Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Shinnie - (Ed. joined Livingston)

Comments

• Options
    Don’t think I’ve ever heard a manager so pleased for a player yet gutted.
    Fantastic write up.
    you can see why LB and Gallen like the player so much, when you read about his attitude and attributes.
  • Options
    Keep going Redhenry   
    All done with the best intentions 
    Problem is we have more than half of our fan base constantly on the blob , you just got to ignore them 

‘On the Blob’

Is that on the loo?
    Period.
  • Options
    Good player. Surprised he didn't get higher scores last Saturday. 
  • Options
    Just how far are we behind Luton that they can give this boy up on loan.  Very decent player.
    Either that or they needed to get him off the wage bill....
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Just how far are we behind Luton that they can give this boy up on loan.  Very decent player.
    Either that or they needed to get him off the wage bill....
    Why? They're not subject to a cap and I doubt we're covering his full salary.
  • Options
    Very shrewd and inspired signing. He is going to be a big player for us this season. You can see he has that bit of quality that we need. Him And Maddison will create so many chances for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice diamond formation...

Watson or Pratley at the back; Maddison or Williams at the top of it... Gilbey and Shinnie adding the slight width
    Will be nice when Gilbey and Maddison are both match fit. Maybe Watson will stop getting booked too?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I must admit to being underwhelmed when he signed, but he has really impressed me. 

He has been a key man in our recent run. 
  • Options
    Was pleased with this one from the start and not surprised with how good he's looked. His experience will be vital, think he's going to be a great asset. 
  • Options

Watson or Pratley at the back; Maddison or Williams at the top of it... Gilbey and Shinnie adding the slight width
    I’d completely forgotten about Gilbey.
  • Options
    Could end up being the heartbeat of our side.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    And to think when he was linked you said something along the lines of “he better be able to pass the ball” 😆
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    And to think when he was linked you said something along the lines of “he better be able to pass the ball” 😆
    Sometimes prayers are granted! 
  • Options
    Luton have already admitted they didnt want to send him on loan

It was Shinnie that wanted the move as he didnt want to be a bit part player for them as Jones couldnt promise him regular game time

Refreshing to see a player willing to move and drop a division so he can play Football rather than just sit around picking up a wage

Sign right there that we've got a good 'un
    Thanks for sharing this @ForeverAddickted I had no idea. Very impressed by this, not too many modern players would go for that option. 
  • Options

I like the sound of that.
    That's the problem LB has with playing Alfie though. A nice problem to have/solve and I wonder with Alfie now injured will LB be tempted to go back to a diamond. We certainly have the midfielders to play it but is the Pompey game a bit soon to try it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luton have already admitted they didnt want to send him on loan

It was Shinnie that wanted the move as he didnt want to be a bit part player for them as Jones couldnt promise him regular game time

Refreshing to see a player willing to move and drop a division so he can play Football rather than just sit around picking up a wage

Sign right there that we've got a good 'un
    Thanks for sharing this @ForeverAddickted I had no idea. Very impressed by this, not too many modern players would go for that option. 
    Here you go mate, this is where I read the comments:

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/jones-pays-wonderful-shinnie-glowing-tribute-after-he-makes-loan-move-charlton-3008308
  • Options
    Aww, poor Andrew, Maddison won't be letting him have any free kicks when he's on! 
  • Options
    Funny how he says he wanted the FK he scored and Bogle had had a few in previous games where he hit the wall... which he preceeded to do on the next FK in a good position. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Funny how he says he wanted the FK he scored and Bogle had had a few in previous games where he hit the wall... which he preceeded to do on the next FK in a good position. 
    Would love to know what was going through Shinnie's head when Bogle did that

Do like how he was referring to Omar as the big man though
  • Options
    Love that interview! He's virtually said that Bogle has had his chances with freekicks and sent pathetic attempts in, so bye bye freekick duties!