Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Only Desire Magazine (New Charlton Fanzine)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    never been over impressed by the magazine, have tried a few times to get into it but never found it engaging.
    I mean

There is a reason it won Fanzine of the year and the FSA awards
    Not for their interaction on twitter then 
  • Options
    I must say, the Guardians of Public Decency are ever watchful, aren't they?

It is so nice, once more, to receive ethical guidance from our moral superiors so that we know what we are and aren't allowed to find funny.

I actually thought the football formation tweet was pretty funny, and I'm as sentimental about our former dear Queen as its possible to get.  I now realise that I was wrong and will now make sure that it's OK to laugh by waiting for the official approval from the correct channels.

I also note that you are not allowed to dislike someone's music, or even express an opinion on it, if someone has had any mental health struggles in their past (knew what he was doing when the news broke that Huw Edwards, eh?).  That probably rules out most of the industry TBH.

I shall now correct myself and also never mention again that I find the music of the likes of Capaldi/Sheeran to be a searing faecal beige indictment of the state of musical creativity that we find ourselves in.

All hail the arbiters of public moral decency!
  • Options
    I must say, the Guardians of Public Decency are ever watchful, aren't they?

It is so nice, once more, to receive ethical guidance from our moral superiors so that we know what we are and aren't allowed to find funny.

I actually thought the football formation tweet was pretty funny, and I'm as sentimental about our former dear Queen as its possible to get.  I now realise that I was wrong and will now make sure that it's OK to laugh by waiting for the official approval from the correct channels.

I also note that you are not allowed to dislike someone's music, or even express an opinion on it, if someone has had any mental health struggles in their past (knew what he was doing when the news broke that Huw Edwards, eh?).  That probably rules out most of the industry TBH.

I shall now correct myself and also never mention again that I find the music of the likes of Capaldi/Sheeran to be a searing faecal beige indictment of the state of musical creativity that we find ourselves in.

All hail the arbiters of public moral decency!

• Options
    Sheeran and his campfire songs awful ! 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    never been over impressed by the magazine, have tried a few times to get into it but never found it engaging.
    Have to agree, I subscribed to the first three or four issues but just couldn’t get into it for some reason. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad magazine just that it didn’t float my boat.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I mean

There is a reason it won Fanzine of the year and the FSA awards
    You say you can’t say it’s bad if you haven’t read it.

Then you say even if you’ve read it, it can’t be bad because it’s won awards.

I’ve never read it… and now I really don’t want to even try 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Oh my god. Some people’s desperation to be offended is incredible. 
    I don’t know how anyone can type the words, ‘well I thought it was in poor taste’ without immediately punching themselves in the face. 
    Well, did you?
  • Options
    Never read Modmag, probably never will, and i don’t like Sheeran or Capaldis music either.

Thats better, was feeling left out.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Oh my god. Some people’s desperation to be offended is incredible. 
    I don’t know how anyone can type the words, ‘well I thought it was in poor taste’ without immediately punching themselves in the face. 
    Well, did you?
    I found that comment to be in poor taste. 
  • Options
    Well I quite simply think MOD is an excellent read. No surprise to me that it has won awards.

Subscribe to it and will happily carry on doing so.

And would thoroughly recommend anyone who hasn't bought a copy to do so.

• Options
    Well I quite simply think MOD is an excellent read. No surprise to me that it has won awards.

Subscribe to it and will happily carry on doing so.

And would thoroughly recommend anyone who hasn't bought a copy to do so.

Except Sheeran and Capaldi?
  • Options
    Writing has improved since the early editions :smile:

And the selection of photos is much better :smile:

Looking forward to the jailbird XI in the new edition out soon

If anyone has spare copy of issue 1 the museum would like it. We have a copy but would like a spare. We've got spares of most of the more recent issues.
  • Options
    Personally I don't get fanzines.
    I never even bought my Bruvs ones lol
    But this really has gone a bit over the top 🤣
  • Options
    CAST presence will be behind the West Stand on Saturday as we are also collecting for Greenwich Foodbank at their van. Bring along some necessities as a donation and pick up a MODmag (or two) while you’re there. We’ll also be taking renewals and new memberships. See you there.

https://www.castrust.org/2023/08/fill-the-foodbank-van-on-saturday-2/
  • Options
    The newest issue - #11 - is going to be available to buy from our man @paulie8290 outside the club shop from 1pm on Saturday. It's also for sale on the CAST table and in the museum. Cash at the CAST table, cash or card with Paul and the museum lads.

They'll also be limited editions of #10, our '98 Play-Off Final special, available for half price (so £2 instead of £4).

Fair enough if you're not a fan or don't like magazines or fanzines. Save the cash and get yourself a sausage roll instead. But if you are tempted, we PROMISE they'll be no digs at any royalty or pop stars between the covers...because they are on the front and back covers