Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Omar Bogle - gone to Newport (p31)

Comments

• https://youtu.be/b0MsFW-2cnQ at 1:04 - tap in

https://youtu.be/Tds7IqEqGts at 1:15 - tap in

https://youtu.be/QgSRo-xco4o at 0:43 - outpaced the CB and nice technique to lob the keeper

https://youtu.be/kin7KKqHozc at 1:30 - lovely first time shot on the turn

https://youtu.be/SNoBzRwyCvI at 1:05 - great cushioned volley given how quickly the ball was driven at him

https://youtu.be/5M-uO687MJQ at 4:24 - was credited the goal after the match

Think your question was a bit tongue in cheek but ask and you shall receive. :-)
    Haha yes it was but thanks for posting + timings as well, much appreciated. 
  • When you looked at who might be available to us, you can imagine him being at or near the top of the list. It could work out well. 
  • Grimsby fans love him but Cardiff mate of mine don't rate him,one year deal in div one should be fine,think he will be a good signing 
  • More than happy to give him a chance, if LB and SG like him then that's good enough for me. People on here need to give him chance to play before calling him out!
  • Under the tricky circumstances, I’m happy with this. Think Bowyer will improve him, and he’ll be a good target man for Madison. Two footed as well. 
  • bobmunro said:
    The constant negativity is boring. Get behind the lad, he might do alright.

This.

As my youngest has just told me - Bowyer loves right-offs with talent, it shows what a good manager he is if he turns it around.

Welcome, Omar and show us the early promise is back.
    As did Curbs and Powell. That's who Charlton have always been; we don't necessarily have the money to compete for the biggest players, but we take the players right for us and make a team greater than the sum of its parts. It's one of the most enjoyable parts of being a Charlton fan
    I'm not sure that applies to us in L1 though. Even under Roland we were considered a big fish by the other sides. If the takeover had happened in July rather than September I imagine we would have been splashing the cash
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    .Cafc43v3r said:
    10 goals in last three years in total. Though Bogle and Aneke up top will at least bully a few centre back partnerships!
    4 in 12 for Pompey at this level, last time he played at this level.  Yeah probably shit isn't he. 
    Thanks for that comprehensive stat. Looking forward to seeing him regularly finding the back of the net though I do wonder why he only started half of those games for Pompey and never actually played 90 minutes for them? Equally, the previous time he played at this level, for Peterborough, he managed just one goal in 9 games. And he only started 4 of those too and again he never played 90 minutes for them either. 

My spread would be 10-12 for the season which will be OK as long as we are getting goals elsewhere. The trouble is that we were spoilt with Grant and Taylor and we simply aren't fishing in the same pool now. Which is something we all just have to accept.

What I didn't like particularly about this signing is not Bogle. It's the fact that we had this big build up and that smacked a bit too much of what was going on with Mouthall and his marguee signings. Which is why I mentioned the 10 goals in the last three years. There's a reason why he's been available for three months and no one has snapped him up already.

But what the hell? We're playing football and have, at face value, a stable future which is infinitely better than where we were a few weeks ago
  • We need 4 main strikers/forwards with one of them being a 20 goal striker.
    Washington/Aneke and Bogle don't appear to be 1 goal every 2 game players. 

We have been spoilt by the goals by Taylor, Grant, Aribo and Bonne, in recent times.

The new strikers need to score as well as assist.

We wish Omar Bogle well.
  • Meant to add, I would still like to see a young Prem loan striker come in as well.

• I dont get that there is alot of negativity at the moment. We are trying to build a team to get out of league 1. Were not going to be signing top players for obvious reasons at the moment. If the management feel he can add to the team that can win promotion this year then why would you need more than a 1 year contract. Get promoted then you strengthen again for championship. Welcome to Omar from me hopefully you can do a job this season
  • Happy with this signing! He has a fairly good level of experience. League One is much easier than the Championship so I’m not concerned that Cardiff fans don’t rate him. He wants to be here and has something to prove, as long as Maddison, Williams & Oztumer are creating chances then he will score.
  • Score goals please.
  • AndyG said:
    I dont get that there is alot of negativity at the moment. We are trying to build a team to get out of league 1. Were not going to be signing top players for obvious reasons at the moment. If the management feel he can add to the team that can win promotion this year then why would you need more than a 1 year contract. Get promoted then you strengthen again for championship. Welcome to Omar from me hopefully you can do a job this season
    Agree @AndyG      Bowyer has already said that he's building a team to get us out of the division this season.

Like Chris Powell a few years ago, he'll try and bring in players that are capable of doing a job in this division - but, should we get promoted, with sufficient quality/experience to perform in the Championship.

Even with one eye on the future, Bowyer is all about getting promoted this season.

• We clearly needed a Taylor style replacement. They may not be like for like but is probably the closest we could get. When Gunter signed Bowyer talked about his ability going forward. We now have Maddison aswell who can deliver a decent ball and hopefully now we have the target man to aim at. With the type and age of the players we have got in it appears Bowyer is getting a group together that can get us out of this league this season. He doesn’t seem to be looking too far beyond that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bogle if anything is more like Josh Magennis than any of last season's strikers?
  • Lets see if he makes a difference and gets us points.
  • Bogle if anything is more like Josh Magennis than any of last season's strikers?
    He looks like he has a bit more skill than Magennis, if not quite so much pace
  • I know we're shopping at Lidls ........ but we've already signed some players with decent pedigree, even if they were free agents.
    If they are keen and good enough, hungry to get their career back on track - that's fine.

What worries me, is none of this current Sandgaard era batch of signings has done any kind of proper intense pre-season.

How far behind is their fitness (and consequently liable to injury) - and how long before they are consistently able to make a meaningful contribution to a match?

• Welcome Omar and good luck.

Looking forward to seeing you score the winning goal in front of a packed Covered End in the not too distant future :)

• So the most important question - how do you pronounce his surname?

• Bargain basement 
  • cafcfan said:
    So the most important question - how do you pronounce his surname?

Say Bowyer but leave out the yer and add the gle. 
  • cafcfan said:
    So the most important question - how do you pronounce his surname?

Oh Ma

Bo Gull
  • A good replacement for Macaulay Caulkin. Some might say an improvement!