Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alfie Doughty - Signed for Luton for an undisclosed fee (p16)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    Bournemouth easily the most attractive offer. On 1st season down parachute payments so should be able to afford decent wages, play an attacking style of football, a good chance of promotion to the PL AND a more attractive (and nearer) place to move to than Stoke or Glasgow
    Who plays for Bournemouth who might be worth taking in part exchange? 
    Stanislaus or Solanke might do a job....
  • Would he be purely depth for Bournemouth behind Danjuma and Stanislas? 
  • edited January 2021
    I have to say, if I was Alfie with all these clubs interested, I wouldn't be pressurised to  sign now but run out my contract, and ask for the transfer fee as a nice signing on bonus, assuming that that can be allowed.

• Hal1x said:
    I have to say, if I was Alfie with all these clubs interested, I wouldn't be pressurised to  sign now but run out my contract, and ask for the transfer fee as a nice signing on bonus, assuming that that can be allowed.

I don't think Bowyer would play him tbh
  • Hal1x said:

That's irrelevant though. I agree with the OP, I'd run my contract down to demand a higher signing on fee. Having said that, any new club still has to pay compensation so doubt they're paying much more now than they would in the summer anyway. 
  • Hal1x said:

That's irrelevant though. I agree with the OP, I'd run my contract down to demand a higher signing on fee. Having said that, any new club still has to pay compensation so doubt they're paying much more now than they would in the summer anyway. 
    Not if he goes to Scotland 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Hal1x said:

The three clubs that have had bids accepted are from the Champ. 
  • shine166 said:
    Hal1x said:

Irrelevant if he runs his contract down though.
  • His gone we already replaced him with millar to end of season 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Hal1x said:

Irrelevant if he runs his contract down though.
    True but not irrelevant to the point of whether he should go now or wait until the summer when the only offers on the table are from the Champ. Although I agree if he runs his contract down he could get a decent signing on fee from someone like Celtic because their compensation fee is lower. 
  • So Alfie returning on loan as part of the deal. Wise to use up a loan spot there? 
  • Ha! Expect some tunes to change very quickly now about the ‘lack of loyalty’, when Alfie was the one who stated he was keen to finish the season with us....
  • Bit of an unusual one if he's going to be out until the middle of Feb. Especially having brought Millar in too. 
  • Hal1x said:

Exactly. Said the same a few pages back.

If you were Doughty's agent you would be telling him sit tight and I'll get you the 500k transfer fee (or whatever) as a signing on fee.

The club can't force him to go so any discussion about where we should sell him is irrelevant. 

And yes, time may prove he has dodgy hamstrings. But that will be long after he has signed a new contract somewhere else. 
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    When is he due back from injury? 
    End of Feb rings a bell 
    So he could be available for our run in.
    *cough*

I aint saying nuffink!
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    When is he due back from injury? 
    End of Feb rings a bell 
    So he could be available for our run in.
    *cough*

I aint saying nuffink!
    Nice work agent 007.5 😉
  • Bold move from whoever signs him to leave him in our elephant graveyard of a physio room. It makes sense for those teams though; Alfie can recuperate among people he knows and is comfortable with which will likely do him the world of good. It wouldn't be great to move to, say, Stoke on your own where you don't know anyone during Covid and then not even be able to play. We probably won't get much if any use out of him after he comes back from injury unless we're very lucky though.
  • Strange move as we could be in the championship with either of those clubs next season. Has Alfie not realised  theres been a takeover and we can now pay better wages when we are out of league 1?

We still have a chance of promotion this season.
  • SamB09 said:
    Strange move as we could be in the championship with either of those clubs next season. Has Alfie not realised  theres been a takeover and we can now pay better wages when we are out of league 1?

We still have a chance of promotion this season.
    Jam today is the phrase that comes to mind.
  • It's a deal where all 3 parties get something out of it. 
  • Whats the point in loaning him back?