Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ian Maatsen - following progress, now at Burnley on loan from Chelsea (p8)

Comments

• 6 inch?

Don't you mean 7 inch?
    probably a cold day ;)
  • ross1 said:
    "One piece of irony here is that Maatsen will now be playing with Alfie Doughty down the Charlton left, after the Addicks managed to fend off Celtic when they pursued Doughty."

• "The international window ended without Celtic signing Maatsen, and they signed Diego Laxalt on loan from AC Milan instead."
  • Looking at those clips I think Ian certainly has a big future in the game.
  • "The international window ended without Celtic signing Maatsen, and they signed Diego Laxalt on loan from AC Milan instead."
    So their second choice after missing out on Maatsen i presume
  • edited October 2020
    Can we call Ian, Ruud ?

A Dutch footballer called Ian ?
    Was Ian st John his grandfather's favourite player ?

Dennis Bergkamp was named after Denis Law.

Ruud Maatsen. 
  • Can we call Ian, Ruud ?

Dennis Bergkamp was named after Dennis Law.

Ruud Maatsen. 
    Are you sure..........Dennis Bergkamp was named after Denis Law.?
  • He looks to have a fair bit of ability. Looks to be a great signing. 
  • ross1 said:
    Can we call Ian, Ruud ?

Ruud Maatsen. 
    Yes, but Denis is too close to Denise, a girls name, so the registrar made his father spell it with two "n"s
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Can we call Ian, Ruud ?

Ruud Maatsen. 
    Yes, but Denis is too close to Denise, a girls name, so the registrar made his father spell it with two "n"s

The registrar made them put the extra "n" in Bergkamp name so it wasn't Denis.
    Never knew the reason, but knew his Dad was a big fan of the Scottish international.
  • edited October 2020
    What are they feeding the kids over there? Blimey, another top notch player.
  • Looks very useful indeed, no fear either, looks like he’s been in the team all season tonight.
  • Looks a better version of Doughty, slightly faster perhaps but seems to know what to do with the ball
  • A very good 45 minutes. Doesn’t get a nosebleed when in the opposition box which is a good sign. Look forward to seeing more of him.
  • Solid 7 maybe 7.5/10 half from him. People getting a bit carried away however? Does look good though
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks a quality player on the ball. Seems decent enough defensively too, but we need to make sure he's able to spend most of his time in their half
  • edited October 2020
    With our ownership issues well and truly sorted I’m confident we’ll have the lad for the season. Cheeky bid when we’re in the Championship next season?
  • Solid 7 maybe 7.5/10 half from him. People getting a bit carried away however? Does look good though
    Sorry not having that. The kids 18 and just came on for his debut (second appearance in senior football). He was solid, pacy and created our goal. 
  • Leuth said:
    Solid 7 maybe 7.5/10 half from him. People getting a bit carried away however? Does look good though
    He completely ruined the life of their best player, who had in turn ruined the entire career of Maatsen's predecessor. And he put the ball in for our goal. And he constantly made our best forward passes AND forward runs. He is going to be one hell of a player this season
    Completely agree with you, which makes me feel quite uncomfortable... :-)
    With no Naby or Erhun around, there's nobody for me to be weirdly obsessively supportive of! At least, nobody that everyone else won't be weirdly obsessively supportive of as well!

That said, I might make Dylan Levitt my cause celebre...a loan player? Very risky gambit, Leuth!
  • Thank goodness we now have a quality left back/wing back.

Have never liked Purrington's game, most of all cos he never stops his winger getting a centre in. Look forward to seeing a lot more of Maatsen.

• With our ownership issues well and truly sorted I’m confident we’ll have the lad for the season. Cheeky bid when we’re in the Championship next season?
    A more realistic, but still positive thought, is that he'll be like Josh Cullen who got promoted with us and came back on loan in the Championship!
  • With our ownership issues well and truly sorted I’m confident we’ll have the lad for the season. Cheeky bid when we’re in the Championship next season?
    A more realistic, but still positive thought, is that he'll be like Josh Cullen who got promoted with us and came back on loan in the Championship!

That’d do.