Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer seems keener on Levitt than on Lapslie, at least. I also think Levitt would have gotten recent minutes but for his bout of Covid. Of course, he's a different player to Lapslie - he won't hare into the opposition box, but he will find our forward players with accuracy. 

What we really need is wingers, as Garrymanilow says above. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Let's put loyalty and sentiment aside: I love how someone we know has poor passing and ball control and who's doing well at the bottom of League Two will definitely sort out our midfield, whereas a Wales first-team regular who's been awarded MOM on one of his three league appearances so far should be fucked off because he's not one of our own, or something 
    Which one is having the better season and is in form?

Levitt was signed pre takeover. I always felt he was signed as a body rather than a player bowyer wanted. If this is the case, move him on and call back a committed in form Charlton contracted player.

if I’m wrong, give levitt some minutes (when out of isolation)
  • Options
    Is Sorba Thomas the one we have essentially got wrapped up btw? 
  • Options
    If we can get someone better in, i'd loan out Deji after Christmas.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If it is, why don’t we announce it and send him back on loan until jan. Are boreham wood full time? Get him in now and integrate him into the squad and full time training
  • Options
    I've seen Sorba Thomas on the telly and he is useful but is not a prolific scorer .. recall Lapslie .. another big experienced centre back .. at least one consistent goal scorer (who are as rare as hens teeth and as hard to find and expensive as diamonds) 
    The problem is going to be the salary cap when competing with (especially) Championship clubs for high quality and available players. 

stating the obvious, our BIG need is to keep players healthy and to somehow reduce the injuries that are constantly affecting our players .. perhaps in January we need to sign a physiotherapist or six, an orthopaedic surgeon and a miracle worker
  • Options
    If we are still looking at a Sorba Thomas type player then Joel Randall at Exeter looks a decent prospect. I'm sure Matt Taylor wouldn't sell us a dud!
  • Options
    Levitt is cheap

He also gives us another international to "make sure" we have international breaks off...
  • Options
    I heard we are after Liam Miller a striker at Liverpool. 
  • Options
    Think we were linked a few times in the summer with him so wouldnt surprise
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wiki says that his dad played for Charlton, could that be Paul ? (I don't think it can be) .. Liam is a striker who has scored just 2 goals in 33 games whilst on loan at Kilmarnock! .. never played a first team game for Liverpool or Fulham
  • Options
    Wiki says that his dad played for Charlton, could that be Paul ? (I don't think it can be) .. Liam is a striker who has scored just 2 goals in 33 games whilst on loan at Kilmarnock! .. never played a first team game for Liverpool or Fulham
    Alan Millar is Liam Millar's dad. I don't remember him at all.
  • Options
    With Doughty back in February and Innis about the same time, I think we need a striker who will play every game unless injured and then for the rest of the present squad to get their fingers out and start performing to the best of their ability, which is not happening at the moment
  • Options
    Schwartz I'm not sure on still, we clearly really want him, but having been frozen out of his club, he's barely played for 6 months now
  • Options
    Second to the list - So long as he's confirmed as a target you're good. If nothing is confirmed this'll go to withdrawn.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    It’s Ronnie Schwartz, It’s been strongly hinted to me that it’s done. We’re also getting a very good attacking midfielder on loan, but who knows. 

I’d be happy with Sorba Thomas and a contract extension for Doughty.
    First listing of the window... 
    List Martin Sandgaard not me haha
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    It’s Ronnie Schwartz, It’s been strongly hinted to me that it’s done. We’re also getting a very good attacking midfielder on loan, but who knows. 

He's your source :smile:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:

He's your source :smile:
    Touché 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sign him up, another striker who doesn't score goals just what we need.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    With Doughty back in February and Innis about the same time, I think we need a striker who will play every game unless injured and then for the rest of the present squad to get their fingers out and start performing to the best of their ability, which is not happening at the moment
    I don't think Doughty will really be 'back' in February. He might be healed by then but it'll probably be a solid month before Bowyer is happy playing him regularly. The way he eased Pearce back in will likely be a roadmap for what happens with Alfie and it's slow (which is good. No more Igors please. I still feel guilty about him).
  • Options
    Sign him up, another striker who doesn't score goals just what we need.
    my thoughts exactly
  • Options
    Scott Fraser (MK Dons) In, Jake Forster-Caskey Out. No idea if wages would be similar.

Assume Sorba Thomas is the pace but is he likely to start enough games to make a difference?
  • Options
    Scott Fraser (MK Dons) In, Jake Forster-Caskey Out. No idea if wages would be similar.

Would be happy with that. 

• Options

Assume Sorba Thomas is the pace but is he likely to start enough games to make a difference?
    Is this a rumour or a hope?
  • Options
    Hopeful suggestion
  • Options
    We’re getting into squeaky bum time with Doughty’s contract - He can start negotiating with Celtic next month. 

Is it safe to assume he won’t sign? Surely something would have been sorted by now, especially now that we have a more than competent owner.
  • Options
    We’re getting into squeaky bum time with Doughty’s contract - He can start negotiating with Celtic next month. 

Is it safe to assume he won’t sign? Surely something would have been sorted by now, especially now that we have a more than competent owner.
    Pretty much resigned to him not signing an extension with us, probably our best hope is an EFL club picks him up but can't really see that happening either