Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Henry - loaned to Crawley p8

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No... It worries me when a Manager has to report his hopes that an youth player will sign a deal.

Especially one that isn't getting regular first team minutes yet.

Another sign that Sandgaard hasn't learnt from Roland, when it comes to getting youth contracts sorted.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No... It worries me when a Manager has to report his hopes that an youth player will sign a deal.

Another sign that Sandgaard hasn't learnt from Roland, when it comes to getting youth contracts sorted.
    The thing with Henry is when would have signed a new long term contract?  He would have been silly signing a 3 or 4 year deal last summer because he probably thinks he will be a regular, sooner rather than later, and get significantly better terms.  Here or elsewhere.

They aren't as easy as they sounds.  The window for nailing down KAG was only about 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not sure about that, both signed up several young players to long term deals.

Being in L1 year after year is the bigger issue, we’ll never get it 100% spot on while that’s the case.

Henry hasn’t properly broken through yet so we have a chance. We really need to get him signed up before he has that first run of games, if he does and he impresses then he’s got no incentive to sign a new deal.
  • Options
    Another example of where our poor transfer dealings in the summer have caused us problems. As well as too few strikers, and left footed defenders, we also ended up with too many midfielders.

Hence Leaburn became a 1st team starter, while Henry will struggle to even get on the bench.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    More the fact Henry will only sign if he is going to get first team football.. The boy wants to play.. I fear if we don't tie him down, he will be another what could have been.

I really rate him, and I would actually like to see him given more of a chance.
    agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be a massive loss if he ends up going. Would make me wonder about the cost of the academy and it's benefits. Perhaps Sandgaard looking at that too. 
  • Options
    http://southnorwoodaddick.com/2022/10/17/aaron-henry-youth-contracts/

Youth players can sign a maximum of 2.5 year contracts when under the age of 17, leaving the club vulnerable. The length they are allowed to sign for is dependent on when their birthday is. 
  • Options
    Don't know why Garner is bigging him up but not picking him.....strange one for me
  • Options
    Do you not think you may be over reading that article, has Henry been offered a deal? wasn't he injured? I took from the article that it was the manger giving his opinion of the player and his hopes for the players future, nothing else.   
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Don't know why Garner is bigging him up but not picking him.....strange one for me
    He's been injured
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Partly because the squad is badly balanced.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ct_addick said:
    Partly because the squad is badly balanced.
    But mostly because he's injured...
  • Options
    Non-Story 
  • Options
    Like Henry as a player but he couldn’t get down the tunnel quick enough tonight. Is he really a team player. Has to be a reason managers don’t fancy him 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he's got good potential, but has been on the fringes too long. Needs a season away at a competitive level. 
  • Options
    Looks great technically but often thought he is very one paced, seems to always be tracking back as play goes by him. No doubt he has talent though
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Think he'll end up going but end up being one we regret not keeping. 
    Not so sure, for a midfielder he has shown that he has a nice "whip" on him, but nothing else really. Let's see. Can completely understand him wanting to leave else he will miss senior development.

Without turning into Diego Poyet (the bodybuilder), he could do with hitting the weights. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Think he'll be off. Really need to grab some moments when given minutes in the men's game to show you can be fast tracked.

Leaburn and Ness managed to do so. Chin, Henry and Kanu showing they need a season or two on loan. It's not a dig, just part of the process.
    Even Albie Morgan showed more in his first few appearances in the first team...
    Who was Morgan in midfield with ? Cullen etc . When Henry came on he had Morgan and Payne as company. 

I think that Henry needs to become more of box to box midfielder to fit in with our current system. All of his opportunities recently seem to have been replacing Dobson, and his defence isn’t up to it at the moment. 
  • Options
    James Vennings feels like a fairly accurate template for his career path. Let's see
  • Options
    Don’t get the hype around him, said it before he was really one paced for a central midfielder and I am still adamant he is. Good technical ability don’t get me wrong but constantly seems to get caught out by someone running in behind him. May go onto have a good career but certainly isn’t someone who will go far like some think. 
    Agreed. Cultured right foot, but doesn't seem athletic enough. Maybe that's something he can work on?

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/5f774e39617f4/aaron-henry-signs-first-pro-deal-until-2023

Looking at the story when he signed that contract it says 

Academy graduate Aaron Henry has signed his first professional contract with the club, committing his future to the Addicks until at least 2023.

Implying some sort of extension clause?