Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    If he doesn't sign an extension, will he be frozen out of the team? 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    We’re getting into squeaky bum time with Doughty’s contract - He can start negotiating with Celtic next month. 

Is it safe to assume he won’t sign? Surely something would have been sorted by now, especially now that we have a more than competent owner.
    Pretty much resigned to him not signing an extension with us, probably our best hope is an EFL club picks him up but can't really see that happening either
    Agreed. Like Aribo, I hear his agent is more than happy to run the contract down and see what happens at the end of the season.

I personally think he’s mad not to sign. With an injury like his he could be half the speed he once was, or at least much less likely to make those typical long stride runs.

I wonder if Bowyer plays him or not? He’s drawn a line in the sand with the whole Phillips fiasco. If he goes back on that now it doesn’t reflect well on the management team. 

• Options
    MattF said:
    We’re getting into squeaky bum time with Doughty’s contract - He can start negotiating with Celtic next month. 

Is it safe to assume he won’t sign? Surely something would have been sorted by now, especially now that we have a more than competent owner.
    Pretty much resigned to him not signing an extension with us, probably our best hope is an EFL club picks him up but can't really see that happening either
    Hopefully Fulham will show interest again
  • Options
    MattF said:

Agreed. Like Aribo, I hear his agent is more than happy to run the contract down and see what happens at the end of the season.

I personally think he’s mad not to sign. With an injury like his he could be half the speed he once was, or at least much less likely to make those typical long stride runs.

I wonder if Bowyer plays him or not? He’s drawn a line in the sand with the whole Phillips fiasco. If he goes back on that now it doesn’t reflect well on the management team. 

His refusal to sign made a lot more sense before he got injured, his main selling point is now a total unknown.

I think Bowyer maybe left himself enough room with the Phillips situation to argue that was a unique case based on having another keeper waiting to sign, whereas he can probably argue in Doughty's case that there isn't a replacement if he drops him.
  • Options
    MattF said:

Hopefully Fulham will show interest again
    Remember it was rumoured over the summer that English clubs were interested but not publicly, but that's not much use to his agent
  • Options
    Luton made a bid didn't they?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    MattF said:

Oh Phillips another Bow treated badly, who even made himself available to play and Bowyer refused to use.
  • Options
    Yeah you could be right.
  • Options
    MattF said:

Another reason why we need to get promoted this season. If we don't then he certainly wont be sticking around. Promoted & with TS writing the cheques he might well sign a new contract. Also depends on whether Bows gets the hump with him or not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:

Where have you heard this?

Gallen specifically said in his Q&A with Bromley Addicks that there is a willingness from all sides, unlike the Aribo situation where the agent was not interested no matter how much they tried.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Sage said:
    MattF said:

Where have you heard this?

Gallen specifically said in his Q&A with Bromley Addicks that there is a willingness from all sides, unlike the Aribo situation where the agent was not interested no matter how much they tried.
    That could be right. Things change so quickly in football so who knows. 

Sandgaard’s son has previously hinted to me that Doughty isn’t looking to sign and is waiting to access his options - we’re now looking at players to fill that gap. I’ve interpreted that as his agent being the influencing factor, as I can’t imagine a local lad like Alfie would be too keen to move elsewhere at 20. 

The situation may be different to Aribo’s, but it seems almost certain that the outcome will be the same.
  • Options
    TBH I'll be massively disappointed if Doughty goes. 

I'd begrudgingly take Thomas and Fraser for Doughty and F.Caskey if they were possible transfers. 

Do we still have that Ruben Carvalho playing with us? He looks like he could be an exciting player too. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    We need a reliable striker that can play three games a week and either get a number of goals or contribute significantly to the team.  Let's be honest, Bogle and Smyth have contributed very little.  Personally, I would recall Davison as well.
    I asked the question a couple of weeks ago and was told that we won’t be recalling Davison as we want to buy a striker. 

I asked if it was Schwartz and what I got back was “look out for January 1st”. 
    I’m not doubting you but wasn’t Schwartz a done deal is September but the never materialised. What has changed?
  • Options
    Anyone else think this Schwartz situation is a bit weird, he does look decent but why hasnt he been playing ? if we do get him in Jan by the time he is match fit and recovered from the injury he is almost certain to pick up when he joins us the season will be over lol
  • Options
    Will Schwartz get a work permit post Brexit?
  • Options
    It was mentioned by someone on Twitter that we should try and sign Jesper Lindstrom who is from Denmark. I think it is the Law that we must have someone from Denmark in the squad and this kid looks to have a bright future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever else, I don't think Lapslie can be accused of being a player who bottles a challenge.
    Concussion anyone?
  • Options
    When did Gallen say that one transfer is basically done? Anyone able to enlighten me?

• Options
    When did Gallen say that one transfer is basically done? Anyone able to enlighten me?

He said that they were very confident about one transfer at Bromley Addicks a couple of weeks ago
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Anyone else think this Schwartz situation is a bit weird, he does look decent but why hasnt he been playing ? if we do get him in Jan by the time he is match fit and recovered from the injury he is almost certain to pick up when he joins us the season will be over lol
    This. He won't be up to speed fitness wise & will get an injury because we try to play him earlier than we should. Aneke 19/20 mark 2.
  • Options
    but I don't like what I have seen so far this season, the football is uninspiring with too much sideways/backwards passing and little wing play
    Only really since Alfie and now Smyth are injured.  We now have no wide players or pace hence looking so flat.
    It's a shame as we've certainly missed their pace and width.