Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we be champions

In the last 10 seasons 95+ point is the most needed to win the title . . . Title was won by as little as 84 points in 2012/13 by Doncaster. . . Pro rata after 10 games we are on target for 105.8 pts . . . We won the title in 2011/12 with 101 points . . . Just saying . . 👍

Comments

• Options
    With 4 good Captains in the squad (Pearce/Pratley/Watson/Gunter) we have every chance of taking this league by storm. 
    Need Maddison and Bogle to start getting goals though. 
  • Options
    Best left until Easter.
  • Options
    Probably 
  • Options
    If we win our next league game I may just have to start up one of my "countdown to promotion" threads. 
  • Options
    Unless we get a major injury crisis or Paul Elliott miraculous snatches the club back, I’d say it’s between us and Peterborough 
  • Options
    I think we will go up in either first or second place.
  • Options
    Simple answer......

No.
  • Options
    Unless we get a major injury crisis or Paul Elliott miraculous snatches the club back, I’d say it’s between us and Peterborough 
    Far too early to make such claims. 

Let’s see where we are in Jan, and how we are with injuries.

if we are in a position to go for it, it sounds like there could be just enough wriggle room for some more transfers manoeuvres from Thomas that could make the difference 
    This. Saying it’s between us and Peterborough is daft at this point. 
  • Options
    we are we are looking excellent 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simple answer......

No.
    Remind me, how many points were you predicting after 12 games?
  • Options
    Discussed this subject on betting thread. Don’t think we will create enough chances per match to win title. Fleetwood match was promising on that end. 

Think we will finish 2nd. Can’t see anything out of top 6. 70 points to finish in top 6. Need 48 points from next 36 match. Very low target. Mid table teams will need that number of points 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    we are we are
  • Options
    Hope so as I got 40/1 during out stupid time just before start of season with no players and didn't have a clue who actually owned us!!
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's a big total required for both automatic and playoffs this year. 6 or 7 sides are clearly better than the rest so it'll be a proper spread-out league. Need to see the midfield properly clicking regularly before any bold claims about champions can be made, but we'll be top 6 I reckon, top 2 remains tough, there are teams playing like good, established teams already, which we're not yet. I do think we have the best defence in the league, though, wouldn't swap it for any, and that's a huge plus.
  • Options
    Agree with golfie. Don’t think we are quite as good as some people seem to think. Don’t get me wrong I think we’ll be there or there abouts for a playoff but I think top two is just a stretch this year. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I think Chris Powell referred to it as ‘one aim’ whether he meant getting out of the division or winning the title I don’t know.

Theres so many things to sort out first the ‘noises’ by Elliott, the recurring injury / physio team needs fixing.

I want to jump on the fickle bus, but we had a cracking start last season and ended up getting relegated!

I would be absolutely gutted if we got to the playoff finals at Wembley, and fans still weren’t allowed in , so heck yeah let’s make sure we get automatic promotion.
  • Options
    I think other teams around us may be playing at their top levels. I think we have levels to get to with a fully fit and integrated squad. I think we might do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too early to predict. It's not as if our good run has left us clear at the top, there's a whole group of sides who've started well
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Looking at the fixture list there are some tricky months, particularly April, (I’ve got the fixtures printed off and put on my fridge, where I write in the scores) so would like to build up a head of steam beforehand.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Shame we can’t sign Lua Lua.
  • Options
    I hate threads like this. This time last year, people were going on about the play offs. The few who mentioned that it was a long season were shot down!

As one of the few genuine judges (no rose tinted bullshit) on here I’ve good news for you we’re gonna be in the mix 

22% Automatic promotion 
    73% Play offs 
    5%   7th-12th 
  • Options
    Looking at the fixture list there are some tricky months, particularly April, (I’ve got the fixtures printed off and put on my fridge, where I write in the scores) so would like to build up a head of steam beforehand.
    Christmas will tell us a lot too

Home to Plymouth on the 26th, away to Posh on the 29th then away to Hull on the 2nd. That's 2 consecutive tough away matches
  • Options
    Its between us and us.
    Surely this teamwill just get better and better.
    These players need time to gel, 6/7 players in our starting lineup the last few games who weren't even with us last season.
  • Options
    Whoever wins the mini league of the top handful of clubs will be champions. We have as good a shout as anyone, but it's too early to call
  • Options
    Christmas will tell us a lot too

Home to Plymouth on the 26th, away to Posh on the 29th then away to Hull on the 2nd. That's 2 consecutive tough away matches
    Yes, December is as usual a heavy month, hoping the players we’ve got on international duty come back unscathed.
  • Options
    I hate threads like this. This time last year, people were going on about the play offs. The few who mentioned that it was a long season were shot down!

As one of the few genuine judges (no rose tinted bullshit) on here I’ve good news for you we’re gonna be in the mix 

22% Automatic promotion 
    73% Play offs 
    5%   7th-12th 
    Don’t forget that we have 26 matches left after the transfer window reopens. Got to imagine we will improve this window and not the weaken the side. I.e when we’ve sold Holmes, Grant & Lookman etc in January.
  • Options
    We will piss it.