Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Rob7Lee said:
    Interesting one this, as allegedly to purchase the club is £200m, so not really sure what their game/plan is here.
    I imagine the deal will be highly leveraged, à la Man. Utd.
    You still need someone to loan you the money for a leveraged takeover. Who in their right minds would do that when Burnley's assets are modest, their revenue streams are so shaky and there liabilities so large? It just doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    Sky indicating it's just a wait now for the Premier League to rubber stamp the deal

• Options
    What’s the name of the journo who “wrote” the Times Farnell PR piece? They need to go on the blacklist. I recognise all that shit. He’s got a way with journos though. And it helps him that he is a gobby sport lawyer. Football Journos who dont know about him are extra wary of crossing him too quickly.

Good work by the Burnley guy quoted by @Addickted though, re Kashashy.  Can you recall or look up his handle please ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dear oh dear. Vermin
  • Options
    Since this news broke I have come to realise just how oblivious football fans are to what goes on at other clubs.

Not surprising people like Farnell can go from club to club.
    Players and managers too

Tim Flowers taking the Macclesfield job 2 or 3 weeks before the club folded. I also remember Michael Appleton taking the Blackpool job when the club was a complete basket case under the Oystons, and him being oblivious to this
  • Options
    What’s the name of the journo who “wrote” the Times Farnell PR piece? They need to go on the blacklist. I recognise all that shit. He’s got a way with journos though. And it helps him that he is a gobby sport lawyer. Football Journos who dont know about him are extra wary of crossing him too quickly.

Good work by the Burnley guy quoted by @Addickted though, re Kashashy.  Can you recall or look up his handle please ? 
    WalkdenClaret
  • Options
    A big con, who'd a thunk it.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Burnley fans need to think about what happened to Portsmouth as well as Bury, Macclesfield, Wigan, us. Farnell/El Kashashy takeover will see them in L1 within 3 years as they rinse the club for every penny. Dyche will be gone and Dave Jones will be in charge.  They ought to be able to attract a decent owner given the stability of the club and ability of Dyche. I wouldn't wish the Dodgy Duo on Millwall or Palace. 
    How about Millwall AND Palace?  Farnell can have one, El Cash the other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    " You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" applies to some Burnley fans.

We can only provide first hand experiences with these charlatans and give them a solid warning.

I think its fair to say we have a fair amount of experience with dodgy characters at our football club...
  • Options
    Since this news broke I have come to realise just how oblivious football fans are to what goes on at other clubs.

Not surprising people like Farnell can go from club to club.

With fanzines and social media the information is out there but just like Charlton fans over the last few years anyone seems better than the incumbent.
    Duchatelet in Cafc case and Mike Garlick who appears to run Burnley like a championship club. You wouldn't believe they have had all the TV money over the last few years for being in the premier.
    Not knocking him for not spending money like Leeds did back in the day but Garlick doesn't seem to have the balance right.
    Sean Dyche will seek pastures new.

Had a good 10 minute chat with Alistair Campbell last season as we reached London on a train after the Wigan match, no Brexit talk which was a relief to him and why we only talked about Burnley and how he has been a fan for over 50 years.
    He was surprised at my knowledge of Burnley players from Ray Pointer, Ralph Coates, Dave Thomas but not so much about my info on Nick Pope and Gudmundsson.

The great thing was it was just two middle age football geeks chatting, not an ex political spin doctor and a soap box orator.

It will be interesting to hear his views if this gains any momentum. 

Farnell is a wrong un.
    Campbell is a really good guy. 

Extremely easy to talk to. 

Nothing like his public image. His various books are worth reading as well. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure the Burnley fans can do a massive amount anyway. Ultimately the people who will decide on this are the current owners (Garlick & Co) and the Premier League. Have fan protests ever stopped a takeover?

For all our protests, the game changer was ESI, Farnell, PE etc failing specific EFL tests, and Sandgaard coming on the scene to buy us.
  • Options

The comments on this post are crazy

People acting like Burnley are lucky to be getting them WTF
  • Options
    Closer to home. What does this mean regarding the Court case?

I can't see them wanting their dirty laundry discussed. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Closer to home. What does this mean regarding the Court case?

I can't see them wanting their dirty laundry discussed. 
    It would suggest that Farnell and co have moved on...
  • Options
    One of the last groups to try and buy Bury before they were expelled was C&N Sporting risk, co-founded by Harry Newman and Rory Campbell - Alistair's son.

Given Farnell's involvement with Bury at that point, I can't imagine it would be too difficult for Alistair to find out a little more about Farnell's reputation and dealings in football.
  • Options
    Unfortunately alot of Burnley fans will take this at face value and think this is an improvement on their current situation, just like most of us did back in December, and why wouldnt they ? after all the idea that people can step in, buy a club without putting any money in, flog off anything worthwhile, lie and cheat everyone along the way. This is all beyond the realms of any kind of rational thought isnt it ? unless you happen to be a Bury or CAFC fan !!!

This is how Farnell gets away with it because nobody would believe it possible
  • Options
    Can this go on the shenanigans thread?