Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Smyth on loan from QPR (following progress at Leyton Orient p8)

Comments

• Options
    Smyth is a wide player who can play as a striker rather than an out an out striker. He has looked good since joining us. The cross for our second yesterday was terrific.
    What I like about him is he has the confidence to continue to be direct and positive with the ball even if things do not come off for him. Which is something I feel like we've missed since Leko got injured last season.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    It was clear that he wasn't a goal scorer from his record but if he can chip in with a few goals, plus assists, similar to his wonderful cross for another header from the reborn Chuks, then the initial disappointment from some on his signing will be forgotten.

• Options
    Good article, seems keen to learn and progress and play no matter whether its as a sub or starting etc. Wasn't keen when he said "They also have an option to call me back in January. It all depends how I’m playing and how I’m feeling." though
  • Options
    Injury didnt look to good, hopefully its not to long we lose him for
  • Options

Paul Smyth is stood by the tunnel dishing out high-fives to his teammates at FT. He does have crutches with him.

⏱FT 🔵 #itfc 0-2 #cafc 🔴
  • Options
    Clubs really are going to stop loaning us players soon. Hope it's not too bad for the lad, haven't been particularly impressed so far but felt he was improving. 
  • Options
    Clubs really are going to stop loaning us players soon. Hope it's not too bad for the lad, haven't been particularly impressed so far but felt he was improving. 
    This had nothing to do with our medical team and everything to do with a truly woeful tackling technique
  • Options
    It's a gash to his knee apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been a bit disappointed with him if I'm honest. Looks far too lightweight and ready to throw himself to the floor. Like today, when he got goal side of their bloke and didn't have the strength to hold him off so threw himself down.

Hope he's ok though. We could do without more injuries, particularly up top where we are fairly light as it is.
  • Options
    I thought he was very decent today.  Should have stayed in his feet when through but he has plenty of pace and ability.  Hope he is back soon
  • Options

Nasty gash forces Charlton Athletic striker off 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1056675797?-11197:833
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This had nothing to do with our medical team and everything to do with a truly woeful tackling technique
    Exactly - he brought this one on himself. A tackle that he didn’t even have to attempt. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Exactly - he brought this one on himself. A tackle that he didn’t even have to attempt. 
    The way he made the tackle and went down I wouldnt be surprised if the gash was caused by his knee coming down on top of his other boot. Couldnt really see much contact with their bloke.
  • Options
    One hopes that a cut knee, albeit nasty, is a week or two rather than the rest of the season or until QPR recall him whichever is the sooner.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My comment was tongue in cheek. The players we sign on loan seem to have some bad luck though. Leko and Field last season, Smyth joining Famewo this one. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    One hopes that a cut knee, albeit nasty, is a week or two rather than the rest of the season or until QPR recall him whichever is the sooner.
    That he was high fiving the players as they left the field suggests he should be back pretty soon
  • Options
    Any update on his injury?
  • Options
    Any update on his injury?
    See my comment at 12.01, no further news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't see this one coming. Wonder what the reason is behind this one? 
  • Options
    Didn't see this one coming. Wonder what the reason is behind this one? 
    Was thinking that myself. Wonder if they are upset at his playing time as cant see he would get in there team. 

Not fussed if it frees up another loan spot. 
  • Options
    If he is recalled then I won't complain, he's pacey, but never seems to be able to offer much else, good workrate but not able to deliver much unfortunately
  • Options
    Must have been recalled due to the Bright Osayi-Samuel to Fenerbache move.

Wonder if this means another winger will come in?
  • Options
    So it’s QPRs call, not ours to send him back?