Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    another nice traditional club potentially falling into the hands of a dodgy foreigner backed by an even dodgier Brit .. what are the 'football authorities;' thinking' .. all I can think is that owner Mike Garlick is keen to cut his losses and come away with a few quid .. excuse the pun but this stinks more than the (previous?) owner's name .. Bob Lord will be turning in his grave
  • Options
    Strange they have proved the funds with the EFL
    Wonder how long it will be before Elliott and
    Mouthall are mentioned to complete the consortium 
    Obviously CAFC was intended to be a stepping stone
    to this latest shameful fiasco with Burnley, and to be
    used as a fundraiser, disgusting and sickening for Burnley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Headline is misleading as they don't appear to have agreed a deal.

They have history of going public and saying they have done deals when they have not.

Whether this is true or an attempt to make them look like big players i don't know but I suspect there is an element of "look at me, look at me".

When the Burnley "deal" doesn't happen, they will be hoping to lure in a few other clubs like Wigan or Southend or whoever is struggling. Fans and owners will think "We'll they are loaded, Burnley's loss is our gain, get them in"

Speculation on my part.  Let's see what happens but even if it turns out to be true El K has £200m (which I doubt) I'm still glad we got Sandgaard instead,
    That makes sense

a) I'd be staggered if they had £200m to buy a club, and unlike with Roland there would be no "pay £1, pay the rest later" deals. Garlick will want the money now

b) I don't see how they could make a financial return on £200m. Burnley have a small fanbase, and the land where the ground is would be worth peanuts. The playing squad isn't worth £200m, especially in a fire sale. And without fans in they'll be making a loss as well
  • Options
    Headline is misleading as they don't appear to have agreed a deal.

They have history of going public and saying they have done deals when they have not.

Whether this is true or an attempt to make them look like big players i don't know but I suspect there is an element of "look at me, look at me".

When the Burnley "deal" doesn't happen, they will be hoping to lure in a few other clubs like Wigan or Southend or whoever is struggling. Fans and owners will think "We'll they are loaded, Burnley's loss is our gain, get them in"

Speculation on my part.  Let's see what happens but even if it turns out to be true El K has £200m (which I doubt) I'm still glad we got Sandgaard instead,
    "Forewarned is forearmed"  and even if Burnley are a smokescreen for their real target, it's not as if they haven't left and won't continue to leave an audit trail longer than the miles recorded on Mo Farrah's fitbit!
  • Options
    I have just checked my calendar to make sure it isn't April 1st. Totally dumbstruck by this. I hope Burnley fans are ready for the fight, otherwise it will most certainly end in tears.
    This.

Are we living in some kind of alternative universe?  I'm having trouble believing that this might actually happen.

Good luck, Burnley.  You'll need it.
  • Options
    Hope for their sake this doesn’t happen or we could have another Bolton waiting to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Currently not on other news channels & that link was to the Mirror.  Not a done deal in any manner of speaking. 
    Yeah I wonder if Farnell is trying to use the press in a similar fashion to how Sandgaard used the SLP

Ah yeah... I imagine Farnell's new mate the PR guru and ex Mirror journo James Fletcher put them on to it.
  • Options
    Let's hope there's as much scrutiny in this deal as there was in the Newcastle/Saudi deal. 

• Options
    The Cheshire-based lawyer was handed a ban after issues arose during an attempt to buy Charlton earlier this year.

Farnell subsequently appealed against the decision and the ban was withdrawn, although he did serve a a five-week disqualification period which ended on 14 September.”

This guy is an absolute disgrace and a five week ban is nowhere near enough punishment for what he did to us. He’ll be feeling cocky again now that he’s got away with yet another disgusting situation. 

I guess Farnell got rejected because he'd was acting both as Lawyer for Charlton and a Director of ESI so the conflict meant he couldnt be approved

His argument for the appeal was probably based on the fact that he removed himself from the COI with the ban a ticking off telling him he should have known better
  • Options
    I tried to contact Alastair Campbell about this via Twitter but as I am clueless about how to use it it might go nowhere.
    Whatever we think we must put a spike in Farnell’s wheel.
  • Options
    £200m?  Either complete fantasy or they borrow the money from somewhere and then load the debt on to the club, a la Glazers at ManUre.
    Who'd lend £200m against a club that has limited sponsorship appeal, no foreign revenue streams, an iffy squad and the potential to be relegated?
  • Options
    Put the pair of them in a room with the coachload of Burnley fans we ‘encountered’ in the Horse and Groom about 25 years ago.

Spoiled my pre-match drink that day. Naughty.
  • Options
    £200m?  Either complete fantasy or they borrow the money from somewhere and then load the debt on to the club, a la Glazers at ManUre.
    Who'd lend £200m against a club that has limited sponsorship appeal, no foreign revenue streams, an iffy squad and the potential to be relegated?
    In the current environment you'd be mad to buy a football club as a means of making a quick buck

Especially for a non Big 6 (and perhaps Everton) Premier League club, where there's always the risk of relegation
  • Options
    Put the pair of them in a room with the coachload of Burnley fans we ‘encountered’ in the Horse and Groom about 25 years ago.
    I read a very good book on their Suicide Squad firm recently. Not your typical hoolie book but they have some pretty mental fans. 

Feel sorry for them if this is true