Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Smyth on loan from QPR (following progress at Leyton Orient p8)

Comments

• robroy said:
    That’s annoying, will need a new right back now to replace him 
    Maatsen :smile:
  • No great loss. He’s no Josh Cullen or Kristian Beilik
  • Pleased about this. Frees up some of the budget to get someone better in 
  • Scoham said:
    Millar’s not been here long but you can see the difference between him and Smyth - Millar looks more technical and stronger, he dribbles past players far more easily than Smyth could.
    Very true.  Millar has a trick or a turn of pace.  Smyth knocks it past the player and tries to get past but often fails.  If that hasn't worked he will try the same thing again and again.  Millar will mix it up

Definitely a player that was brought in at a time when we were looking for something at a specific price in a specific position and that nobody else seemed to want.  We are shopping in a slightly different shop now so he is surplus to requirements
  • Okay, Smyth is going back ..... in my way of thinking, someone new is coming in.

We still need a wide player.

I don't think we were paying much of his wages & looking at the recent tweet it might have been supplemented by part of Bonne's fee.

I think its more about freeing up a place, rather than wages. 
  • I hope we can replace him with someone decent from a premier league club 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Okay, Smyth is going back ..... in my way of thinking, someone new is coming in.

Not as much as we need a CENTRAL DEFENDER !! ((:>)
  • Oggy Red said:
    Okay, Smyth is going back ..... in my way of thinking, someone new is coming in.

We'll probably bring in a striker!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Doesn't how much you shout, Lincs ..... it's not me you need to convince.  :smile:

• It's still not clear as to the actual reason for this. All I've seen is personal opinion. 
    I don't think we were paying much of his wages & looking at the recent tweet it might have been supplemented by part of Bonne's fee.

I think its more about freeing up a place, rather than wages. 
    I thought there was always an option for either club to cancel in January?
  • edited January 2021
    I would be surprised if Bogle agreed to leave for the sort of club which would want to sign him now! His agent can use the next few months to find as suitable a move for him as possible.
  • Thought Smyth looked very good early on but in the few chances he's had more recently he's not been the pacey threat that I'd hoped he'd be. Wish him all the best though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be surprised if Bogle agreed to leave for the sort of club which would want to sign him now! His agent can use the next few months to find as suitable a move for him as possible.
    Remember he has an option for a second year, if its the same as Amos's not playing won't necessarily stop him triggering it.  I think we might be paying for signing Omar for a while yet.

With Smyth yet another winger/attacking player Bowyer has publicly said he "wanted for ages" then not had the first idea of what to do with him.  Played in 4 different positions in about 10 games.

Either Bowyer is telling porkie pies when we sign these players or he thinks he can change them. 
  • edited January 2021
    Where’s our cover for right wing back now 🤷‍♂️
    Maynard-Brewer.... if he gets injured then any left footed player will do. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I would be surprised if Bogle agreed to leave for the sort of club which would want to sign him now! His agent can use the next few months to find as suitable a move for him as possible.
    Remember he has an option for a second year, if its the same as Amos's not playing won't necessarily stop him triggering it.  I think we might be paying for signing Omar for a while yet.

With Smyth yet another winger/attacking player Bowyer has publicly said he "wanted for ages" then not had the first idea of what to do with him.  Played in 4 different positions in about 10 games.

Either Bowyer is telling porkie pies when we sign these players or he thinks he can change them. 
    I've pondered this before, but with these second year options, who actually has the choice, the player or the club?

In the case of Bogle, you'd imagine that any salary he would get elsewhere would be lower, so not a great incentive for him to move on unless he can get a longer contract - say until June 2022 - and that wouldn't be attractive IF he could trigger an extension and get that with us anyway.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I've pondered this before, but with these second year options, who actually has the choice, the player or the club?

In the case of Bogle, you'd imagine that any salary he would get elsewhere would be lower, so not a great incentive for him to move on unless he can get a longer contract - say until June 2022 - and that wouldn't be attractive IF he could trigger an extension and get that with us anyway.
    Normally they are appearance based and trigger after x amount of games, or a player can trigger it after x number of games.  But they are normally reserved for injury prone or older players (actually that covers most of ours) but Amos, Williams and JFC triggered theirs in the summer and there was some rumour and innuendo that Bowyer wasn't happy that Williams had 🤷‍♂️

I can't see that Amos's or JFC's triggered like that? 
  • robroy said:
    That’s annoying, will need a new right back now to replace him 

• Swisdom said:
    Thanks for your efforts Paul but I am hopeful this is a sign we have something or someone lined up who is a little more dynamic in that position.

Like Bogle he is a tryer but doesn't have enough to mark him as a bit different.  A bit vanilla
    Ice Ice Baby, is that who you mean?
  • edited January 2021
    Good decision. Not a fan of his at all. Doesn’t create chances, doesn’t score many. Not overly quick or strong. Never going to start unless we have a bad injury crisis. The fact we tried chasing him for three windows was a huge concern.

Good luck in the future. 
    Agreed & I did see it coming.
    Yeah, me too;)
  • Quite liked him up front with Chuks earlier on in the season.
    Agreed, hasn’t done much since the injury and came back in the middle of Bowyer’s erratic spell.
    He may do a decent job as a squad player but hasn’t got the quality of Millar.
    He can also play in a few positions, which could be a problem as this confuses Bowyer even more about who to play where!
  • edited January 2021
    Thought he was more than decent but got caught up in our collapse at the back and was out with a lengthy injury. 

Like our season really, it just didn’t click. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Thought like madison it’s the club who have the option rather than bogle?