Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby takeover

Anyone else seen the Athletic article about the Derby takeover?

Sounds just as bad as ESI 1. For those without an Athletic subscription here’s the key points:

- Led by a Dubai Sheikh, who’s not actually a Sheikh and should be called “His Excellency” rather than “His Highness”
- Runs a “fund with loads of money”
- Has tried previous takeovers of other clubs but failed each time at the proof of funds stage 
- His previous takeover attempt of Liverpool revolved around getting 3rd party investment to fund it 
- The other individuals involved have been involved in numerous failed ventures in the past, including football and rugby clubs

Sorry if there’s already a thread on this, but I wasn’t able to find one.

Comments

• The equivalent of the ADBD website found here
    http://binzayed.com/chairmanprofile.htm

That article in The Athletic doesn't make particularly encouraging reading for Derby fans
  • Anyone else seen the Athletic article about the Derby takeover?

Sounds just as bad as ESI 1. For those without an Athletic subscription here’s the key points:

- Led by a Dubai Sheikh, who’s not actually a Sheikh and should be called “His Excellency” rather than “His Highness”
    - Runs a “fund with loads of money”
    - Has tried previous takeovers of other clubs but failed each time at the proof of funds stage 
    - His previous takeover attempt of Liverpool revolved around getting 3rd party investment to fund it 
    - The other individuals involved have been involved in numerous failed ventures in the past, including football and rugby clubs

Sorry if there’s already a thread on this, but I wasn’t able to find one.
    Must admit i hadn't read much in depth about it.

Saw a headline a week or so ago, saying the guy taking them over was Sheikh Mansour's cousin and had previously tried to buy Liverpool and Newcastle. So from that i assumed he was legit and seriously wealthy.

Having read that it sounds like a disaster and they'll be on their way to league one.
  • Sounds a bit deja vu ish.
  • Derby deserve to have the book thrown at them, but they don't quite deserve ESI
  • Surely not, I thought these were the guys who tried to buy Newcastle? 

You’d have thought Sky would have dug something up as they’ve spent every day for the past year talking about it.
  • These guys were trying to buy Newcastle a while back but didn’t get that far apparently. It was well before the much more credible Saudi lot got involved, which is the one that got rejected by the Premier League
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds a bit deja vu ish. 
    So 6 lols, followed by 4 lols - hmm is it worth maybe 2 lols for a third time?

I'll get me coat.
  • bobmunro said:
    Sounds a bit deja vu ish. 
    So 6 lols, followed by 4 lols - hmm is it worth maybe 2 lols for a third time?

I'll get me coat.
    It's deja vu all over again!
  • just read it. While I'm not particularly warm towards Derby after cheating with the Rooney deal and selling the stadium to themselves, it sounds like another set of chancers looking to skim money off and the fans will be the losers.

• Poor poor Derby fans 

Just a deluded as we were when our fake Sheikh took over.

Seen a few fans on twitter say now Cocu has gone, when the takeover is confirmed they will get someone like Rafa in