Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?
    Was thinking the same. Not sure it's particularly apt in the middle of a pandemic either!
    have I been whooshed twice here ?

Have you not heard the phrase before ?

Better tell them to stop playing Red Red Robin at the ground then
    Eh? I've heard the phrase, I agreed with cafcsinger I found it a bit cringe. In fairness to Henry, the reason I probably find it that way is due to an ex-girlfriends tattoo!

I'm just a kid again doing what I did again, singing a song
    When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along
    When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin'

There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts throbbin'
    There'll be no more sobbin' when he starts a throbbin' his old sweet song

Wake up, wake up you sleepy head
    Why don't you get up, get up, get out of bed, cheer up
    Live, love, laugh and be happy
    Fortunately she only had the bolded line tattooed. Just means I need to switch off towards the end of the song...
  • Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dizzle said:
    Will that be in time to play vs Hull?
    Wouldn’t have thought so I think you have to register by 12 noon the previous day of a game but don’t quote me and Cawley does say early next week which would be Monday.
    Dont worry its a perfect chance for Ronnie to start against Accrington and for the whole country to join us in solidarity as we question what the hell we've just purchased

Especially when he blazes wide from a yard out, and has a touch so heavy he scores an own goal (from the opposition half)
    Dave Shipperly did that from the centre circle around Easter 1972 against Leyton Orient to help send us down on 29th April that year when we lost the final game away to Blackpool 5-0 when a 3-0 defeat would have kept us up irc.
    I remember that own goal clearly. No one could believe what they'd just seen, let alone poor old Shipp, crouched with his head in his hands.
    Our keeper was beaten all ends up - it was spectacular; if it had been scored at the right end, it would have been goal of the season.

We'd been muddling along in mid-table all season, never in trouble ...... until that own goal and home defeat to Orient started a relegation rot that we never recovered from. 
    I think that was on Good Friday and we had a home game the next day on the Saturday and lost 3-0 to Norwich, Jim Bone hat-trick, happy days!!! 😡
  • edited December 2020
    Leuth said:
    Can't believe we've nearly done 3 pages and the word 'plaffeminister' hasn't been typed yet 
    Wait until he misses his first chance ..... and half of CL call him the 'fluffminister'.

You read it here first. 

• bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:

Post Brexit, clubs will not be able to sign players freely from the EU. Players from EU countries who want to play in the Premier League or EFL will be required to gain a GBE, like all other overseas players without the right to work in the UK.

The GBE will operate a points-based system, where points are scored for senior and talented young players based on:
    • Senior and youth international appearances
    • Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
    • Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes

Players accumulating the requisite amount of points will earn a GBE automatically, while players just below the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an Exceptions Panel.

The system meets the joint objectives of the Premier League, EFL and the FA allowing access to the best players and future talent for clubs, as well as safeguarding England teams, by ensuring opportunities for homegrown players. 

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/gbe-points-based-system-launched-011220

That will be with effect from 1 January. As long as an EU national is resident in the UK by midnight on 31 December they will be able to apply the principles of freedom of movement - they will then have until 30 June 2021 to apply for the settlement scheme. No points based visa is required.

They do not have to be employed by 31 December - just here. Assuming this is the player Bows is referring to as 'in the house' then all good.
    That's really interesting, thank you. 

I assume the word 'resident' is doing a fair bit of heavy lifting too.  Since, I imagine he hasn't got a full-time address sorted out and he can only stay overnight somewhere other than his 'main residence' thanks to a carve out clause in the tier 4 rules.  So, he's probably in an otherwise pretty bleak and sparsely-populated hotel.  

I don't know if he has family, but, to go through the process of moving country, finding somewhere to live (that is open) and to manage the process of settling the rest of the family, must be quite a challenge.  If this is the case, then good luck to him - he seems like one very determined footballer.  

(Or he's been promised a posh, rent-free, penthouse apartment overlooking the Thames...) 
  • bobmunro said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Is there anything more cringe than someone saying ‘life, love, laugh and be happy’?
    Was thinking the same. Not sure it's particularly apt in the middle of a pandemic either!

Eh? I've heard the phrase, I agreed with cafcsinger I found it a bit cringe. In fairness to Henry, the reason I probably find it that way is due to an ex-girlfriends tattoo!

Your ex-girlfriend had a tattoo of Henry?
    On her arse ? 
  • MrOneLung said:

Fortunately she only had the bolded line tattooed. Just means I need to switch off towards the end of the song...
    But where did she have it tattooed? That’s what we’re all dying to know.
  • MrOneLung said:

But where did she have it tattooed? That’s what we’re all dying to know.
    Sorry will have to leave that to all your sick imaginations
  • I have to be honest and we all have players we like and don't like so much, but I prefer Bogle to Washington. I know some will laugh at that, but I prefer his attributes. Of course Aneke is above both of them. I would like to see Bowyer try Bogle with Aneke. I think they have only had about 5 minutes together, against Ipswich, and we scored in those!
  • I have to be honest and we all have players we like and don't like so much, but I prefer Bogle to Washington. I know some will laugh at that, but I prefer his attributes. Of course Aneke is above both of them. I would like to see Bowyer try Bogle with Aneke. I think they have only had about 5 minutes together, against Ipswich, and we scored in those!
    Nah I prefer Washington to Bogle as a striker... 

Washington P17, GS6, A1
    Bogle P14, GS2, A1 

This is without even mentioning his workrate, which is much higher than Bogles.

Bogle has technical ability, but neither the willingness or effort to be consistent as shown by his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    I think Bogle has a greater potential to unsettle defenders which is what I personally prefer in an average striker, which they both are. I don't know, but I would like to see minutes on the pitch when comparing the two.
  • edited December 2020
    I think Bogle has a greater potential to unsettle defenders which is what I personally prefer in an average striker, which they both are.
    I prefer goals and assists from strikers personally.

I would agree if they were both barely scoring but 7 goal interactions in 17 games from Washington (0.411 goal interactions per game) 
    is only bettered by Aneke with 6 in 14 (0.428 goal interactions per game).
    Compared to Bogle's 3 in 14 (0.214 goal interactions per game)

Washington's work rate off the ball creates spaces too. Sure he doesn't rough players up like Bogle might, but if I have to choose between the two it's Washington every day. 

Hopefully I'll be able to say it's between Washington and Schwartz from now on. 
  • My fear is that he won't be able to adjust to the rough and tumble of League One. Delighted if proved wrong of course.
    The rough and tough on the training ground will probably put him out for six months the way things are.
    Only 6 months? Things are progressing in the medical room.
  • edited December 2020
    I think Bogle has a greater potential to unsettle defenders which is what I personally prefer in an average striker, which they both are. I don't know, but I would like to see minutes on the pitch when comparing the two.
    My thoughts are that Bogle doesn't seem to have the necessary consistent concentration and focus right now.
    He's got decent ability for the level.

If he gets his head right, he could improve rapidly and confidence will come from that.
    People often overlook that professional football is also a game of mental strength.

• Stop worrying about Schwartz. He’s definitely coming.
  • My motto is if you are not that great rough them up.
  • Just hope that he's been training with the squad for a while now so he won't take so long to get up to speed fitness wise.

He looks a great finisher, but he needs to be fit enough to get into the positions where he can score (hoping that him and Maddison strike up a beautiful, goal-tastic relationship too).

Get down that gym, Ronnie!
  • ..or keep away from the gym that Innis, Famewo and Vennings are in!
  • edited December 2020
    My motto is if you are not that great rough them up.
    I wouldn’t say Bogle really does that? At his age he’s probably not going to drastically change his game either.
  • LB: “We’ve got two lined up and ready if we can make that happen. We can’t sign anyone until the 4th because it’s a bank holiday!” #cafc

LB: “One of them is playing regularly and is ready to go. The other one hasn’t been playing regularly so we’ll need to get his fitness up to speed. He’s already in the building.” #cafc

Assume, the one not playing regularly is Schwartz
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree, he should do it more. But I think that is what I would ask of him if I was manager. He is a unit. For me Washington seems a bit too comfortable to play against. 
  • ross1 said:
    LB: “We’ve got two lined up and ready if we can make that happen. We can’t sign anyone until the 4th because it’s a bank holiday!” #cafc

LB: “One of them is playing regularly and is ready to go. The other one hasn’t been playing regularly so we’ll need to get his fitness up to speed. He’s already in the building.” #cafc

Assume, the one not playing regularly is Schwartz
    Must be!
  • I assume he has been training with us for a while. He was spotted at the Valley a few weeks back wasn't he? 
  • No Sparrow's Lane peepers these days?
  • Leuth said:
    Can't believe we've nearly done 3 pages and the word 'plaffeminister' hasn't been typed yet 
    flugelbinder?
  • I agree, he should do it more. But I think that is what I would ask of him if I was manager. He is a unit. For me Washington seems a bit too comfortable to play against. 
    Don’t disagree about Washington. He holds up the ball ok but doesn’t have the size and strength to really make it difficult for centre backs, and while he’s mobile he doesn’t have the pace to scare them (in the way that Doughty has). But that’s why he’s playing in League 1 and hasn’t impressed in the Championship. He should be able to score 10+ by the end of the season which is a good contribution for a squad striker.
  • Luckily for us, 3 years ago but some history with a serious injury.
  • Scoham said:

I'm feelin' glad all over

This:

Hideous