Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Shinnie - (Ed. joined Livingston)

Comments

• Options
    Luton mate on Facebook, 

"Good in league 1 & 2...hasn't had much game time in championship...if you have a quick right back he will shine".
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Might be my last post, talking to a striker on a free, certainly not done atm
    Not done? 

As In not done signing him - long way off 
    or 
    Not finished with signings players yet 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Interesting

I assume (and hope) you mean that it's your last post about the subject, rather than your last post completely!
  • Options
    Am a little confused? How comes it might be your last post and how comes it's understandable?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Understand fully why you'd not post any more @Redhenry but would be a shame IMHO

Thanks for all the info down the years.
    I read it that he's going to get pelters if it doesn't come off.
  • Options
    Did wonder why we left the number 9 free
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Think Bogle was meant to have it but cos of Bonne being at the club he couldn't take it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Didn’t he get sent off for Luton at the Valley the day we broke their humungous unbeaten run?   Seem to remember he was rubbish that day but hey ho, we need bodies. Can’t offer any less than Oztumer. 
    Bit harsh judging him by a game where we out played their entire team. How does an individual stand out in that situation? 

He was no worse than the rest of his team that day. First yellow I think was quite questionable. Red card didn't affect the game at all.
    I didn’t say he was rubbish. I said he was rubbish “that day”. I’m well aware of Shinnie from his days in Scottish football. I’m interested in why he’s having to take a downward step at this stage. Maybe all Covid situation related or maybe he’s just past his best. Or maybe he’s not and we’ve nabbed a bargain. Only time will tell. 
    Your comment of 'hey ho, we need bodies.' suggested that you felt he was rubbish more than just on that day, especially coupled with the line 'Can't offer any less than Oztumer'.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Why your last post @Redhenry? Or do you just mean on current transfers?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Think Bogle was meant to have it but cos of Bonne being at the club he couldn't take it
    But didn't they register the shirts after Bonne left? I'd have thought they could've swapped it.

I'd be very surprised if we ended up with five strikers to be honest. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

But didn't they register the shirts after Bonne left? I'd have thought they could've swapped it.

Davison is a rookie, Smyth isn't really a striker.  Even Aneke sees himself as more of an attacking No 10
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Davison is a rookie, Smyth isn't really a striker.  Even Aneke sees himself as more of an attacking No 10
    Aneke did say he wanted to become our main striker when Taylor refused to return. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Think Redhenrys had enough of the cynics slating him when things don’t come off. Even though it was a bit of fun don’t think that itk list helped! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Aneke did say he wanted to become our main striker when Taylor refused to return. 
    And Bowyer has said more than once he doesn't think he is. Time will tell.

Of course Aneke can play there, I don't think Bowyer will play him there regularly unless he has to. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Of course Aneke can play there, I don't think Bowyer will play him there regularly unless he has to. 
    I think Bowyer probably has Bogle and Washington in mind as the front two. But Aneke is definitely for me now direct competition for Bogle. We only really have 2 out and out strikers so Aneke now has to be considered the third IMO. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Yeah, Bowyer said when Aneke first signed, after scoring something like 19 goals for MKD the season before, that he actually saw him as a '10' playing behind the main striker.

Something like that. You know what my memory's like these days!

#managerdesperateforamidfielderwhoscoresgoals

• Options
    Bowyer may have said that on signing him, doesn't mean he still feels that way. If he did, surely he wouldn't keep playing him up top?

Either way I think he's huge benefit to have in the squad, but I don't think we've seen him behind the two yet. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    All the best at Cardiff Dills, I get how hard it'll be to get info about Charlton from South Wales though, maybe you can change your name to BlueDaffyd and offer snippets on Bywyd Caerdydd?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bowyer may have said that on signing him, doesn't mean he still feels that way. If he did, surely he wouldn't keep playing him up top?

Either way I think he's huge benefit to have in the squad, but I don't think we've seen him behind the two yet. 
    Apart from almost every game he played last season, all be it not many. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Apart from almost every game he played last season, all be it not many. 
    That’s not true, about half and half I’d say. 
  • Options
    Keep going Redhenry   
    All done with the best intentions 
    Problem is we have more than half of our fan base constantly on the blob , you just got to ignore them