Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• I would try to get rid of a few on the periphery or already out on loan. Oztumer for one. Then JFC. Problem is that's about it. Being really harsh you could say Oshilaja  but seeing as we are not blessed with fit centre halves atm I doubt they will go down that route. 

As I have said many times......the wage cap has fucked us. I would still like to see us exceed it & take the fine.....or even fight it through the courts. But thats just me & probably why I've been called bolshie  before.
  • It'd be good if we could at least sign the average number of players clubs signed cap deadline... 

I assume that's more than 2! Otherwise Gilbey and Washington are it! 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    We're more than covered with players who create chances and forward play from midfield? Especially with Shinnie injured?
    No, but I don’t think Levitt does that. He passes sideways, an area we have mastered. 
    He looks to get it forward. He was criticised against Sunderland for passing too ambitiously and losing it
    Didn’t look to get it forward against Northampton or Plymouth when I saw him. 
    Are you kidding? Against Plymouth he constantly fed it forward between the lines. His passing was excellent in that game. He got outmuscled by Camara a couple of times, but the ball-playing side of his game was in clear evidence. And against Northampton he was playing in a literal storm, on a bog
    I watched a different game then. He’s tidy but not what we need for me. We already have midfielders sitting deep, need someone with a bit of energy like Cullen and Gallagher provided. 
  • To me Shinnie does a similar job to Levitt as a deep playmaker
    Shinnie does it a lot lot better. Really can't see what Levitt has done so far
  • edited December 2020
    To me Shinnie does a similar job to Levitt as a deep playmaker
    Shinnie was successful at Luton playing as a number 10, banging in the goals. (If I'm not mistaken compared to our midfield).
  • edited December 2020
    To me Shinnie does a similar job to Levitt as a deep playmaker
    Shinnie was successful at Luton playing as a number 10, banging in the goals. (If I'm not mistaken).
    Only ever scored ten goals for Luton
    Shinnie was successful at Luton playing as a number 10, banging in the goals. (If I'm not mistaken).
    No 10/attacking midfield?
    Shinnie does it a lot lot better. Really can't see what Levitt has done so far
    Indeed, a seasoned pro instead of a kid

I can't see United being happy with Levitt getting no game time, any more than we would be if a talented youngster of ours was benchwarming in L2
  • We signed Levitt at a time when it was one out one in, so we either really desperately wanted him, or more likely he was the best option we could get under that embargo and sadly for him things got very different soon after he arrived
  • Sponsored links:

No 10/attacking midfield?
    Shinnie played on the right of the diamond for the majority of the time. Elliot Lee played as a 10 for Luton a lot that season.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    I would say by the question asked to Thomas tonight about Ronnie schwartz he will be joining in January by his answer 
    Yep almost a certainty 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    I would say by the question asked to Thomas tonight about Ronnie schwartz he will be joining in January by his answer 
    Unless he changes his mind again, after all he was minutes from signing last time

Of course the difference this time round is the fact that FC Midtjylland are no longer in Europe this season, so staying in Denmark and potentially facing the likes of Liverpool and Ajax could have been another reason (albeit slim) for him to wait a little longer
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Unless he changes his mind again, after all he was minutes from signing last time

Of course the difference this time round is the fact that FC Midtjylland are no longer in Europe this season, so staying in Denmark and potentially facing the likes of Liverpool and Ajax could have been another reason (albeit slim) for him to wait a little longer
    Covid would also have been a concern, it's hardly an ideal time to move country, especially to one with a far worse problem
  • Leuth said:
    We're more than covered with players who create chances and forward play from midfield? Especially with Shinnie injured?
    Not ones with pace.
  • Levitt might just get a second chance depending on just how annoyed Bowyer is with Williams and if there's any sort of reconciliation there. 

I'm not commenting on whether that would be the right thing to do or not of course, just raising the possibility.
    Shinnie at Luton played the "Assist the assist" role.

It was his eye for the killer defence-splitting pass to feed the overlapping fullback, who crossed for Collins to score.

Now that's how we need to play at Charlton.

• If schwartz is a done deal, I’m assuming he will arrive shortly, isolate fir 2 weeks then train with the squad ready for an early jan start?
  • Sponsored links:

• If schwartz is a done deal, I’m assuming he will arrive shortly, isolate fir 2 weeks then train with the squad ready for an early jan start?
    Surprised he is not here already and then home for Christmas. That said, I am not sure I would have the same opinion if it was one of our players moving on.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Covid would also have been a concern, it's hardly an ideal time to move country, especially to one with a far worse problem
    Very fair point indeed 
  • The day after the last window shut I said we are definitely one striker light after the on, off, on, off  move of Thomas Swartz.  Felt sure that we needed another goal scorer striker because we only had Aneke and Washington and major doubts if Bogle could score many goals at League 1 level.
    Smyth is not a striker for me. More of a wide player who will chip in with a couple of goals.

Steve Gallen was working on bringing in a striker since the window shut. 

As Swartz hardly plays now he will be moving on somewhere. Thomas would love to get this deal done as it was his shout in the first place. 
  • The day after the last window shut I said we are definitely one striker light after the on, off, on, off  move of Thomas Swartz.  Felt sure that we needed another goal scorer striker because we only had Aneke and Washington and major doubts if Bogle could score many goals at League 1 level.
    Smyth is not a striker for me. More of a wide player who will chip in with a couple of goals.

As Swartz hardly plays now he will be moving on somewhere. Thomas would love to get this deal done as it was his shout in the first place. 
    I'm extremely confident the Schwartz deal is agreed.
    Mind you if he's not played for 6 months, how fit will he be? 

As fit as Bogle was.......and Maddison.....and even Ben Reeves.

Seems we like signing players who aren't match fit

As fit as Bogle was.......and Maddison.....and even Ben Reeves.

Seems we like signing players who aren't match fit
    Most teams will be in the same position. With no income for nearly a year, which teams will be splashing the cash? Most jan signings will be freebies for players that haven’t played much this season

He's obviously not going to be fully match fit but he's not been sat on his arse for months.

He played in a Danish cup tie and was on their bench for a champions league game last month, so he's clearly still been training with the team.

I have a feeling he'll probably say his goodbyes when the Danish league finishes for its winter break and then come over here to start his isolation/train with the team so he's ready to play as early into January as possible. Perhaps Hull on the 2nd might be too soon, but hopefully he's ready to play some part v Accrington on the 9th Jan.