Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON 75/1 WITH BETFAIR

Comments

• Options
    Personally i think its a good bet, we have only really just got our team together so i expect an swift up turn in results. After a couple of games i did lump £25 EW on us for the title, think it was 25/1 irrc, i dont actually think we will romp it but could be close and top 3 seems a decent bet and still think that
    I know we've only played 4 matches, but think we are already too far behind to win the title IMO. We have three matches next week and we would need to hit the ground running against Wigan and build some form immediately.

Back in 2018/9 I thought we were the best team in the division and much better than Luton & Barnsley. Only thing stopped us winning the title was not getting our squad ready to 6th match. Not having a proper back up left back for when Page got injured and penny pitching in a replacement for Grant. Even with all the good players we had we weren't able to overtake them two.  

Probably need 90+ points to win the title, would probably mean only another 5 defeats out of next 42. A very hard task. I hope I am wrong but 25/1 is a good price.

You make some valid points, however 4 games in its a bit silly to say we are too far behind already. Although the next couple of games could be key and potential tricky, its a long season other teams will drop points. 90 points is probably more for the win but top 3 probably fewer, all guess work really. But we are not out of it already lol 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Personally i think its a good bet, we have only really just got our team together so i expect an swift up turn in results. After a couple of games i did lump £25 EW on us for the title, think it was 25/1 irrc, i dont actually think we will romp it but could be close and top 3 seems a decent bet and still think that
    I know we've only played 4 matches, but think we are already too far behind to win the title IMO. We have three matches next week and we would need to hit the ground running against Wigan and build some form immediately.

Back in 2018/9 I thought we were the best team in the division and much better than Luton & Barnsley. Only thing stopped us winning the title was not getting our squad ready to 6th match. Not having a proper back up left back for when Page got injured and penny pitching in a replacement for Grant. Even with all the good players we had we weren't able to overtake them two.  

Probably need 90+ points to win the title, would probably mean only another 5 defeats out of next 42. A very hard task. I hope I am wrong but 25/1 is a good price.

You make some valid points, however 4 games in its a bit silly to say we are too far behind already. Although the next couple of games could be key and potential tricky, its a long season other teams will drop points. 90 points is probably more for the win but top 3 probably fewer, all guess work really. But we are not out of it already lol 
    From a betting and maths perspective I would argue it's not silly. Personally I think the 5/2 for top 6 is a much smarter bet. Charlton are 14/1 to win the play offs would be a better punt that us to win the league at 25/1.

I am aware that Sheffield United & Luton came from about 16th after 7 matches to win the titles, but they both had a striker who scored 25+ a season, at the moment I do not believe we have that.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Top half is a license to print money, just checked and max bet is 375 quid though
    Professional bet. Wish I had the money to have a proper bet on that and get my season ticket paid for next season.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Top half is a license to print money, just checked and max bet is 375 quid though
    I backed us top half with Sky & PP.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Yeh, you're probably right, only 126 points left to fight for, damn!
    And how many games have these played together?

Amos

Gunter
    Inniss
    Famewo
    Maatsen

Levitt
    Watson
    Gilbey

Maddison
    Bogle
    Washington

Once we make our final couple of signings, something like 15 or 16 players will have started less than half a dozen games for us. Do you think it's easy to hit the road running especially in defence where any misunderstanding is going to be punished most? 

I would love us to win the league and the prices available are seemingly attractive. But they are almost certainly right and if we manage to make the play offs then that will be a magnificent achievement.
  • Options
    William Hill at 8/11 for a top half finish looks decent value
    4/6 on SkyBet.....gotta be worth a score surely?
    Have you got a link to sky bet page for this ?  I can't seem to find odds for us apart from Wigan game. 
  • Options
    Have you got a link to sky bet page for this ?  I can't seem to find odds for us apart from Wigan game. 
    https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/event/26235893
  • Options
    thanks for that.
  • Options
    Told my mate 8/11 us top half buying  money , he could get £82.50 off with betfair sports book , all minges these bookies 

I’d come out of betting retirement if there was a bookies that would lay a proper bet,  anywhere near that price is a gimme .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    11/4 still top 6
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    11/4 still top 6
    I make us one of eight.  

Hull/Ipswich/Posh/Sunderland/Lincoln/Doncaster & Pompey. Think that 11/4 is a great price. 

Three of the bottom 6 in next couple of matches. 7 points from them and I think we will be close to 6/4. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I like this one, £325 is the max you can bet @Athletico Charlton
  • Options
    or this one
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Lumped on at 4/7

Max bet seems to be based on max £250 profit. Still, I'll take it. 

I then used the £250 for top 6, promotion and outright bets. 

As long as we finish top half I'm covered. Do better and I'm winning 

Thanks all
  • Options
    22s still available 
    Top 6 15/8
    Promotion 11/2
    Top 12 4/9
  • Options

Just placed this on at Betfair 
  • Options
    I can't see Luton finishing in the top half. 
    Same. Very iffy that bet IMO. 2/1 isn’t generous at all. 
    They had a good couple of games at the start but are a very ordinary team for championship level. 
  • Options
    Luton top half?! Yes maybe in league one next season (my own betting record is dire so should come in )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    22s still available 
    Top 6 15/8
    Promotion 11/2
    Top 12 4/9
    pleased with myself at the moment. got 13/5 for top 6 yesterday. 
  • Options
    Got 

75 at 20s
    50 at 28s
    75 at 20s
    68.18 at 22s

Keep the faith! 
  • Options
    I can't see Luton finishing in the top half. 
    If it comes in I've got 2 free Season tickets for next year, if not I've spent a nights worth of beer.. worth a punt 
  • Options
    Took the 11/2 for promotion today & 12/1 to win the play offs. Still concerned about the lack of clear chances we create but think we are ridiculously over priced. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Leicester, Forest, Charlton and Salford top half
    4.85/1.  £25

Leicester, Blackburn, Charlton, Exeter top half
    2.75/1.   £25

Leeds, Forest, Charlton, Wallsall. Top half.
    9.5/1.   £25

WestBrom, Rotherham, Rochdale, Oldham.  Bottom half.   
    0.75/1.   £100
  • Options
    Forest? Not with Judas up top
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Forest? Not with Judas up top
    Hughton manager and plenty of cash so they will spend again in Jan.  The risk was worth the enhanced odds they gave.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Just placed this on at Betfair 
    Good win for Luton today