Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My Only Desire Magazine (New Charlton Fanzine)

Comments

• Ordered a couple of copies, fair play to anyone trying to do something new, especially at this time. As per @Elthamaddick - the more (quality) Charlton content the better! 
  • edited January 2021
    Best of luck to them. I hope it is as successful and as good as Voice of the Valley. 

It might be me, but I have clicked on the "Shipping" button to find out how much it is to post to Portugal, and nothing happens?   
  • Hoping to receive mine tomorrow,  friend in Bromley got his today.
  • Got mine yesterday. Considering I only ordered it on Sunday, very impressive. 

Generally, I like it. There's some excellent writing in it and a very good interview with Graham Stuart. The design is good and it has some good pictures.

The only thing I would say is for £4, I think better quality paper could have been used although that is probably just my view. And at £4 plus £1.50p&p it's not cheap.

However I would definitely recommend people order a copy and see what they think
  • What’s the verdict boys n girls? £5.50 well spent? In an era of instant “content” and inundating opinion does the MODmag deliver something new or extra?
  • I really enjoyed the articles . I agree the quality of the paper isn’t good enough but I’m sure that will improve. 
  • Good content & good layout / design but agree with the quality of the paper. Will buy again
  • It's great, I particularly like the design.
  • Would prefer a cheaper digital version i can read on the iPad tbh especially given poor paper quality, but seems a good read with different perspectives to those elsewhere, rather than just rehashing what’s already there. 

I find VotV excellent at summarising politics of the club and more granular news, as well as providing a summary of recent matches, whilst also being very informative about distant history beyond my 31 years. 

This seems to focus more on ‘recent history; i.e. early noughties onwards and higher level recent thematic developments (e.g. Charlton post-COVID), all in some lovely designs.

From the first read, it’s worth picking up and I’m intrigued to see if subsequent issues follow the same mould
  • Sponsored links:

• Flicked through, on first view the design of it is excellent, see where the money has gone, as for the paper, I'll live with it, not everything needs to be shiny, so its different. Will have a read later
  • I ordered this at the weekend and hoping it turns up today or tomorrow.  My postal service has been rather pants lately!  Artistically it looked very sharp from what I could see online so that's what grabbed me

Turns out I used to play football with the chap who's done it - didn't realise that before I'd ordered.
  • Order one at the weekend for my old man. Will have a read of it when he’s finished with it.
  • Would prefer a cheaper digital version i can read on the iPad tbh especially given poor paper quality, but seems a good read with different perspectives to those elsewhere, rather than just rehashing what’s already there. 

I find VotV excellent at summarising politics of the club and more granular news, as well as providing a summary of recent matches, whilst also being very informative about distant history beyond my 31 years. 

This seems to focus more on ‘recent history; i.e. early noughties onwards and higher level recent thematic developments (e.g. Charlton post-COVID), all in some lovely designs.

From the first read, it’s worth picking up and I’m intrigued to see if subsequent issues follow the same mould
    Come on Airman what about a digital version of the VOTV.

I think part of the distinctive identity of VOTV is that it's a paper magazine, whereas there is already any amount of digital content online, including here. However, I would do more content on the website if I had the time.
  • This is a fanzine:

• JamesSeed said:
    This is a fanzine:

I got that  :)
  • Got mine today. Not read it yet but I like the paper - looks like it might be recycled paper so eco friendly.
  • stonemuse said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This is a fanzine:

I got that  :)
    Worth a few bob!
  • Best of luck to them. I hope it is as successful and as good as Voice of the Valley. 

It might be me, but I have clicked on the "Shipping" button to find out how much it is to post to Portugal, and nothing happens?   
    Brexit
  • Sponsored links:

• Just ordered

I think part of the distinctive identity of VOTV is that it's a paper magazine, whereas there is already any amount of digital content online, including here. However, I would do more content on the website if I had the time.
    Fair enough :)
  • Mine arrived in Belvedere today. 

I love the look and style. 

Well done you guys.
  • Mine arrived yesterday. Looks good, had a flick through. Agree about the paper, though if it’s eco friendly then fair play. 
  • it looks flushable.
  • Arrived DA7 - like it.
  • I thought they would have mentioned Ostergaard & Jacobsen on the Danish feature.
  • Just arrived - brilliant artwork and content (based on a quick flick through) looks great. Will read in more detail later. 
  • Mine has just arrived. The sort of mag I would love to take to the pub after work for a read and a pint. I suppose my first impression is that it doesn't obviously present itself as a Charlton magazine on the front cover, though as there's no newstand sale perhaps that's not a thing to consider any more. I positively like the paper, it feels more serious somehow. 

Looking forward to having a read of this properly. 
  • Just arrived, initial look is good