Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Omar Bogle - gone to Newport (p31)

Comments

• Options
    Hope to be proved wrong, but am so underwhelmed with this signing. Really hoping he is just back up 
    I'm in the @valleynick66 camp, let the fella have a chance. 
  • Options
    If they were 2 a penny I'd sign 4 as a minimum.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    wmcf123 said:
    Bargain basement 
    Just like Phillips (amd maddison was) will be bargain basement if hes signed by someone on a free, doesn't make him shit though. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    _MrDick said:
    A good replacement for Macaulay Caulkin. Some might say an improvement!
    14 goals in 4 seasons would suggest otherwise. 
    It's what he does at CAFC that matters. Let's see.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I know we're shopping at Lidls ........ but we've already signed some players with decent pedigree, even if they were free agents.
    If they are keen and good enough, hungry to get their career back on track - that's fine.

What worries me, is none of this current Sandgaard era batch of signings has done any kind of proper intense pre-season.

How far behind is their fitness (and consequently liable to injury) - and how long before they are consistently able to make a meaningful contribution to a match?

This is where the club's shop at;

Champions League - Harrods
    Premiership - Waitrose
    Championship - Sainsbury's/Tesco
    League One - Aldi/Llidl
    League Two - Corner Shop
    Conference -Petrol Station shop
    National League South/North - Market Stall
    Lower Pyramid - Church Hall fete
    Charlton - boot fair
  • Options
    Hasn't set the world alight since his Grimsby days  , but might come good again under Bowyer's guidance . Thought we might get better with TS at the helm .
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I do like the idea of a player who can put himself about. Obviously they need to be half decent too. It might be interesting to see how League One defences cope with Aneke and Bogle together. I don't know if it would work but might be worth a test when the opportunity arises.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasn't set the world alight since his Grimsby days  , but might come good again under Bowyer's guidance . Thought we might get better with TS at the helm .
    The timing is rubbish when it comes to signing players. Most of the sought after under contract players will have moved already, and aren't going to swap clubs after a month of the season!
  • Options
    Watching the videos, it does look like he has composure and some talent. I know it isn't the best indicator, but it is probably the only one for most of us until we see him play regularly.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for that feeling to come.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Like the one year option we seem to be offering with these deals. Gives the player a chance to push jog on.

• Options
    ok with this as long as we also get another forward who scores goals ....
    We can play 4-4-2 and pair a 25 goal striker with a 10 goal strike partner.

or we can go 4-3-3 and have Maddison (15 goals), Bogle (10 goals), Oztumer (10 goals) and achieve the same? Maybe.
    Sorry but Oztumer 10 goals? Spat my tea out at that one. If I had any left I’d spit it out at Bogle 10 goals.
    Make yourself another brew & then re-read it.....😃
  • Options

or we can go 4-3-3 and have Maddison (15 goals), Bogle (10 goals), Oztumer (10 goals) and achieve the same? Maybe.
    Sorry but Oztumer 10 goals? Spat my tea out at that one. If I had any left I’d spit it out at Bogle 10 goals.
    Correct me if I’m wrong Oztumer has scored 15 goals with a crap Walsall side at this level.

Two seasons in a row.

Purely based on proven records at league one level - all of those estimates have logic behind them
    Then he joined us and........nothing.

Oops, sorry I forgot, Bowyer improves players....
  • Options
    More than happy to give him a chance, if LB and SG like him then that's good enough for me. People on here need to give him chance to play before calling him out!
    Given the embargo & everything that has been going on I think Bogle is more last chance saloon rather than LB & SG liking him but yes have to give him a chance before deciding that I was right & slating him :wink::smiley:
  • Options
    I think the pool we are fishing in is more like a puddle, but Bogle may be the biggest fish in it and it is possible he could do well with us.
  • Options
    Who wants to bet for a donation to the upbeats. £1 spread over 10 goals this season is you paying, any less is me paying.

I’m optimistic he will score 15.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Ferryman said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I know we're shopping at Lidls ........ but we've already signed some players with decent pedigree, even if they were free agents.
    If they are keen and good enough, hungry to get their career back on track - that's fine.

What worries me, is none of this current Sandgaard era batch of signings has done any kind of proper intense pre-season.

How far behind is their fitness (and consequently liable to injury) - and how long before they are consistently able to make a meaningful contribution to a match?

This is where the club's shop at;

Champions League - Harrods
    Premiership - Waitrose
    Championship - Sainsbury's/Tesco
    League One - Aldi/Llidl
    League Two - Corner Shop
    Conference -Petrol Station shop
    National League South/North - Market Stall
    Lower Pyramid - Church Hall fete
    Well the meat quality in Aldi & Lidl is far superior to Tesco and Sainsbury's so as long as we keep signing meaty players...
  • Options

Correct me if I’m wrong Oztumer has scored 15 goals with a crap Walsall side at this level.

Two seasons in a row.

Purely based on proven records at league one level - all of those estimates have logic behind them
    Not aimed at you but if we are going on proven records then Bogle ain’t gonna score nowhere near enough goals to get us promoted.
    14 goals in 71 games over 3 years
  • Options
    Grimsby fans rated him.
    In the National League though.
    Did well for them in L2 as well.