Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

International captains

I saw that Chris Gunter is captaining Wales this evening in their match against the USA. When was the last time a Charlton player captained an international team? Did either Mark Kinsella or Matt Holland do that or do we have to go back to Jorge Costa? Somebody knows this I’m sure...

Comments

• edited November 2020
    Shaun Bartlett?
  • Scott Parker was England Captain - Unless you mean whilst they were at the club?

Zheng Zhi must have captained China when he was with us
  • Kiely, Hermann, Fish?
  • Taylor
    even I've captained a pub team.
  • Chris Powell vs Spain in 2001?
  • Ignore me, it was becks as captain for that game. 
  • edited November 2020
    Scott Parker was England Captain - Unless you mean whilst they were at the club?

Talking of Zheng Zhi he picked up an injury in their last game so didn't play today, but can you believe he is still playing for a top Chinese team(Guangzou Evergrande)  at the age of 40, I watched him play 90 minutes against Beijing Guoan a couple of weeks ago 
  • Graham Moore was the first welsh captain I can remember in my time about 1968/1969.
    Sure Theo Foley was captain of Eire in his last game for Eire about the same time as Graham Moore.
  • Leighton Phillips possibly
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott Parker was England Captain - Unless you mean whilst they were at the club?

Talking of Zheng Zhi he picked up an injury in their last game so didn't play today, but can you believe he is still playing for a top Chinese team(Guangzou Evergrande)  at the age of 40, I watched him play 90 minutes against Beijing Guoan a couple of weeks ago 
    Says a lot about the state of Chinese Football unfortunately

They've played a game less but are eight points behind Syria in their World Cup Qualifying Group and are level on points with the Philippines