighton Youth or Non-League Coalville?
    Got injured at Colchester in the EFL Trophy 
  • Options
    Got injured at Colchester in the EFL Trophy 
    In a tackle that Jason Pearce , who was commentating on charlton TV, said "I think DJ is milking that a bit!
  • Options
    Shame that he’s injured as I think the formation we are playing now would suit him perfectly playing as the second striker 
  • Options
    Ok, so we know he got injured at Colchester in the PJT.

But anyone know what exactly his injury is or when he is likely to be fit?

Or is this a bad case of Mansfielditis and he's not exactly keen to rush back given the club were trying to offload him on loan in the last transfer window? 
  • Options
    It's the usual Charlton minor injury which drags on for an eternity.
  • Options
    DJ will be back in couple of weeks 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!