Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ged Roddy MBE appointed as Technical Director - resigned (p26)

Comments

• This explains Peter Varney's slightly bitter comment on Sandgaard then. Probably walked in expecting the job and was turned down. 
    I don't think it does explain anything to do with Peter Varney. I would have expected PV to be CEO if he were to have come in, Two totally different roles.  
  • edited October 2020
    Technical director- does that mean the tactics will be dictated by him and the teams at all levels 1st team, u23s, u18s etc... have to adapt to that? Hope LB is on board with all this. Is he the first person hired by CAFC with an MBE or OBE?
  • edited October 2020
    ct_addick said:
    Technical director- does that mean the tactics will be dictated by him and the teams at all levels 1st team, u23s, u18s etc... have to adapt to that? Hope LB is on board with all this
    No, not at all.

He's here to deal with off-field and behind the scenes stuff - department analysis, organising, restructuring and driving the upgrade to Academy Category 1.

• Oggy Red said:
    ct_addick said:
    Technical director- does that mean the tactics will be dictated by him and the teams at all levels 1st team, u23s, u18s etc... have to adapt to that? Hope LB is on board with all this
    No, not at all.

He's here to deal with off-field and behind the scenes stuff - department analysis, organising, restructuring and driving the upgrade to Academy Category 1.

That's my view but we don't actually know what his specific role will be, do we?
  • Oggy Red said:
    ct_addick said:
    No, not at all.

That's my view but we don't actually know what his specific role will be, do we?
    No, no yet we don't.

We'll await for Tommy to tell us first ..... or get CAST to interview him, if they are willing. :smile:
  • Hope he leaves our current 'team' of LB, SG, JJ and the others to get on with their jobs. Can't see what could be inferred as 'interference' being tolerated by the boys.
  • I keep on thinking of Geddy Lee
  • edited November 2020
    Should answer a few questions people have

• The interview is available for free on the club’s YouTube channel and can be viewed by clicking here.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5fb29e262a892/in-depth-an-interview-with-ged-roddy
  • Sponsored links:

• Loving these interviews that Ollie does.
    Wearing Henry's cardigan though
  • This is the guy wrote incepted and wrote the EPPP documentation so if anyone knows the ins and outs of it - and potentially the loopholes - then that can only be a good thing
  • Interesting to hear from him that Sandgaard met with him around the time we played Swindon in the cup
  • edited November 2020
    Sounds like some questioning from Roddy over the medical team. 'We need to bring some new expertise in and have a look at that space'.

9 games in 24 days. More subscribing to Bow's 9 game blocks... I mean this isn't a regular 9 game block, but interesting to hear that terminology again. 
  • edited November 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sounds like some questioning from Roddy over the medical team. 'We need to bring some new expertise in and have a look at that space'.

9 games in 24 days. More subscribing to Bow's 9 game blocks... I mean this isn't a regular 9 game block, but interesting to hear that terminology again. 
    Interesting wasn't it. That, with the one-line statement on the OS about Thrush leaving. You'd expect a bit of "We thank Alastair for all he did, we just felt we needed a fresh approach with the new owner." Or something. But total silence. We can read into that what we will, personally I get the idea there were some problems there.

Really enjoyed the interview overall. Has very impressive pedigree. 
  • T_C_E said:
    I wonder if Cahones is doing one? 
    I wish he would 
  • edited November 2020
    Absolutely. 

I love how he speaks of 'we' or 'we as Charlton Athletic' too. 

We're also producing more players than 25% of all Category 1 clubs that are in play. Really bloody good to hear.

Just think what'll happen when Avory & Co have the gear to match their ideas. 

Interesting that Palace have only gone Cat1 in the Summer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ged really seems like a decent bloke. Important I think in the big scheme of things. I liked what I heard there.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Loving these interviews that Ollie does.
    Wearing Henry's cardigan though
    Smart dresser
  • Would ya?
    Come on Elf's what did you type and then think twice about  ;)  
    WOS........wife over shoulder.🤫🤫🤫
  • Dazzler21 said:

9 games in 24 days. More subscribing to Bow's 9 game blocks... I mean this isn't a regular 9 game block, it’s an M&S 9 game block but interesting to hear that terminology again. 
    I think that reads better.
  • Guessing it'll be Wayne Mumford at some point a little further down the line
  • Impressed with the interview on you tube.
  • MattF said:
    Guessing it'll be Wayne Mumford at some point a little further down the line
    Just for you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Au_PUapVyI4