Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON 75/1 WITH BETFAIR

Comments

• Options
    I cashed out by £300 ‘top half finish’ bet with a £50 profit 2 games ago as I couldn’t trust our lot not to keep on slipping up. Do I regret it now? Dunno. We are very unpredictable right now.
  • Options
    This is how it is.

If you put £10 on Charlton winning promotion at 33 to 1.

You lose £10.
  • Options
    I think our issue now may be too many draws. The change in approach makes it harder to beat us. If we can win all or most of the winnable on paper games coming up, then maybe with Innis back we can do well in the final fixtures. I won't be betting on it though. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Well, after our Turgid period, we are now 500/1 to win League One, a bet for the most highly optimistic amongst us. 

Promotion 33/1
    Finish Top 6 8/1 

The sort of run required to take a top six place, most likely 6th, would be of fairly epic proportions. To achieve that 6th spot, we would need to beat pretty much every team in the top 8 in our run in fixtures. So if we can beat them in the run in to achieve 6th place, then why would we not beat them again in the playoffs. So if you fancy we get 6th spot, then take the 33/1. All prices Bet365

The 6th placed team in the last 5 seasons or so have finished with anything between 69-74 points. So 75 points would've guaranteed top six. But it would've been possible with 70 one year.

Given some of the teams cut adrift at the bottom this year, I think it's likely to be 73-74 points required for a top six place. So we need 22-23 points from the last 12 games.

If we can pick up 10 points from the next four games, that leaves us needing 12-13 points from that run of eight games to end the season.
  • Options
    Well, after our Turgid period, we are now 500/1 to win League One, a bet for the most highly optimistic amongst us. 

Promotion 33/1
    Finish Top 6 8/1 

The sort of run required to take a top six place, most likely 6th, would be of fairly epic proportions. To achieve that 6th spot, we would need to beat pretty much every team in the top 8 in our run in fixtures. So if we can beat them in the run in to achieve 6th place, then why would we not beat them again in the playoffs. So if you fancy we get 6th spot, then take the 33/1. All prices Bet365

Bookies taking the piss. 8/1, should be a lot higher.
  • Options
    Well we continue good results, I will not say form, as in my view we are not really that much better than when we were losing.

Bookmakers reaction is.

Promotion 16/1
    Top 6 Finish.  4/1 

• Options
    We are defo going up,hell i reckon we will do the double and go up to the prem next year.  whats the odd on that?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I got 200 on Betfair on us to win the league. Put it on the week we played Fleetwood, Burton and Blackpool, hoping for 9 points to get back in it. Unfortunately things went amiss. 

They were 600 a week or so back.
  • Options
    Well, the results in midweek and today have made the bookies shorten us up.

Promotion 8/1. (10/1 with one outfit)
    Top 6 Finish.  11/8

we must now be considered as the side who are finishing strong........ 
  • Options
    Another week where the bookies shorten up the Addicks.

Promotion 6/1 Generally  (7/1 with Betfred and 5/1 with BET365).
    Top 6 Finish 5/6 (8/13 BET365)

For first time in a while we are in the top six of the market to finish top 6. 
    Portsmouth 5/4
    Oxford 9/2
    Ipswich 66/1
    Doncaster 150/1

For the doom merchants Evens we finish outside the top 6 (SKYBET).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another week where the bookies shorten up the Addicks.

Promotion 6/1 Generally  (7/1 with Betfred and 5/1 with BET365).
    Top 6 Finish 5/6 (8/13 BET365)

For first time in a while we are in the top six of the market to finish top 6. 
    Portsmouth 5/4
    Oxford 9/2
    Ipswich 66/1
    Doncaster 150/1

For the doom merchants Evens we finish outside the top 6 (SKYBET).

I reckon bet365 might be acting on internal information!
  • Options
    Bet365 still haven’t stopped laughing at my Cheltenham bets!
  • Options
    I put £10 @ 40-1 with 365 earlier this season. After forgetting all about it due to our rubbish run all of sudden 365 are offering me a cash out of £45.00. Now I dont know what to do lol
  • Options
    it was £10.00 on us getting promoted
  • Options
    If you cashed out £45 and put it back on at 8/13 you’d only return £72.69. That’s a scandalous cash out offer.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    If you cashed out £45 and put it back on at 8/13 you’d only return £72.69. That’s a scandalous cash out offer.

8/13 is to finish top 6, not to get promotion!

The price to get promoted is 5/1, so £45 returns £270 versus - £410 now - both at risk!

It's a reasonable offer.
  • Options
    Bet365 still haven’t stopped laughing at my Cheltenham bets!

We're waiting for the pubs to open inside and then we're all going out on the strength of them!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I put £10 @ 40-1 with 365 earlier this season. After forgetting all about it due to our rubbish run all of sudden 365 are offering me a cash out of £45.00. Now I dont know what to do lol
    I'd bite their hand off.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

That makes sense - I suppose 40/1 on top six would've been big. Although I wouldn't have been saying that in February..!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

That makes sense - I suppose 40/1 on top six would've been big. Although I wouldn't have been saying that in February..!
    I expect the 40/1 was promotion not top 6..... 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I expect the 40/1 was promotion not top 6..... 
    Yes
  • Options
    No I wouldnt cash it out. I just mentioned it as after last nights results they suddenly offered the cash out option. Hopefully the bookies know something 😁 I couldn't cash out as I would be gutted missing out on £410.00 it would taint that Wembley feeling 😳😳😳
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    No I wouldnt cash it out. I just mentioned it as after last nights results they suddenly offered the cash out option. Hopefully the bookies know something 😁 I couldn't cash out as I would be gutted missing out on £410.00 it would taint that Wembley feeling 😳😳😳
    That's a win win Andy
  • Options
    This is how it is.

If you put £10 on Charlton winning promotion at 33 to 1.

You lose £10.
    I'll take that bet with you.
  • Options
    Put me down for £50 as well please.
  • Options

@blackpool72

It's all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there,,🙂
  • Options

@blackpool72

It's all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there,,🙂
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Seriously I hope and pray you are correct and I'm wrong. 
    I hate being in this league. 

5 games to go.

Or possibly 8

Fingers crossed Mr.Melrose. 
  • Options
    So with us best price 4/5 for top 6.
    What price would we go to with a win