Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard podcast interview

Interview with Thomas in the latest episode of 'I Bought a Football Club' podcast. About 30 minutes long.

Have subscribed to it for a while as it's done by the King's Lynn Town chairman and they're my hometown club. Pleasantly surprised when it downloaded this morning and was a Charlton-related episode!

Comments

• So at the moment VP is paying a fair share of club salaries for home fixtures, despite our awful form. 

That's pretty good to know TS isn't just burning cash on salaries for poor performances.
  • Thomas has quoted in this interview that the streaming numbers are up to 6000 per game from 1200. I thought a number of around 4000 was quoted by Thomas in Oct/Nov. Can anyone confirm this please or am I being a pedant?
  • Oh yes and did he say he wanted the numbers up to around 20000 at this time? I cant find the quote or article.
  • edited February 2021
    Thomas has quoted in this interview that the streaming numbers are up to 6000 per game from 1200. I thought a number of around 4000 was quoted by Thomas in Oct/Nov. Can anyone confirm this please or am I being a pedant?
    I think thats from iFollow at the start of the season to VP Now the 1200 to 6000. Which means since the 4000 number was mentioned back in December time, we have seen growth of another 50%.
  • Sponsored links:

•  20,000 is s big ask because  many Addicks will be watching on stream as a family group so purchases don't reflect numbers. 
    Yes I thought that plus this IPTV that a lot of fans in general seem to have.
  •  20,000 is s big ask because  many Addicks will be watching on stream as a family group so purchases don't reflect numbers. 
    Yes, I know a lot of addicks including myself that have IPTV and ifollow channels are included in the annual subscription.
    Yes, I know a lot of addicks including myself that have IPTV and ifollow channels are included in the annual subscription.
    Personally I still tune into VP quite often, IPTV can at times be sketchy, but mainly because I enjoy the whole matchday experience being delivered by VP now. 
  • Thomas has quoted in this interview that the streaming numbers are up to 6000 per game from 1200. I thought a number of around 4000 was quoted by Thomas in Oct/Nov. Can anyone confirm this please or am I being a pedant?
    I'm confident we were told we were getting 3/4000 earlier in the season pre Minto/Curbs.
  • Thing is, TS is not a multi-billionaire, or even a billionaire. He has a good few million tucked away & probably a bit more in shares - but he is not someone who can throw £100+m over the next 5 years to get us into the Premier League. Even in the Championship a good striker will cost you £10m+ (Ivan Toney). Derby paid £12m for Beliek.  Not saying you can't get promoted without having to spend big, but there are quite a few clubs who are trying to do the same thing & who are now finding it hard (Derby, Forest, Sheff W). If you cant spend big big then you need a really good manager & perhaps we got lucky with Curbs & to a certain extent Powell - I just dont think Bowyer is in their mould.
  • Thing is, TS is not a multi-billionaire, or even a billionaire. He has a good few million tucked away & probably a bit more in shares - but he is not someone who can throw £100+m over the next 5 years to get us into the Premier League. Even in the Championship a good striker will cost you £10m+ (Ivan Toney). Derby paid £12m for Beliek.  Not saying you can't get promoted without having to spend big, but there are quite a few clubs who are trying to do the same thing & who are now finding it hard (Derby, Forest, Sheff W). If you cant spend big big then you need a really good manager & perhaps we got lucky with Curbs & to a certain extent Powell - I just dont think Bowyer is in their mould.
    Matthew Benham is worth about the same as TS, and it’s the model that Brentford have perfected that we’ll likely follow
    Sandgaard has already said if it gets to a point where he needs more investment he'll get it.
  • Sandgaard's problem is that Bowyer is not turning out to be the manager he thought he was. It isn't any more complicated than that. Sandgaard deserves better.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Thing is, TS is not a multi-billionaire, or even a billionaire. He has a good few million tucked away & probably a bit more in shares - but he is not someone who can throw £100+m over the next 5 years to get us into the Premier League. Even in the Championship a good striker will cost you £10m+ (Ivan Toney). Derby paid £12m for Beliek.  Not saying you can't get promoted without having to spend big, but there are quite a few clubs who are trying to do the same thing & who are now finding it hard (Derby, Forest, Sheff W). If you cant spend big big then you need a really good manager & perhaps we got lucky with Curbs & to a certain extent Powell - I just dont think Bowyer is in their mould.
    Sandgaard has already said if it gets to a point where he needs more investment he'll get it.
    Might be difficult drumming up £50m when we are languishing in the 4th tier.

But I know some blokes in the Manchester area who are always looking for an investment opportunity. At that point beggars can't be chooses.....