Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ged Roddy MBE appointed as Technical Director - resigned (p26)

Comments

• Options
    Thought he used to be in Rainbow tbh
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Just hope that LB, SG & SA see it as a plus. Impressive CV if we discount the reports from Reading. TS must be getting guidance from others surely, with apparently little knowledge of the English game where would he chance upon Ged Roddy ? Who on here were aware of him ?
    I'd never heard of him, I confess ........   with a name like that,  I thought he did a gardening programme on the BBC.

No that's Ged Toddy
  • Options
    TS probably ask for guidance from the Freshfields guy who was a director at Newcastle for a while. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Just hope that LB, SG & SA see it as a plus. Impressive CV if we discount the reports from Reading. TS must be getting guidance from others surely, with apparently little knowledge of the English game where would he chance upon Ged Roddy ? Who on here were aware of him ?
    I'd never heard of him, I confess ........   with a name like that,  I thought he did a gardening programme on the BBC.

No that's Ged Toddy
    Red Goddy
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    I was hoping for a centre forward.
    Maybe he can double up ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Salary guess? Directors and playing squad will be on similar (post wage cap signings) now.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    So, what does a technical director do exactly?
    Installs new versions of Windows and tells staff to turn their computer off and on if anything doesn’t work.
  • Options
    Thinking seriously about the long term future - wow,  is this really CAFC?  I thought that was something only other clubs did.  Well done Thomas and welcome GED.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Salary guess? Directors and playing squad will be on similar (post wage cap signings) now.
    Wonder if it can be written in that he'll get a decent bonus "after the first month of the club playing Championship football", orsomething, so it ain't actually paid while in L1?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It seems very odd doesn't it.

De cloob actually showing some vision after years & years of farcical top level management
    I read faecal but much the same meaning with our recent ownership history
  • Options
    Looks like a good appointment, though I see he wrote EPPP - so we can blame him for the likes of Kasey Palmer being poached so easily and for so little compensation.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    If Ged Roddy can dovetail with Lee and the coaching staff and Steve Avory who is head of the academy setup then a good Technical director can be a smart move;
    If egos get in the way it will end in tears. 

That was my point earlier in the template that TS set up in the states for Zynec Inc: we should know by now is a medical device manufacturer that produces and markets electrotherapy devices for use in pain management, physical rehabilitation, neurological diagnosis and cardiac monitoring.

Good luck to God Ready, in his new job because he will come up against all of the above in bold type with the players and especially the fans of CAFC.
  • Options
    Crikey!
    whats all this employing people that actually know football mullarkey.
    that’ll never catch on 😳😜🤣🤣
    The 'Meire years' were fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not Welsh?

Shocking!

Welcome to CAFC

Dy Roddge
  • Options
    Looks a good appointment to me and as others have said, will hopefully take the burden off the footballing management (first team, scouting and academy) and let them concentrate on doing what they do best.       
  • Options
    and i'm sure he'll have a good look at our medical / physio department as well