Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Omar Bogle - gone to Newport (p31)

Comments

• Knows Marcus Maddison from his time at Peterborough too
  • Can't see this announced anywhere but here?!
  • Glad we've signed a striker but think we'll need a lot more than Bogle to get us out of this league. He's no Grant or Taylor. Not even sure he's an upgrade on Bonne tbh.
    Not sure an “upgrade” on Bonne is what we could get, nor what we need at this point in the window.

If you offered me Bonne or Bogle + 2m to spend on the squad, I’d choose the latter.
    I would rather they spent that £2m on a decent striker
    So would I - but wage cap......

• mendonca said:
    Can't see this announced anywhere but here?!
    Ben Ransom announced it. Cawley has also confirmed it. 
  • Of course these videos can always been slightly misleading - but one thing you can see is he does seem to have a little bit about him. Can actually dribble the ball and is not just a static lump up top. 
  • Only a you tube video but looks decent and more than just a lump 
  • Chunes said:
    If we have that much faith in him, why is it a 1-year deal? He's 27.

We just gave a 31 year old a 2-year deal with an extra 1-year option. Strange. 
    Probably thinks can get more than 2k a week if he has a good season but we don't go up
  • Sponsored links:

• Grimsby fans rated him.
  • edited October 2020
  • edited October 2020
    Redhenry said:
    big lump not technically gifted....
    Not impressed then, @Redhenry :smile:

I guess he's been brought in because he's a physical presence, holds up the ball, chip in with a few goals, do a job: but he's not  a Ronnie Schwarz type striker. I'd imagine we're still working on that one.

PS: Did you already know he was coming?

• edited October 2020
    Similar player to Frank Nouble.

FFS don't shoot the messenger.
    Can't be that bad.

• Dansk_Red said:
    Not on OS yet 
    Not true until it's on the OS.

Stand down everybody! :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Looks like there’s a good player there from the highlights. Hope he’s fit and can gel with the team.
  • edited October 2020
    Obviously reading this the 4 or 5 championship managers that have picked him were wrong and he is shit. 

The same way that the 60 odd championship mangers, in the same time frame, were wrong to not sign Maddison. 

Obviously the Charlton life hive mind knows better. /sarcasm 
  • They’ve crashed the CAFC website
  • Grimsby fans rated him.
    Not according to the reply to "stratpac" in the comments on that video!