Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snowing (Dec 23 pg 11)

Comments

• Had about seven inches in West Yorkshire yesterday. No thaw today with some more snow tonight followed by rain Saturday pm. Woke up to this. 
    Who are you trying to kid that that's 7 inches?
  • Really want snow this year - none of the usual concerns of can I get to (and more importantly home from) work etc, and something to cheer the kids up at the moment given everything going on.

So typically it's just been raining loads and bloody cold.
    Yes, not having to worry about Southeastern trains stopping at the sight of a few flakes, I too am hoping for some serious snow. I've always thought that snow is amazing if you don't have to get anywhere and can just enjoy it. 
  • Had about seven inches in West Yorkshire yesterday. No thaw today with some more snow tonight followed by rain Saturday pm. Woke up to this. 
    A lady.
    I said that’s what I woke up to. It continued to snow all day. That ok snotty. 
    Posh kennels for the whippets in the corner?
  • I’ve actually not seen a whippet since I’ve been here. 
    You know the rules on CL we expect evidence with a tape measure.
  • MrWalker said:
    The front lawns have a light dusting but a fair wind and good fortune means I've got 7 inches near my back passage. 
    Christ has @ElfsborgAddick found out where you like then? 
  • Wilma said:
    Really want snow this year - none of the usual concerns of can I get to (and more importantly home from) work etc, and something to cheer the kids up at the moment given everything going on.

So typically it's just been raining loads and bloody cold.
    Yes, not having to worry about Southeastern trains stopping at the sight of a few flakes, I too am hoping for some serious snow. I've always thought that snow is amazing if you don't have to get anywhere and can just enjoy it. 
    @ShootersHillGuru has got 7” i’m sure he’d share.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had snow on the roof of our veranda here in Vendée this morning. It wasn't anywhere else though. It could be someone having a laugh with a spray can ;-

By veranda, I mean the conservatory. Sorry, a bit of franglais there.
    Why did you move to Vendee?   (Please feel free to ignore if you don't wish to answer).
    I'm quite happy to answer but it's a long story that I will make short.
    I didn't move to Vendée directly from England as you might expect.

I came to France (Lyon) in 2003 just to learn French to A Level standard. I had planned to stay one year and then decided to stay a second year.
    During this second year I met my wife (in September 2004) (she was a student doctor)
    We bought a flat together in Lyon in 2005
    We got married in 2007.

We sold our flat and moved to the Jura (near Switzerland) in 2008  (for her work to become 'attaché)
    We then moved to the Vendée in 2010 (again for her work to be a 'practicien hospitalier')
    (what seems incredible looking back is that in both of these years we had the birth of our first two children)

We bought our house her in La Roche sur Yon in 2012
    We had our third child in 2015

Actually she wanted to move again much further south this year (well, 2020) to work in the private sector. I was against it and countered her with job possibilities in the UK including one near-ish my parents (Brighton) and another near Peterborough. I knew that she would refuse to move to the UK and I know that it would be tough for us, both financially and regarding the children's education. If I was convinced that the move south would be good (even if just for her) I would consider it seriously. Also with this Covid19 situation it seems an odd time to propose moving again.

I'm not sure why I've added that last paragraph Maybe just to get it off my chest. I haven't even told my family because we have so far decided to stay put. I shall alert those that may be interested @golfaddick & @LargeAddick
    We’ve just bought a little house in the lovely village of Vouvant, so not far from you, not looking to move full time or rent it just a family holiday home. My mate runs a cafe bar in the village. Small world as they say. 
  • East Angular :smile: is gonna get hit tonight.
  • clb74 said:
    Had about seven inches in West Yorkshire yesterday. No thaw today with some more snow tonight followed by rain Saturday pm. Woke up to this. 

did it shrivel up??
  • clb74 said:
    Had about seven inches in West Yorkshire yesterday. No thaw today with some more snow tonight followed by rain Saturday pm. Woke up to this. 

did it shrivel up??
    Well, it was cold.
  • East Angular :smile: is gonna get hit tonight.
    Well, good job then we're down Bristow tomorrow.

• Oi @Hex

Is Sunny Sidcup going to be Snowy Sidcup or not chief?
  • MrWalker said:
    The front lawns have a light dusting but a fair wind and good fortune means I've got 7 inches near my back passage. 
    Christ has @ElfsborgAddick found out where you like then? 
    That was a good one tbf.
  • I’ve actually not seen a whippet since I’ve been here. 
    I have seen whippet racing in Sweden.  That was a very strange experience.
  • Another snow pic from West Yorkshire 

• Sponsored links:

• Wash out :-(
  • HexHex
    edited January 2021
    Oi @Hex

Is Sunny Sidcup going to be Snowy Sidcup or not chief?
    Nope !   A week back the future was looking distinctly cold, but not any more.  Plenty of rain though.
  • Very gloomy in Greenwich.
  • The met office app says there's a greater than 95% chance of snow at the moment here - but there's bugger all. I guess my little house is in the 5% bit
  • Heavy snow here in Dereham Norfolk.
  • Heavy snow here in Dereham Norfolk.

Hope you are ok John.
  • Light dusting on car roofs and shed roofs here in Romford. 

Kids disappointed, me relieved. 
  • Had a little snow earlier on in Maidstone, but being washed away now by the rain.
  • Light dusting overnight in Golders Green, but most has melted already
  • Snowing a lot here in Norwich