Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Will that be in time to play vs Hull?
  • Dizzle said:
    Will that be in time to play vs Hull?
    No... Transfer Window doesnt open until the day of the Hull game

Guess we can sign him now but I doubt we'd be allowed to register him as a player until the window opens
  • Anyone else get the horrible feeling this is going to fall through again? 
    If so then Schwartz is the biggest time waster I've ever known

What with being at the Wimbledon game etc.
    Nope
  • edited December 2020
    Dizzle said:
    Wouldn’t have thought so I think you have to register by 12 noon the previous day of a game but don’t quote me and Cawley does say start of next week which would be Monday.
  • edited December 2020
    Anyone else get the horrible feeling this is going to fall through again? 
    If so then Schwartz is the biggest time waster I've ever known

What with being at the Wimbledon game etc.
    Just find it a bit strange why it’s not done yet. He can’t be registered but the deal could still be completed. Agree though, he’s pulled out once which is my concern. 
  • Probably needs time for the outgoings to make way for him. Interesting that the ex Blackpool striker is now available. 
  • He'll be putting in his application for a work permit next week!
  • Sponsored links:

Will he get one, seeing as he's not a first team regular?
    I have to say I so much hope this guy fires us to many victories but I'm not overly optimistic.
  • edited December 2020
    Anyone know how much he has played recently?
  • edited December 2020
    https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48203

26th July: Last game for Midgetland... Played 45-mins
    22nd July: Last goal, came against Brondby, played 84-mins
    17th July... Last game he played the full match
  • edited December 2020
    RedChaser said:
    Dizzle said:
    Wouldn’t have thought so I think you have to register by 12 noon the previous day of a game but don’t quote me and Cawley does say early next week which would be Monday.
    Dont worry its a perfect chance for Ronnie to start against Accrington and for the whole country to join us in solidarity as we question what the hell we've just purchased

Especially when he blazes wide from a yard out, and has a touch so heavy he scores an own goal (from the opposition half)
    How poignant, I saw our Sam Lawrie do that nutmegged his own keeper Frank Reed from the half way line 60 years ago v Plymouth if memory serves we well 😉.
  • Anyone know how much he has played recently?

Thanks.  Hope this is not going to be one of those guys that will take weeks to get up to full match fitness then.
    Nope. Fully expecting it to be announced on Valley Pass before the Hull game.
  • Sponsored links:

Wow........ that’s not very encouraging!
  • mendonca said:

He won't be match fit but that's our speciality in transfer signings. We shouldn't stop now. 

On a plus, he's fit and been training with the squad who are in the Champions league so it's not like he's been enjoying a season break since his last set of games. If we signed a youth player on loan, the reality is that there situation would be very similar (training/youth games and no first team footie).
    I do recall him playing in a minor Cup game this season so he has definitely played since then, I just went via. Soccerbase

I think he's also been playing a bit of reserve football
  • Look at it another way.
    By the end of the season he’ll be the only player in the league not burned out.
  • Look at it another way.
    By the end of the season he’ll be the only player in the league not burned out.
    Love your optimism ;)

This isn't strictly true.

He played for them in a Danish cup match in October and although he didn't play he was on the bench for them in a Champions league tie at the start of December, so he will surely have some level of fitness.

He hasn't been sat on his arse since July.
    Will he get one, seeing as he's not a first team regular?
    I have to say I so much hope this guy fires us to many victories but I'm not overly optimistic.

He won't need one, assuming he's already in the UK.
  • edited December 2020
    Scoham said:
    Hope he’s exactly what we need, on the other hand he’s not going to be match fit and he’s adapting to a new league and country at 31.

Doesn’t sound like we’re expecting any work permit issues, what makes him eligible? He’s not a Danish international and he hasn’t played first team football in a while.
    I’m no Brexit expert on freedom of movement but what if he was signed and therefore an employee during the transition period albeit not registered ?
  • Scoham said:
    Hope he’s exactly what we need, on the other hand he’s not going to be match fit and he’s adapting to a new league and country at 31.

Doesn’t sound like we’re expecting any work permit issues, what makes him eligible? He’s not a Danish international and he hasn’t played first team football in a while.
    That is a very good question. You are thinking Brexit, right? I think there were some imports the Govt. decided they weren't going to clamp down on straight away, but that was to ease the pressure on Dover. I hope we are not smuggling him in in a container.