Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your England Squad For This Summer (vs Romania page 27)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Trippier regularly starts for the Spanish League leaders with one of the best defensive records in Europe. He has to go.
    All the others would be able to play for the top club in Spain.  I like Trippier - I think he’s good, but Wan Bissaka is a cracking defender.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    My XI, Henderson/Rice is on the basis they get fit before the end of the season and Rashford in for Sterling purely because he’s playing more currently, gutted Grealish is still injured also.

• Options
    My XI, Henderson/Rice is on the basis they get fit before the end of the season and Rashford in for Sterling purely because he’s playing more currently, gutted Grealish is still injured also.

Why do we need more than one holding player ?  Not being critical of you ; it just seems to be the narrative that we have to have them. 
  • Options
    Henderson coming back to start for England reminds me of Rooney in 2004. 

Henderson won't be match fit and hasn't shown anything this year to deserve to start. 

Rice, Mount and Bellingham in central midfield for me. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Why do we need more than one holding player ?  Not being critical of you ; it just seems to be the narrative that we have to have them. 
    I’ve seen this point raised a few times, I think A. Henderson isn’t particularly just about holding, he can play a bit.  And B. Even if you consider Henderson a holding mid, I think we still have four very attack minded players in that team.  

I agree we don’t want to usual sitting back dull England but I don’t think that team is that, what I am against is the formation where he plays 3 CBs, 2 fullbacks and Rice and Henderson.
  • Options

Henderson won't be match fit and hasn't shown anything this year to deserve to start. 

I really like Henderson but I agree entirely.
  • Options
    Amazing how Henderson, Rashford and Sterling have potentially all gone from guaranteed starters to impact players.

Shows how good our talent pool is right now. We’re a world class CB away from being a top side (on paper)
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Amazing how Henderson, Rashford and Sterling have potentially all gone from guaranteed starters to impact players.

Shows how good our talent pool is right now. We’re a world class CB away from being a top side (on paper)
    Don’t forget Sancho and his apparent £100m move to Manchester United last summer. Before covid he was the talk of Europe. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

We need them because you can’t trust the centre halves. Would be a different story if we had a Virgil VD but we don’t...
  • Options
    I think my squad currently is something like:

Pickford, Pope, Henderson
    Trent, Trippier, Walker
    Chilwell, Shaw
    Mings, Keane, Maguire, Stones, Dier
    Henderson, Rice, Bellingham
    Sancho, Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Saka, Mount, Lingard
    Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins

This is my selection as well. Great picks!
    third striker is up for grabs tho. Vardy back for 1 more rodeo obviously ideal (we cry).

id prob take greenwood in front of rash if i had to. 

CafcfN90 whats ur starting 11?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

I’ve seen this point raised a few times, I think A. Henderson isn’t particularly just about holding, he can play a bit.  And B. Even if you consider Henderson a holding mid, I think we still have four very attack minded players in that team.  

I agree we don’t want to usual sitting back dull England but I don’t think that team is that, what I am against is the formation where he plays 3 CBs, 2 fullbacks and Rice and Henderson.
    Hendo isn’t a holding player! He's 2 nr men in 1. Drives the team forward.  Everyone use to complain that he only passes backwards as well but a stat came out im sure that he had the most forward passes out of those english players compared against at that time (prev euros or wc cant remember). 

No point playing if hes not fit tho

• Options
    -walker——stones——maguire——shaw
    ——————hendo—-rice——————
    sancho————mount————foden-—
    ———————-kane————————

sancho hopefully will peak at the perfect time.

Bellingham if no hendo. Who else can we play centre mid im Struggling. Dont say phillips! Conor?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Don’t forget Sancho and his apparent £100m move to Manchester United last summer. Before covid he was the talk of Europe. 
    Sancho has 12 goals and 18 assists in 34 games for a massively underachieving Dortmund side. I’d say that wasn’t bad.
    Was not doubting Sancho achievements as he is a class player. More showing the unbelieve talent we have in the squad.How many people would put him in there starting eleven for the euros?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Sancho has 12 goals and 18 assists in 34 games for a massively underachieving Dortmund side. I’d say that wasn’t bad.
    Was not doubting Sancho achievements as he is a class player. More showing the unbelieve talent we have in the squad.How many people would put him in there starting eleven for the euros?
    I wouldn’t in a generic selection but I guess it depends on the opposition. Someone like Sterling is favourable against a team that’s playing a higher line for example. Sancho, along with Foden and Grealish can break down teams that sit deep, so will be useful in the group games.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    I think my squad currently is something like:

Pickford, Pope, Henderson
    Trent, Trippier, Walker
    Chilwell, Shaw
    Mings, Keane, Maguire, Stones, Dier
    Henderson, Rice, Bellingham
    Sancho, Foden, Sterling, Grealish, Saka, Mount, Lingard
    Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins

This is my selection as well. Great picks!
    third striker is up for grabs tho. Vardy back for 1 more rodeo obviously ideal (we cry).

id prob take greenwood in front of rash if i had to. 

CafcfN90 whats ur starting 11?
    Tough because of the injuries to Henderson and Grealish. At the moment probably something like: 

Pickford (would pick Pope but Pickford has championship experience) 
    Trippier, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell (not against Shaw, it's close) 
    Rice
    Mount
    Foden, Grealish, Sterling (not against Sterling right, Grealish left, Foden centre)
    Kane

Against the better teams I'd play 4231, bringing in Henderson for one of the attacking 4. 
  • Options

I really like Henderson but I agree entirely.
    Yeah i needed a half like button, personally if he is fit he is in there. I would hope Henderson being the professional he is, if he wasn't 100% he would sit it out. Well see its getting dangerously close, the same with Grealish. Massive shame but we do have alot of talent for England these days so if Rice can step up and then gives the opportunity for someone like Bellingham & Mount to run the middle of the park.
  • Options
    Excitement building big time now. So many of our players are going to be involved in European finals now, just need to get through that and the Riverside friendlies unharmed! 

Just wish the FA would pull their finger out and let all the ESTC members know if they have tickets or not! 

Personally I cannot see Henderson going. He hasn't played in so long I don't think he is going to make it fitness wise. It's been very quiet from LFC and Klopp. Seems Rice and Grealish are just a week or so away from making a return which is great news. 

Loving Foden and Mount currently. Both 100% starters for me, no question. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Excitement building big time now. So many of our players are going to be involved in European finals now, just need to get through that and the Riverside friendlies unharmed! 

Just wish the FA would pull their finger out and let all the ESTC members know if they have tickets or not! 

Personally I cannot see Henderson going. He hasn't played in so long I don't think he is going to make it fitness wise. It's been very quiet from LFC and Klopp. Seems Rice and Grealish are just a week or so away from making a return which is great news. 

Loving Foden and Mount currently. Both 100% starters for me, no question. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    -walker——stones——maguire——shaw
    ——————hendo—-rice——————
    sancho————mount————foden-—
    ———————-kane————————

sancho hopefully will peak at the perfect time.

Bellingham if no hendo. Who else can we play centre mid im Struggling. Dont say phillips! Conor?
    I like this line up a lot. I’d change Shaw for Chilwell.

but playing without a goalkeeper and Dean Henderson in midfield is insane. 
  • Options

Assume you mean the 2006 World Cup, because Rooney was unplayable at the 2004 Euro's.

Henderson is back running and will start full training soon. He should be able to play a Liverpool game before the end of the season and would then be available for England's pre-tournament friendlies. Not the same as Rooney who by his own admission years later was injured and should never have gone to the tournament.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    2 more goals for Sancho today as Dortmund beat 2nd placed Leipzig 3-2.

He's ending the season superbly well. He has to be picked.

11 goals in his last 18 games.
  • Options
    Another excellent night for Sancho
  • Options
    Doesn't count as it's not in England. 

Play Rashford, United's 3rd best striker instead. 
  • Options
    Grealish returned from injury last night. Good for him to get a couple of games in and show Southgate he's ready. Declan Rice is apparently ready to return this weekend, and Klopp says Henderson 'should be fit' for the Euro's as well.

Sancho has to be in the squad. I know he won't get the attention of players playing here but he's probably our most in form attacking player. 16 goals and 19 assists this season, the majority of those coming in 2021.
  • Options
    Doesn't count as it's not in England. 

Play Rashford, United's 3rd best striker instead. 
    This. Doesn’t count if the MOTD Armchair pundits haven’t seen it and aren’t being able to repeat what they’ve heard from the TV. 
  • Options
    Sancho and Bellingham with how they've played this season should be guarantees. 

They're certainly better than a midtable Premier League winger or defensive midfielder. 
  • Options
    Two more assists for Sancho today and it's only just turned half-time. 
  • Options
    Reports in the papers that Trent is not going to make the final squad. It appears, Walker, Trippier and James are ahead of him in the squad