Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    Aneke better than Taylor. Charlton fans as delusional as ever. 
    I know, I’ve been delusional for years but can’t explain my way to that conclusion. 
  • Options
    Hasn’t played in 6 months.
    Never played in English football before.
    Has previous with injuries.
    31 years old so presumably past his best.

I’m not writing him off, but strikes me as a bit of a punt to be honest. Prove me wrong Ronnie!
    If you're talking about Rocket Ronnie, he might be 31, but he's only a few months older than Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?
    Maybe, but I’d prefer that to the alternative.

Death, hate, cry and be miserable!
  • Options
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?

Oi, it's our Red, Red Robin you're talking about! 

• Options
    Watch Ron's goal scoring on YouTube and he looks a very average goal scorer relying mainly on poor keeping or keeper error?
    Just my opinion after watching short clips
    Although I doubt any of our current strikers could put together any better viewing
  • Options
    Bogle first touch is better than chucks if you ask me. 
    In a striker it's the last touch I care about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"Telephone call for Mr Golfie!"
  • Options
    In a striker it's the last touch I care about.
    It’s generally the one just before the goal kick. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Watch Ron's goal scoring on YouTube and he looks a very average goal scorer relying mainly on poor keeping or keeper error?
    Although I doubt any of our current strikers could put together any better viewing
    Looks to me like someone with a knack for finding space in the penalty area and who strikes the ball fairly cleanly. If we create chances he’ll probably score a fair few goals. A lot of goals scored at this level are because a defender screwed up, probably more than are scored because of good play. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    disagree - chucks touch is sublime at times for such a big umit
    Disagree again.... chuks has a sublime touch about once a game, then it’s distinctly average for such a unit. I’m afraid chuks is at his level to be honest, top half of league 1. 
    he will play championship or above after this season  
    DOUCHER said:
    paulfox said:
    DOUCHER said:
    disagree - chucks touch is sublime at times for such a big umit
    Disagree again.... chuks has a sublime touch about once a game, then it’s distinctly average for such a unit. I’m afraid chuks is at his level to be honest, top half of league 1. 
    he will play championship or above after this season  
    Only if we go up and bows gives him a try. Who is going to buy a 60 minute at best player. And why hasn’t he played at a higher level or at least been given a chance already if he is that good?. 
    I agree the fact he can only play 70 minutes will really limit his career. As to your other point, strangely this is his first season starting as a number 9. I can't believe someone of his size and ability was played in the 10 role for so long. His career might have looked quite different so far if he'd started as a striker.
  • Options

I’m not writing him off, but strikes me as a bit of a punt to be honest. Prove me wrong Ronnie!
    Not writing him off but you really want to judging by your staements.

Past his best at 31, that Ronaldo chap is doing ok at 35. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Rothko said:
    Sounds like Schwartz has been Training with the first team for a while, so Bowyer has been able to get a good look at him and obviously likes what he sees 
    I’m wondering if the fact Schwartz has been in training has had an affect on Bogle.
    He knows it’s gonna knock him down the order .
    I know he wasn’t pulling up trees anyway but his body language has looked appalling in recent times, as if he is carrying the world on his shoulders 
    Could well be. Also that the bloke clearly puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform well and score goals, and he just hasn't been doing either
    Sorted it for you. 
    Everyone was raving about his hold-up play and workrate but a few weeks ago, funny how quickly the narrative changes with a bad miss. 
    Not everyone. He's a non league player, said it the moment he signed. 
    Obviously you know more about it than say Neil Warnock or Warren Joyce? 
  • Options
    Looks to me like someone with a knack for finding space in the penalty area and who strikes the ball fairly cleanly. If we create chances he’ll probably score a fair few goals. A lot of goals scored at this level are because a defender screwed up, probably more than are scored because of good play. 
    Exactly. League one is hardly renowned for it's solid defending, look our own defence in recent weeks.

We know Maddison can create chances and get good balls in, we just need a half decent striker who can get on the end of them. 
  • Options
    Wow 😂😂😂 I’m going to reserve judgement until I’ve seen him play. In the meantime, can I be the first to say ‘He’s Rubbish’ 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    iaitch said:

Not writing him off but you really want to judging by your staements.

Past his best at 31, that Ronaldo chap is doing ok at 35. 
    I seem to remember @NorwegianAddick (I think it was) provided a review based on actually having watched Schwartz play and it wasn’t glowing.

Not saying you should write Schwartz off, we’ve pursued him for a reason, but I think looking at the accounts of people who have seen him play is valuable.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I wasn't impressed by his YouTube video either, but then again I have been blown away by some other people's YouTube videos and they turned out to be utter tosh, so maybe this is a good thing
  • Options
    Biggest thing that worries me about Schwartz is he seems the sort of striker who'll pounce on a loose ball and will be sniffing around the penalty area a lot

Might just be the fact his YouTube highlights dont show that side, but would like to see what his other attributes are like, e.g. bringing others into play, holding the ball up etc.

If he doesnt hit the ground running then am sure a lot will start questioning his transfer, when in fact his contribution will surely be around what his team mates create for him

i.e. Whenever did Wright-Phillips do anything like that, he was constantly on the shoulder of the last defender
  • Options
    So whinging fans, who is the striker you all want in? How much will it cost and will he be happy to accept the CAP on wages?
    Must have good experience, good goal record and fit.
    Please restrict your lists to 20 players.
  • Options
    Biggest thing that worries me about Schwartz is he seems the sort of striker who'll pounce on a loose ball and will be sniffing around the penalty area a lot

Might just be the fact his YouTube highlights dont show that side, but would like to see what his other attributes are like, e.g. bringing others into play, holding the ball up etc.

If he doesnt hit the ground running then am sure a lot will start questioning his transfer, when in fact his contribution will surely be around what his team mates create for him

i.e. Whenever did Wright-Phillips do anything like that, he was constantly on the shoulder of the last defender
    You mean if he hasn't got a hat trick in the first 10 minutes then he'll be written off....another Polish Pete, Makienok etc etc
  • Options
    iaitch said:

You mean if he hasn't got a hat trick in the first 10 minutes then he'll be written off....another Polish Pete, Makienok etc etc
    Exactly... I think the fact he's Danish will count against him too

If he was a different Nationality playing elsewhere in Europe with a similar scoring record then he'd probably get more leeway

People have been burnt by Roland with his signings so a few probably see Schwartz as a similar signing
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I think he'll turn out to be the new Pavel Abbott, and you cant ask for more than that
    You could.