Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My Only Desire Magazine (New Charlton Fanzine)

Comments

• Great to hear that copies arrived soon after ordering.

When I read that the January issue of Valley Review was on sale, I ordered one....checked that was on 24th December.

And I'm still waiting.....
  • I forgot to order mine when it was first mentioned. 
    The flurry of posts on here after delivery reminded me so I ordered Wednesday, it was delivered Thursday. 
    Not had a read yet but looks awesome 
  • Tried to order but cannot get past the postage option

When I read that the January issue of Valley Review was on sale, I ordered one....checked that was on 24th December.

To be fair you can’t “Review” January until at least February!
  • I really liked MOD. Only comment is that most of the writers CAFC memories only seem to date from Premier League days. The Great Danes article missed out Ostergaard and Jacobsen. Nevertheless great graphics and very good mag.
  • I really liked MOD. Only comment is that most of the writers CAFC memories only seem to date from Premier League days. The Great Danes article missed out Ostergaard and Jacobsen. Nevertheless great graphics and very good mag.
    Ostergaard and Jacobsen were the first of our Great Danes.

They made a big news event at Charlton at the time of their signing.  I wonder why they were forgotten?

• Ordered mine yesterday morning and it turned up today, impressed. 

Haven’t read it yet but the artwork is very good, doesn’t say who does it though
  • Ordered it and will be sent to me in USA looking forward to it
  • Ordered one today for dad who's still home alone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ordered mine earlier. is any one on here involved? also is it a independent fanzine? 
  • Oggy Red said:
    I really liked MOD. Only comment is that most of the writers CAFC memories only seem to date from Premier League days. The Great Danes article missed out Ostergaard and Jacobsen. Nevertheless great graphics and very good mag.

They made a big news event at Charlton at the time of their signing.  I wonder why they were forgotten?

Probably because they weren't great. 
  • It is superb.  Far better than I was expecting (and arrived by first class mail the day after ordering).

Well done to Gavin for getting it up and running and to the excellent contributors.

Not bothered about the quality of the paper at all, it's fine unless you start throwing it around or putting your coffee cup on it.

Can't wait for #02

• edited January 2021

• Oggy Red said:
    I really liked MOD. Only comment is that most of the writers CAFC memories only seem to date from Premier League days. The Great Danes article missed out Ostergaard and Jacobsen. Nevertheless great graphics and very good mag.

Yeah, with hindsight. But they were decent enough for the level we were then playing at.

But there was plenty of fanfare at the time - and they had made their mark for a while at Charlton, a couple of years before Allan Simonsen signed.
    My generation of fans still talk about them today - so they had an impact.

• shirty5 said:
    ordered mine earlier. is any one on here involved? also is it a independent fanzine? 
    The list rolling in from the Thames column on Page 18 is by myself under my Cafc Facts and Stats account on Twitter. 

Nice to be asked to contribute, likewise with Voice of the Valley (again this month on Page 33) through Matt Wright asking for assistance and the South London Press with Richard Cawley. 

Hopefully this will be a regular feature in the magazine. 
    Charlton used to have a footy quiz team years ago, you would have had to be captain.   Nobody would have been able to touch you.
  • The article on Yann gave me goosebumps reading me, oh to find another Yann!!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Yeah, with hindsight. But they were decent enough for the level we were then playing at.

But there was plenty of fanfare at the time - and they had made their mark for a while at Charlton, a couple of years before Allan Simonsen signed.
    My generation of fans still talk about them today - so they had an impact.

Yes there was fanfare but they both proved to be not decent enough for second division level. Both only played a handful of games. Ostergaard was a forward and only scored 1 goal , which I saw at Wrexham ( a cracker ). Jacobson was a bit of a lightweight midfield player. In fairness to Ostergaard he was an international but the trouble was it was in ice hockey.
  • Sounds like a successful 1st edition, well done to those involved. Think I read they were aiming for quarterly. Out of interest, who is the editor?
  • Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed it... great addition to our Charlton reading material. 

The Yann article was superb 

Look forward to the next one. 
  • Sounds like a successful 1st edition, well done to those involved. Think I read they were aiming for quarterly. Out of interest, who is the editor?

The editor is Gavin Billenness
  • Just ordered a copy. Sounds good!
  • Really enjoyed it. Particularly the ‘dull Valley’ article. Memories that made me laugh. Will definitely get the next issue.

I ordered the Valley Review around about the 13th Jan and received by 18th. 
  • Quite impressed with the first issue, only bleat is the paper quality!!
  • Sollydog said:
    Quite impressed with the first issue, only bleat is the paper quality!!
    I thought it was fine ... very different to VOTV but no problem with that 
  • edited January 2021
    Great to hear that copies arrived soon after ordering.

I ordered the Valley Review around about the 13th Jan and received by 18th. 
    I ordered the Valley Review on the 7th and It came on the 23rd, which has been about typical with every issue this season. In this case I chased it last Monday and it was finally posted on Wednesday, second class. I understand they are only going in alternate days to post out, and clearly Royal Mail have their own issues, but there’s obviously something very wrong with the club’s system too.

We’ve only had major delivery problems with the December VOTV - the latest one has been pretty good.